Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

0% success chance is a display bug that you only see after you send a team on a mission. The actual chance is still whatever was listed when you sent them on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
Pc Origin is ChickenWyngz :)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Well I've got a "fun" Strike Team bug. It's not going away either. Whenever I go to Results, the Results screen stays up forever and I can't recruit a new strike team or do anything except send them on another mission (and since the Results screen is up still, I can only see what difficulty level it is and not much else). When they finish that mission... the Results screen gets stuck yet again. Saving and reloading doesn't fix it.

Well, at least I can still send them on missions... good thing I already bought the Juggernaut Shield and the Thermal Clip thing.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
After I complained about crashing the other day the game has been solid for me ever since. On my krogan vanguard I've been animation locked once and my melee attack completely stopped working another time, but those bugs go away when you die and get revived.

Only complaints I have about mp now is that pretty much all the guns and powers are poo poo compared to melee attacks and observers can go gently caress themselves. Oh and extra character card levels giving you skill points is loving retarded.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Everyone keeps saying guns are bad compared to melee but it is a lot easier to aim a Talon than to get more than one melee attack to connect :colbert:

Bryne
Feb 13, 2008

The Treachery of Forums

precision posted:

Everyone keeps saying guns are bad compared to melee but it is a lot easier to aim a Talon than to get more than one melee attack to connect :colbert:

You can get better at aiming a punch, but you can't make the bullets hit harder

but yeah, as a lot of people have said, the melee in this game desperately needs a lock-on like ME3, it's dumb and not fun

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
It's loads of fun

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I know bronze is low tier, but why is the xp payout so lovely? I can barely level anything there and I don't want to run a level bullshit baby in higher poo poo when I barely have any points and have to rely solely on the vanquisher

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Trying to melee something on a ramp or stairs is the most frustrating thing in the game.

Guns might be easier to aim, but in the time it takes to kill one dude with a talon you could have probably killed four with headbutts.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
You are unhittable meleeing other melee enemies from a lower position on stairs

In bronze you earn enough xp to level up every round, when it takes more than one you're ok to deal with silver

also you have a vanquisher just go do fukken gold runs

babies everywhere

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

hup posted:

I know bronze is low tier, but why is the xp payout so lovely? I can barely level anything there and I don't want to run a level bullshit baby in higher poo poo when I barely have any points and have to rely solely on the vanquisher

The worse part is about how goddamn boring bronze is. Like the first 4 rounds are just sprinting around the map looking for anything to shoot.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I'm really starting to enjoy my Krogan Merc. I just methodically walk around gunning things down with a Revenant, lobbing flak blasts, and lighting things on fire. I'm a bright pink Krogan Terminator.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah Gold is not much harder than Silver honestly, at least if you stick to Outlaws. If you have a Vanquisher you can do fine on Gold.

Like I used to tell people with ME3MP, if you can just manage to stay alive and occasionally do some damage, congratulations, you're already more useful than half the level 20 pubbies I've seen fail at Gold. With the way enemy aggro works now, the increased mobility, and the fact that every map has a good sniper position, you can be level 1 and still be an asset with the Vanquisher because that gun is straight up busted and will probably get nerfed into the ground soon. I mean can you imagine what a Vanquisher X would be like? :allbuttons:

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
I don't really feel like the Vanquisher is any stronger than other sniper rifles from ME3. You kill mooks with a single headshot, which is great, but that's what sniper rifles are supposed to do.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
So how do you spec your multiplayer guy to be "good" at melee? Do you have to go a certain class, or whatever it is, get the juggernaut shield and be a krogran? Are there melee specific weapons out there other than the generic starting one?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

hup posted:

It's not much better on the higher difficulties honestly. By level 9 or so, one level requires more experience than one silver will give you, and that happens around level 13 for gold. The experience boosters do make a big difference, but the rate you get those will slow down dramatically once you're done grabbing the commons.

Play with goons so you can move up to the higher difficulties sooner though. With a couple people who got some of the guns that do any damage, they aren't so bad, and you will get vastly more money.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

So how do you spec your multiplayer guy to be "good" at melee? Do you have to go a certain class, or whatever it is, get the juggernaut shield and be a krogran? Are there melee specific weapons out there other than the generic starting one?

