Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Big Bad Beetleborg posted:

Extreme Restraints advertising still paying dividends long after they stopped.

Those were the best. I wonder how many takes it took for them to not giggle at some of the subject matter. The one when Sydnee was on the show where she audibly gasped at Justin saying he bought her a buttplug was one of the best moments because you can tell it genuinely caught her off guard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

I just got to the Trends Like These episode about David Cameron putting his penis in a pig and I had to skip it because of their dumb and wrong opinions.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
the femfreq tweets trying to explain that krystal is like, a stupid horny furrybait non-character as if everyone in the world doesn't already know that is really funny

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I don't think I've ever seen any non-McElroy related polygon content

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yYp8ZeQ-I8

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm subscribed to their channel and those commentary-free gameplay videos seems to be the majority of non-McElroy content. Although this video is technically not McElroy related (unless Nick really is the 4th brother) but is pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upI_BdpH1Z0

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Tears In A Vial posted:

I just got to the Trends Like These episode about David Cameron putting his penis in a pig and I had to skip it because of their dumb and wrong opinions.

Wait, what dumb and wrong opinions would they even have about that subject matter?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fydwo1Hcg-k

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I like the SEO play where they talk about if the new final fantasy was gay.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Asiina posted:

I'm subscribed to their channel and those commentary-free gameplay videos seems to be the majority of non-McElroy content.

That's a real special one though.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I won't let this be left behind!

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'm not sure what version of that he's playing, but the one I played had complete videos of all the acting. Not having "want some rye?" guy's complete performance is a real bummer.

Did he imply at the end that he was going to play more Zork, or was it more that he'd do other FMV games? Because boy that game has some great stuff.

I have fond memories of that game scaring the complete hell out of me; I'm pretty sure I dumped the mice in the river, the game brought up text saying "you're gonna get it now" and then that detective took my stuff. It made me feel like I'd actually done a crime.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

thexerox123 posted:

Wait, what dumb and wrong opinions would they even have about that subject matter?

That it wasn't a big deal and stuff happens when you're in college.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Was the controller in their mouth? Did they think the floor was the bad guy?

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Pigbuster posted:

I'm not sure what version of that he's playing, but the one I played had complete videos of all the acting. Not having "want some rye?" guy's complete performance is a real bummer.

Did he imply at the end that he was going to play more Zork, or was it more that he'd do other FMV games? Because boy that game has some great stuff.

I have fond memories of that game scaring the complete hell out of me; I'm pretty sure I dumped the mice in the river, the game brought up text saying "you're gonna get it now" and then that detective took my stuff. It made me feel like I'd actually done a crime.

Me and my brothers played it all the time when we go to our grandpa's house after we discovered it on his mac. Never got past the forest maze, but that 'want some rye' guy is still an in joke between us

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

sticklefifer posted:

Those were the best. I wonder how many takes it took for them to not giggle at some of the subject matter. The one when Sydnee was on the show where she audibly gasped at Justin saying he bought her a buttplug was one of the best moments because you can tell it genuinely caught her off guard.

I don't know if it was the same one, but I really liked the one where Justin and Sydnee were having a converstion about how much they both like it when she puts his penis into a cage. What really made it great was that you could hear Travis and Griffin failing to stifle their laughter in the background.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

PostNouveau posted:

Listened to like 30 minutes of TAZ Nights 2, and Travis sucks at DMing. He's not even doing voices. "Here's the mission you gotta go on and here's a bunch of maps the audience can't see."

You're underestimating how much a one-shot limits a DM's design space. Travis went with the classic choice of a dungeon crawl, and if it has more then three or four rooms, it's going to be incomprehensible to the players without a map. No, it's not ideal for a radio show, but Travis hit a good balance of action and plot in TAZ Nights 2 considering his limitations. Keep in mind that by the time Griffin ran the live shows, he had been DMing for roughly two years already.

Also, most DMs don't do voices because most DMs are not Griffin McElroy or Matt Mercer.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

let Nick tweet about his furry opinions freely

https://twitter.com/Babylonian/status/841030285898596352

https://twitter.com/Babylonian/status/840098806339256321

https://twitter.com/Babylonian/status/802651725718908928

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
where's the lie

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Course you do!

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I remember feeling pretty proud of myself figuring out the plant toast thing when I was little

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/everydaylouie/status/846899393609420800

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

I just met Tristan (the Marine). He's a cool dude.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
i personally care very deeply about nick's boners

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

this is so loving good

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

I can't believe Justin killed mayor steve williams with a knife

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

ImPureAwesome posted:

Me and my brothers played it all the time when we go to our grandpa's house after we discovered it on his mac. Never got past the forest maze, but that 'want some rye' guy is still an in joke between us

In case you're curious, the solution is to release some bats in the forest and follow the trail of guano they leave behind. You also need to pick up some of the guano for a separate puzzle.

I do not remember where you get the bats.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I went to a MaxFun meetup tonight and it wasn't even that weird.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Pigbuster posted:

In case you're curious, the solution is to release some bats in the forest and follow the trail of guano they leave behind. You also need to pick up some of the guano for a separate puzzle.

I do not remember where you get the bats.

Oh of course, why did we never think of that. 10 year old me thanks you though

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Ariong posted:

I don't know if it was the same one, but I really liked the one where Justin and Sydnee were having a converstion about how much they both like it when she puts his penis into a cage. What really made it great was that you could hear Travis and Griffin failing to stifle their laughter in the background.

Probably the same one. It was the live show with the really lovely blown out audio, so for the Money Zone they recorded segments at Justin's house.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I finally tried listening to the Switcharoo episode and I wish I could say it was like, relentlessly unfunny or something. But it wasn't. I just found it super bland and stopped half way through because I realized I wasn't even paying attention.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I am resting at home after laser eye surgery and have powered through seven straight mbmbam eps so far :getin:

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Speaking of switcharoo, I'm listening to the bonus ep of Still Buffering and they're answering a question that's almost identical to the winky face question from MBMBaM this week and Sydnee tells the exact same story that Justin tells. It's kind of cool to see almost the same question spun off in different ways by two sets of people and the Smirls are pretty hilarious in their own right.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Any way to get an avatar size gif of pinskidan rubbing his chin an calling to cromslor? Pref including my boy cromslors head shake?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Any way to get an avatar size gif of pinskidan rubbing his chin an calling to cromslor? Pref including my boy cromslors head shake?

Only if you promise to make the text "and the DICK?"

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Deal

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

iajanus posted:

I am resting at home after laser eye surgery and have powered through seven straight mbmbam eps so far :getin:

CohgrqtuIatlcns!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Only if you promise to make the text "and the DICK?"

I wanted to do this, but with the zoom-in of his face and the light going across his glasses.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

sticklefifer posted:

Probably the same one. It was the live show with the really lovely blown out audio, so for the Money Zone they recorded segments at Justin's house.

which was this

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

. .

Made a few because why not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

kidcoelacanth posted:

Made a few because why not