Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Just monstrous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

you musta not seen his address to congress it was capital P Presidential

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

like he doesn't even need to put effort into being lovely, it is his natural gift from holy moloch

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

anime was right posted:

but i mean, will google sell your search history to someone? if so, you might just switch to another search engine. you can avoid that by going to direct URLs, etc.

if every ISP sells your info, there's no way of avoiding it. they can be far more brazen with what they do with your personal info.

They don't exactly sell your search history, they read all your email and posts and then pick the optimal advertisement to show you. An advertiser pays money, google gets paid, and your information is the key to that transaction, but they aren't precisely *selling* it.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Al! posted:

knock knock, who's there, it's incognito browsing and it's got bleach and a blacklight

oh shi

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

anime was right posted:

but i mean, will google sell your search history to someone? if so, you might just switch to another search engine. you can avoid that by going to direct URLs, etc.

if every ISP sells your info, there's no way of avoiding it. they can be far more brazen with what they do with your personal info.

As far as I understand Google was already selling your info (or something way more sophisticated, profitable, and scary than outright selling it). But now your provider gets in on the game too.

Or they were doing it already too because we're all too lazy to read the Terms we agree to. But now the opt out is taken out of them.

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

I love how the surveillance state has retroactively made tin foil hat people seem like visionary prophets.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Brother Friendship posted:

I love how the surveillance state has retroactively made tin foil hat people seem like visionary prophets.

thanks obama

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I wonder how this works with massive networks like campus secure networks that tens of thousands of people use

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Watching trump send krauthhammer into a deep depression and burning angst almost makes this all worth it. Also if Krauthammer thinks your a monster.. goddamn.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

God he's so fat

It's really impressive, Obama was in real good shape despite smoking, W was in reasonable good shape, Bill Clinton wasn't in bad shape either....but Trump is an absolute tub of poo poo and KFC

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Brother Friendship posted:

:tinfoil: :guinness:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

gotta give him chops for trying to not laugh and ruin his scam

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

he is clearly spoofing himself here

is jones...nihilist?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

dwarf74 posted:

Already passed.

And that cowardly motherfucker Rand Paul - you know the guy who styles himself a privacy advocate - just abstained instead of actually voting No.

ffs why didn't the dems filibuster this?

god loving damnit

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Epic High Five posted:

I wonder how this works with massive networks like campus secure networks that tens of thousands of people use

You're tracked with a cookie or similar. ISPs can also tag your traffic with a special http header at the modem and then perfectly track your every movement through other participating services.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Rex-Goliath posted:

ffs why didn't the dems filibuster this?

god loving damnit

Couldn't, Senate rules

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

As far as I understand Google was already selling your info (or something way more sophisticated, profitable, and scary than outright selling it). But now your provider gets in on the game too.

Or they were doing it already too because we're all too lazy to read the Terms we agree to. But now the opt out is taken out of them.

They were doing it already because Congress repealed the FCC rule today before it ever went into effect.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

GobiasIndustries posted:

It's really impressive, Obama was in real good shape despite smoking, W was in reasonable good shape, Bill Clinton wasn't in bad shape either....but Trump is an absolute tub of poo poo and KFC

You just made me realize how funny it would be to see Trump jogging with secret service.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

trump is going to start a new trend called Rolling LDL where people destroy their bodies in an attempt to spite ~coastal elites~

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

is jones...nihilist?

baloogan would make more sense but then itd just ask more questsions so whatever same as it ever was

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Also big shout out to whoever was talking about trappist monk beer in this thread the other day because I bought some and the hype was 100% appropriate.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Your honor, I had my routers wifi open with no password

*slams gavel*

INNOCENT!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Salt Fish posted:

Also big shout out to whoever was talking about trappist monk beer in this thread the other day because I bought some and the hype was 100% appropriate.

i prefer witchhouse monk beer

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Lastgirl posted:

gotta give him chops for trying to not laugh and ruin his scam

he knows the truth. tin foil hasnt stopped the brain waves from getting in since the 70s when they stopped making it out of real tin. theyre just for show noawadays.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Solarin posted:

trump is going to start a new trend called Rolling LDL where people destroy their bodies in an attempt to spite ~coastal elites~

they were already doing this which is why healthcare so is loving expensive for rurals

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

STAC Goat posted:

You just made me realize how funny it would be to see Trump jogging with secret service.

Trump's maximum speed is fearful to behold.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

is jones...nihilist?

capitalist

you know the good ones that are somehow not globalists

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Gringostar posted:

they were already doing this which is why healthcare so is loving expensive for rurals

a real man eats MEAT and drinks HARD LIQUOR, NOTHING ELSE lmao salads!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/846839594674982912

AMERICA BEATEN AGAIN :sad:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Lastgirl posted:

baloogan would make more sense but then itd just ask more questsions so whatever same as it ever was

i'm getting from your post that alex jones is the same as he has always been, a scamming shitheel, and so it doesn't really matter if he is a self aware scammer or not

:agreed: :guinness:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I love chicken salads

I have one every work day . Use spinach as a green

I know kale is morally better.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Your honor, I had my routers wifi open with no password

*slams gavel*

INNOCENT!

lol this may be worth doing if true anonymity is absolutely impossible and that's something you desire

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Gringostar posted:

god drat it feels good to be a coastal

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Behold: the most morally perfect food !!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

i'm getting from your post that alex jones is the same as he has always been, a scamming shitheel, and so it doesn't really matter if he is a self aware scammer or not

:agreed: :guinness:

:hai::guinness:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

wifi open and unsecured but router only plugged in when you're using it haha

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

you have no idea how many mexicans died crossing the border to harvest that kale, you monster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

he knows the truth. tin foil hasnt stopped the brain waves from getting in since the 70s when they stopped making it out of real tin. theyre just for show noawadays.

yeah, like how a rag soaked in piss doesnt block out the chemtrails anymore

what you need is a bedsheet soaked in russian hooker piss, but who would know where i could get one of those..........

• Locked thread