Specific classes. The Krogans and the Vanguards are good at it. A melee mod on your pistol or shotgun helps.

The Human Vanguard, Asari Duelist and Asari Adept have the Barrier passive, which at Rank 5, gives you 20% of your shields back on each melee hit, which is important to staying alive. Krogan's Rage passive, at Rank 5, lets you regen your health back to full so long as you have shields up, which works really well with the Krogan Vanguard.

Digirat posted:

It's not much better on the higher difficulties honestly. By level 9 or so, one level requires more experience than one silver will give you, and that happens around level 13 for gold. The experience boosters do make a big difference, but the rate you get those will slow down dramatically once you're done grabbing the commons.

Play with goons so you can move up to the higher difficulties sooner though. With a couple people who got some of the guns that do any damage, they aren't so bad, and you will get vastly more money.

XP doesn't matter as much to me as credits does. You're probably stuck doing Bronze for a while so you can max out your basic packs and commons, and then silver for a little while to upgrade uncommons. A Rank X character at level 1 can be pretty effective at Silver, even if you're just using a Carnifex or a Raptor.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do I want Radius or Damage on Charge rank 4?

I figure the damage sucks so splitting it among enemies is a bit better?

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

We made a good team

we also had some motivational music playing over voice chat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA_-6v1EzYE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEUaE2pUR_U

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
2 gold mission successes on my high level teams with 33% and 25 % chance to succeeded respectively.

When the luck comes crashing down its gonna hurt.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Aphrodite posted:

Do I want Radius or Damage on Charge rank 4?

I figure the damage sucks so splitting it among enemies is a bit better?

Radius. You'll be doing most of your damage with melee attacks anyway. Charge is just a tool to teleport to enemies imo.

chesnok
Nov 14, 2014
I wish Bioware would just tweak the numbers in MP balance. They've made all those cool ray/laser/plasma guns with single shot, burst fire and other gimmicks, but none of them are usable right now because they all can't kill jack poo poo.
Playing every single drop as a team of two punching vanguards and two Vanquisher-toting infiltrators/soldiers gets old really fast, and you can't even do anything about it, unlike muting stupid pubbies with hot mics and kicking lvl1 apex rating 23 retards from gold lobbies.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The recoil on the incisor is retarded, its such a worthless gun.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
Annihilation on the Asari Adept feels so over powered. I saw someone post to get the shield evolution but the auto lift ensure the dog things don't eat you. I love auto lift. Currently using a talon but I miss my claymore er I mean Ruzard.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Incisor's mad underrated, it's 100% gold viable and a solid option. Just pull down sharply when you shoot and you can put all three rounds on the same enemy, getting 1-3 headshots depending on how it works out. With this game's weird-rear end crit hitboxes I have a much easier time just blasting at the general crit area and getting crits on some of the shots rather than carefully aiming my widow, nailing a fucker right in the head, and having it count as a bodyshot. This was with an incisor V.

(really weird bug with the names/classes too. they were a human adept, human infiltrator and krogan engineer)

Two of these other players were using the vanquisher so this gun had to be doing something right to top them. With turbocharge specced for stability you can even massively cut the recoil and put out some awesome damage as the mag size grows to well over 30. I'm sure there's plenty of rares and ultra rares that are better than the incisor because that's how this game is balanced, but if you're using stuff around the uncommon level, do not turn your nose up at this thing.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

precision posted:

Just be happy theres isn't any Asari katanas with the lovely attack animation.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I feel like some of the rare/ultra rare stuff is kinda badly outclassed by common/uncommon, especially characters. My human vanguard X out DPSes my Asari Duelist by quite a bit. Guns are a mess all around, but id almost say to save your moneys till you get a good one and then start on silver and doing common packs and never look back again. I lucked out with the scorpion and grenade launcher AR but a charger X will probably come first for most and itll do. I still use one on almost every class.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Is it possible for an adept to just run around and combo blasts things to death or do mobs they get too much hp?

