Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rawr im a tree
Jul 4, 2008

stop posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TheAgent posted:

tbf what haven't you written about derek

True. I do this all for posterity. :D

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

D_Smart posted:

True. I do this all for posterity. :D

I'm glad you have a fanbase to archive all your writing and links.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
So SQ42 is going to be the main quest line in the PU? I can't wait until they announce that officially. I will laugh my rear end off.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Does this... guarantee legal action?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Ayn Marx posted:

Does this... guarantee legal action?

GET YOUR HOT LEGAL PVP ACTION RIGHT HERE FOLKS!

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/8R6dmZp.gifv

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

HycoCam posted:

Right click on the image. Select "Copy image address". Paste and :justpost:

Thanks HycoCam. I was on mobile so I didn't see a way to copy the address. Now I know!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sandi talking about jerk.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
"3rd order positional control math equation" is what the guy told her he was working on while he was browsing glass door reviews.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

ManofManyAliases posted:

Nah. If you recall from the old thread, I used to defend CIG's position while also acknowledging some well-laid-out points here, but after a bunch of posturing, insults and whatnot, decided to just let it ride. Right now, I'm just playing the waiting game until the game is released. CIG went quiet a while ago in that they are not as vocal about development as they used to be. When they were, the received criticism and ridicule all the time, which was likely counterproductive to their daily work. I think they're just working hard and quietly to produce their game and will shut the naysayers down once released. Good on them.

This is a disappointing wet noodle reply. Sort of expected it. :shrug:

I'm not going to jump another goon or person and tell them their opinion is wrong, I'd just still like to know when you believe Chris Roberts and when you don't. This seems to be the critical part here.

Everybody believes him, until it's found he lied or was totally wrong, then he was just joking/misunderstood/etc. So at this point, for things he says today, when do you believe him and when is it a lie; before it's proven that he lied?

How many lies will it take before it becomes "maybe this guy doesn't really know what he's doing..." territory? How many lies do you tolerate from international corporations before you tend to not believe them?

How many times would you believe Microsoft if they said: "In two weeks we release Windows 17, which is basically the Matrix!" And you buy a pre order, and even have the opportunity to pay a subscription to get Office Virtual 17, but it's not released yet, but you pay anyhow for the cool development updates.

And two weeks rolls around and they delay it, and keep delaying for two or three years before they tell you there really is no release date any more since their creativity is being stifled, and along the way they release something like Windows 98, and it's not at all like the Matrix.

All this time though, people keep pre ordering, and keep paying for that Office subscription, and keep getting YouTube updates that appear to be going backwards, and Windows 98 is still Windows 98. The Matrix seems like a long way off, but Microsoft still pushes it in your face, has events, tells people it's awesome and almost done...

When do you stop believing?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

This is fine.

This is Commander David Poole, I'm entering the Monolith now. My God, it's full of dreams.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Threats

Children

Wife

Mental Condition

https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/813061572448894976

Physical Condition

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Samizdata posted:

Well, as a native English speaker also, I disagree. I call a shark a "sea mango". I call a seal a "sea mango". I call a sea mango a "shark seal".

Sounds like you're from Detroit or something.

Although I like the sea, and I like mangos. I hope it's yummy.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Chalks posted:

How much do you need to live under a rock in the US in order to have never heard of Top Gear?

I've never heard of Top Gear. Although I also don't much care about cars except that they go and start and hopefully look pretty. Outside of that, zilch really. If I can fix something it's because Google is smart and somebody did it on YouTube.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

OH GOD KELLY'S COUSIN IS HERE TALKING TO ME ABOUT STAR CITIZEN AND GOONS AND REFUNDS I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG I CAN KEEP THIS UP HELP

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

So, Turbulent is working on the patcher? I guess that could work, but I kind of assumed the development studio that's actually making the game would handle that kind of thing, and not the contractor handling their website. You know, unless the development studio is somehow incompetent.

That honestly just seems to make things more complicated. Baffling.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

The Titanic posted:

I've never heard of Top Gear. Although I also don't much care about cars except that they go and start and hopefully look pretty. Outside of that, zilch really. If I can fix something it's because Google is smart and somebody did it on YouTube.

