Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deport The Irish
Nov 25, 2013

D.N. Nation posted:

I'm unable to find it now, but one of the first – if not the first – cartoons Rall drew after 9/11 was about how writing letters to politicians was less effective as a change mechanism than flying planes into the WTC.

Well, yeah.

Here's other things that have less political impact than 9/11:
1) Literally anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Does anyone have the original I looooove death comic?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on May's meeting with Sturgeon – Prime minister holds talks with the Scottish first minister for the first time since Sturgeon demanded a second independence vote in the wake of the EU referendum"; Labour to oppose 'Henry VIII powers' being used to rewrite EU laws

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Opposition leader Alexei Navalny detained amid protests across Russia

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Awww. :( I could have sworn it was two democrats talking about abortions. Thank you!

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Awww. :( I could have sworn it was two democrats talking about abortions. Thank you!

Wolverton is a strong leftist and loving hated Bush. No way he'd make a comic decrying abortion.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
AHCA is truly the Fart of the Deal.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Closest to that I can think of is the immortal "Plan 'B' sounds so LIBERATING!" which I believe was an Asay but also it was schoolgirls.

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

Don't miss the blurb at the bottom of the book, that's gold.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Closest to that I can think of is the immortal "Plan 'B' sounds so LIBERATING!" which I believe was an Asay but also it was schoolgirls.

That was Brian Fairrington.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Ah, Fairrington, the guy who appeared to be physiologically incapable of drawing any other face than the Fairrington Face™

e- see also: Gorrell (on the odd day he bothers to draw anything), Kelley (YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!), a bunch of other hacks probably

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Didn't see this posted yet.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Didn't see this posted yet.

Wait, is that a real current event? I can understand it from a bee-population standpoint, but what are you supposed to do if a hive gets built in your garage?

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Call a beekeeper to relocate it.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

loquacius posted:

Wait, is that a real current event? I can understand it from a bee-population standpoint, but what are you supposed to do if a hive gets built in your garage?

you do whatever you would ordinary do, its not like the govt will actually know you killed them or whatever

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

MechaCrash posted:

Call a beekeeper to relocate it.

Sometimes you can get a finder's fee for it.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Vib Rib posted:

I could swear I recently saw a PRO-Trump comic with the same imagery, a Democrat/Donkey holding up a stop sign and getting run over. The gist of the comic was "good".

Lisa I think.Shocked DUMBOcrats with "Stop" signs at a checkpoint and Trump blasting through with "Trump agenda" on the back. God Lisa is so dumb.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I'm a little meh on the Art of the Deal riffs cartoonists keep making. Yea replace deal with fail or whatever, but I think the juxtaposition of Art of the Deal next to news of Trump failing to make a deal funny enough if not more.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

loquacius posted:

In first world countries there are usually a variety of organizations that relocate endangered animals and/or tax breaks for having stuff that endangered animals need to live on your property.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

loquacius posted:

The rusty patched bumblebee is found only in the eastern US, tends to nest in old rodent burrows in relatively small colonies, and is a primary pollinator of several important food crops.
Exhale.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Please be nice to bees, they are usually harmless and cute and important to the ecosystem

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

loquacius posted:

Call a beekeeper, get some bucks as he buys the hive from you.

Bees are valuable.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

loquacius posted:

People have mentioned relocating, but for a good laugh check out the actual equipment used by beekeepers to relocate hives. Yes, it's just a somewhat specialized shop-vac. Dude in a beeproof suit literally just vacuums up the hive and takes the hive (with their queen, drones, etc) to their new home. Any workers outside the colony when it is vacuumed for relocation are doomed, but bee colonies are designed to be able to lose some workers without much issue.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Improbable Lobster posted:

Please be nice to bees, they are usually harmless and cute and important to the ecosystem
For reals, look at this little guy :3: :

The fact that there are people who would unironically agree with that Kelly makes me sad. :(

e: Now wasps, gently caress wasps forever.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Titus Sardonicus posted:

True.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Lord Hydronium posted:

For reals, look at this little guy :3: :

The fact that there are people who would unironically agree with that Kelly makes me sad. :(

e: Now wasps, gently caress wasps forever.

Wasps are also important to the ecosystem and make good friends
http://www.kellscraft.com/Wasps/waspcontent.html

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

hmm, don't care

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

mandatory lesbian posted:

hmm, don't care

So what you're saying is that despite their obvious benefit, you want them gone because you dislike them on a visceral, gut level?

:smug: Welcome to the republican party.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

hmm, don't care

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Actually wasps are assholes because all the other animals made fun of their waists.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

So what you're saying is that despite their obvious benefit, you want them gone because you dislike them on a visceral, gut level?

:smug: Welcome to the republican party.

i wandered into a yellow jackets nest as a kid and so my supervillain orgin story was made

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Bees are friends, not food.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

gently caress wasps though.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

hmm, don't care

Welcome to the Republican Party

edit: gently caress

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

i wandered into a yellow jackets nest as a kid and so my supervillain orgin story was made

Better than most 90's-era characters, tbh.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Wistful of Dollars posted:

gently caress wasps though.

don't bother, they aren't that good in bed

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

gently caress wasps, they're dicks

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

What about those hand-sized wasps in Japan that inject you with a poison that melts your flesh and drives nearby wasps into a flesh melting acid stinging frenzy, those seem to fill a useful niche in nature

edit gah

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Mar 29, 2017

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

D.N. Nation posted:

I'm unable to find it now, but one of the first – if not the first – cartoons Rall drew after 9/11 was about how writing letters to politicians was less effective as a change mechanism than flying planes into the WTC.

Well I mean... he's not wrong. There was way more change in the fear-and-hate direction they wanted from those two planes than from every letter written since combined.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Gettin ready to derail the thread again with another unpopular opinion: I would rather have a wasp in the room than a spider of equivalent size, that's right I said it :smug:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Alright, you leave me no choice.

School backpacks.

I hope you're all happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

I too hate White Anglo-Saxxon Protestants.
I'm looking forward to Garrisons antisemitic tirade over the failure to repeal Ohbaumerkair.

• Locked thread