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Digirat posted:

Incisor's mad underrated, it's 100% gold viable and a solid option. Just pull down sharply when you shoot and you can put all three rounds on the same enemy, getting 1-3 headshots depending on how it works out. With this game's weird-rear end crit hitboxes I have a much easier time just blasting at the general crit area and getting crits on some of the shots rather than carefully aiming my widow, nailing a fucker right in the head, and having it count as a bodyshot. This was with an incisor V.

(really weird bug with the names/classes too. they were a human adept, human infiltrator and krogan engineer)

Two of these other players were using the vanquisher so this gun had to be doing something right to top them. With turbocharge specced for stability you can even massively cut the recoil and put out some awesome damage as the mag size grows to well over 30. I'm sure there's plenty of rares and ultra rares that are better than the incisor because that's how this game is balanced, but if you're using stuff around the uncommon level, do not turn your nose up at this thing.

Hm, I gotta try it out.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Tenzarin posted:

Is it possible for an adept to just run around and combo blasts things to death or do mobs they get too much hp?

Asari Adept does this and it absolutely can work especially once you get the Radius upgrade on Annihilation. On Gold you have to be very careful to stay on the edge of the mobswarm though, You Are Not A Krogan.

e: the Incisor was insanely underrated in ME3MP too, the cycle continues :shepicide:

e2: something interesting I noticed earlier, the Bonus Stats aren't per-class, they're weird. The Krogan Engineer's bonus stat is not the same as other Engineers. The Human Kineticist has the Soldier bonus stat. Etc. It's very weird.

precision fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Mar 29, 2017

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Why haven't my apex guys gotten negative traits, I keep them sending them on gold stuff and win or lose they don't get bad traits. :psyduck:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
My APEX team has 4 positive traits and no negatives. I am so good at middle management.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Kaysette posted:

My SP save always freezes after getting through a certain cutscene so now I can only play MP.
I had this happen and fixed it by loading an autosave one prior and redoing both sections, which were pure dialog and about 2 minutes long.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

precision posted:

e2: something interesting I noticed earlier, the Bonus Stats aren't per-class, they're weird. The Krogan Engineer's bonus stat is not the same as other Engineers. The Human Kineticist has the Soldier bonus stat. Etc. It's very weird.

The bonus stats are just specific bonus stats that various classes contribute to. It's not the Diablo 3 paragon system.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

You generally want a class that can stagger or crowd control enemies and is quite resilient (not that you should face tank on gold, but you need to be able to take the odd hit). Having a gap closer is also handy, but all characters are so mobile now it's not 100% necessary.

Human Vanguard is ideal, it has all those things in one neat package. Just trait for melee damage, equip a melee enhancing weapon, charge at things and punch them in their stupid face. I screamed my way around gold matches just fine before I got the juggernaut shield, it's perfectly viable without it.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

ShadowHawk posted:

I had this happen and fixed it by loading an autosave one prior and redoing both sections, which were pure dialog and about 2 minutes long.

Thanks. I managed to get around it by playing through the cutscene without being connected to the Internet. Props to the goon who advised that.

Unlocked the Asari Adept last night, really looking forward to pumping more points into her. She's squishy af after playing my vanguard to 10/V.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Atari Adept gets better with rank 5 (20% more damage) and 6 (30% shield) Annihilation Field. You're still glassy, but enemies shoot you less and you have more shields to take it.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Alteisen posted:

Why haven't my apex guys gotten negative traits, I keep them sending them on gold stuff and win or lose they don't get bad traits. :psyduck:

My Lima team has a positive Remnant Specualist and a negative Remnant Hysteria trait. They somehow completed every Remnant missiin I've sent them on since hitting level 10. I just imsgine the whole squad screaming in terror, but still headshotting everything in sight.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

ohrwurm posted:

We made a good team

we also had some motivational music playing over voice chat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA_-6v1EzYE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEUaE2pUR_U

Turtle squad! Also amazing gold runs last night! It was like a full extraction marathon on outlaw/sandstorm/gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009
Unlocked the duelist last night drat that is some fun poo poo teleporting around the map.

Was able to solo a silver wave 6 hack when the pubbies wiped across the map from the hack point. Took forever and a day but was worth it.

• Locked thread