Top Gear was really a comedy sketch show in the guise of a serious automobile review program. They're now "The Grand Tour" on Amazon, which CIG has cribbed their ship sales presentation videos from.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sappo569 posted:

My favorite part was when they decided to just completely purge the customer support tickets , including all refund requests

This was during the Beergate scandal. No better way to remove evidence of your top executives being kinda dirty than to delete the whole thing. Must have learned this trick from Democrats.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beet Wagon posted:

OH GOD KELLY'S COUSIN IS HERE TALKING TO ME ABOUT STAR CITIZEN AND GOONS AND REFUNDS I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG I CAN KEEP THIS UP HELP

How much is he in for?

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

Just show him your nifty blue star. Should keep you from having to host him again.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Thoatse posted:

speculum enterprise

When I see this face smiling up at me from the foot of the gynecologists chair, I know my junk is in good hands that are fast enough to take immediate action.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

The Titanic posted:

When I see this face smiling up at me from the foot of the gynecologists chair, I know my junk is in good hands that are fast enough to take immediate action.

With hands that wavy you know there's nothing too dextrous for him to handle

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

The Titanic posted:

I don't even understand what's happening anymore. Spectrum isn't a small company. I think it's basically Time/Warner bought and rebranded. It's one of the top five cable companies in the US if I'm not mistaken. And this was an advertisement for Spectrum, not CiG. How the hell has Croberts weaseled his way into being an endorsement for such a large company. It boggles my loving mind.

Also, what does "15-25 builds a day" even mean?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

XK posted:

So, Turbulent is working on the patcher? I guess that could work, but I kind of assumed the development studio that's actually making the game would handle that kind of thing, and not the contractor handling their website. You know, unless the development studio is somehow incompetent.

That honestly just seems to make things more complicated. Baffling.

Well, friend, how many 3D modelers do you think have the knowledge to build a patcher even with a tutorial to follow? Because outside of 3D modeling, CIG is running a bit scarce on actual programming talent.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Beet Wagon posted:

Please slowly troll them. For me?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

XK posted:

Top Gear was really a comedy sketch show in the guise of a serious automobile review program. They're now "The Grand Tour" on Amazon, which CIG has cribbed their ship sales presentation videos from.

That sounds kind of funny then. I could get behind a comedy sketch about cars. Though I'm also not entirely sure how it'd go, but judging from British humor it'd be kind of funny but not quite hit the mark. Not to say that there haven't been absolutely genius funny British stuff, it's not usually centered around making cars funny. But thank you for the explanation, I appreciate it! :)

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Beet Wagon posted:

I'd break it to him gently that you have been trolling the internet acting like you are Derek Smart since July of 2015.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Jason Sextro posted:

With hands that wavy you know there's nothing too dextrous for him to handle

I just hand him the cake knife and say, "Have at it, Chairman! I believe in you!" And, fueled by nothing more than my belief and hopes and dreams, I am taken care of like never before, and I am never the same again! :allears:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

HairyManling posted:

It means they have no organised structure behind implementation and testing across their teams.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

Tell them that you and Derek share a bond over the success of Star Citizen. Let them know you moderate a forum on a little known comedy website dedicated to nothing but talking about what CIG is up to.

Make it all sound like you are a huge supporter, then ask as you look them square in the eye:

How much are you in for, commando?

Sharing a Bond... cat:

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Mar 29, 2017

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

HairyManling posted:

The first 14-24 builds failed to compile so another had to be done in hopes they could at least get that far.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Star Citizen community is best community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmTluF4T4eg

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Space Crabs posted:

A new TheAgent leak:

Neat, I had one of those in EVE. Minmatar4Lyfe

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

HycoCam posted:

I'd break it to him gently that you have been trolling the internet acting like you are Derek Smart since July of 2015.

Then layer on the fact you are also an Agent alt.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Colostomy Bag posted:

Then layer on the fact you are also an Agent alt.
Couldn't hurt to break out Elite Dangerous show him what game mechanics are.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Tell them that you and Derek share a bond over the success of Star Citizen. Let them know you moderate a forum on a little known comedy website dedicated to nothing but talking about what CIG is up to.

Make it all sound like you are a huge supporter, then ask as you look them square in the eye:

How much are you in for, commando?

Sharing a Bond... cat:

loving BOOM!

:perfect:

But don't forget to add that he is also a mod/creator for Star_Citizen_Refunds on Reddit as well.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Break out the bunny outfit with a crossbow and tell him you've seen poo poo as you give the 1,000 yard stare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Position is zero-order, 3rd order is jerk like me because I love when people don't understand poo poo and broadcast whooshing sounds on twitter