Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Huh, yeah, just surprising I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

These jackets are seriously throwing me off. None of you fuckers are orange rangers, stick to the colours you were assigned!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Looks like the twitch stream is playing a bunch of the user generated clips now.

Which would have been nice earlier, instead of watching that annoying little girl say boys are grossss.

Can't get enough of Billy getting owned by the snek tho.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Aww, did I miss the Best of Bulk and Skull?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

FilthyImp posted:

Looks like the twitch stream is playing a bunch of the user generated clips now.

Which would have been nice earlier, instead of watching that annoying little girl say boys are grossss.

Can't get enough of Billy getting owned by the snek tho.

They started doing that around Zeo though :confused:

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Did they play Alpha's Magical Christmas or Lord Zedd's Monster Heads? They finished on the Tommy karate video.

I managed to get through with only one ban through that whole thing.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

What are the other secret best power ranger series I've never heard people talk about before? I'm curious to see if any of them can top SPD for me.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Junpei Hyde posted:

What are the other secret best power ranger series I've never heard people talk about before? I'm curious to see if any of them can top SPD for me.

RPM (Get in Gear)

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Sockser posted:

RPM (Get in Gear)

I've seen half of it, it's very good.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Junpei Hyde posted:

In Space
Lost Galaxy
Lightspeed Rescue
Time Force
Ninja Storm (Less because of the story, more because of the characters)
RPM

All good good good.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

SpazmasterX posted:

In Space
Lost Galaxy
Lightspeed Rescue
Time Force
Ninja Storm (Less because of the story, more because of the characters)
RPM

All good good good.

Ninja Storm is my second favourite (Lightspeed might be surpassing it tho)

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I hadn't seen NinjaStorm myself before this marathon and that season is downright hilarious. It'slike 5 layers of cheese stacked on top of eachother.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Sockser posted:

RPM (Get in Gear)

This was the biggest surprise for me. I knew they mocked the silliness of the source material and franchise (the googlyeyed zords, random explosions), but everything else was surprisingly entertaining. The bad guy is Skynet and one of the rangers is Wolverine and it all takes place in Mad Max's wasteland, complete with a black on black supercharged musclecar.

This is better than power rangers deserves frankly. They need to threaten to kill the franchise more often.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
And Action is one of my favorite episodes.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Jungle Fury

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Craptacular! posted:

Did they play Alpha's Magical Christmas or Lord Zedd's Monster Heads? They finished on the Tommy karate video.

I managed to get through with only one ban through that whole thing.
Monster Heads was last night. Got a few wonderful clips out of that before I called it a night.

I didn't see the Alpha Christmas special, but I was Tommy AFK for a few.

I got some of those restricted from posting for 10 minutes sanctions against me. Who knew THIQQ and Autist were Twitch Trigger words. ???

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/power-rangers-jason-david-fank-green-ranger-female-interview-989104

Haha, Tommy got kicked out of the movie for trying to film the crowd reacting to his cameo.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

quote:

No matter what Haim Saban does, people are going to love it. He would not allow something that fans will not like

this isn't so bad in-context but it still made me lol thinking about samurai and megaforce

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He helped Saban become a billionaire and Saban helped him become a hundred thousandaire, he's a loyal company man.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Brother Entropy posted:

this isn't so bad in-context but it still made me lol thinking about samurai and megaforce

There is what he said while on the set of that:

https://www.facebook.com/ForTheLoveOfRangers/posts/463438013777804

quote:

This guy is the MAN behind PR for years well not when Disney ruined it haha!! Jonathan Tzachor
JDF

Albeit it was about Tzachor.

But that was something considering he was, yanno, in a Disney season that was a big part of why he's still popular.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

FilthyImp posted:

Kelsey was the first and apparently last female Ranger to be in absolutely ridiculous​ shape.

But more than that her personality on screen really sells how much fun her character has.

I will say going Maya to Kelsey was a good reason for me to keep watching Rangers when I started to cool off on it. :3:

Apparently at least one of the Ninja Steel female Rangers is also in pretty drat good shape

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

Apparently at least one of the Ninja Steel female Rangers is also in pretty drat good shape

I mean, wouldn't you kind of have to be?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

I mean, wouldn't you kind of have to be?

Well I didn't mean the usual level of good shape that PR actresses usually are, I meant "Abs You Can Grind Meat On" levels of fitness

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

Well I didn't mean the usual level of good shape that PR actresses usually are, I meant "Abs You Can Grind Meat On" levels of fitness

It's a good look, imo

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Craptacular! posted:

I assume I was timed out for slut shaming and/or inferring women are property.
Turns out there was a 10 emote limit. That and the word "poof" being banned caused mass bans.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Mar 29, 2017

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

It's a good look, imo

Agreed

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Been watching a bunch of the first season on netflix past couple days, in a cold induced bit of madness, it is a good time! Show holds up better than I thought it would, being so fast paced and crazy, it's more fast paced than Super Sentai series generally are, which I've seen more of. I forgot it had that going for it. Also compares more favorably to stuff like Buffy (one of my favs) than I'd figure, this show aged like a fine wine I dare say.

And that music guy Ron was on point! Was nice to have such shredding tunes in grade school. The guy did the X-Men theme song too!

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Is Mighty Morphin Season 1 really that fast paced? It's like 60 episodes long, and I have to assume some of that is filler.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Junpei Hyde posted:

Is Mighty Morphin Season 1 really that fast paced? It's like 60 episodes long, and I have to assume some of that is filler.
In every 18? minute episode roughly 20 plots begin and resolve. On top of that, the show is held together by a franticly paced soundtrack telling you just how hyped you should be at any given moment.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Carter has a very expansive vocabular-OH NO

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Junpei Hyde posted:

MMPR Episode 2.

VO Guy Summary:
Today on Power Rangers, Trini reveals she has a fear of heights. But when she and Billy are ambushed by a team of putties :Billy climbs rocks: "OH NO BILLY, YOU'RE TOO HIGH UP", will Trini be able to conquer her fear in time to save Billy and defeat Rita's newest monster?

Actual ep summary:
[b]After seeing Jason climb a rope at Ernie's Juice Bar, Trini reveals to the other Ranger teens that she is terrified of heights. Bulk and Skull show up and try the rope, only for Bulk to have the ceiling crash down on him. Billy then unveils his latest invention: wrist communicators with which the rangers can contact Zordon and also teleport to the Command Center. On the moon, Rita decides to trap the rangers in a time warp the same way she did Zordon. Squatt and Baboo send a rigged toy rocket to Earth that activates the time warp. Rita has Finster create the zombie-like Bones monster to control the time warp. Zordon sends the teens to defeat a small band of Putties. During the fight, Billy gets chased to the top of a cliff where he drops his morpher, and Trini must face her fears to go up and save him. With the Putty Patrol retreating, the Rangers morph to confront Bones but are sucked into the time warp. Baboo and Squat plant a bomb in the warp to trap the Rangers. Trini destroys Bones' head but Rita sends down a giant knight monster. Jason destroys the monster using the Tyrannosaurus Zord. At Ernie's, Zach surprises Trini, causing her to rapidly climb the rope from the beginning. Roll Credits.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Did the latest Legacy Wars update break the game for anyone else?

Half my matches now have unplayable lag, and the other half get me stuck on a screen like this (which also results in a loss for an added kick in the balls):

It's a pretty cool F2P Power Rangers game, but this isn't giving me much hope the game'll have legs.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Doggles posted:

Did the latest Legacy Wars update break the game for anyone else?

Half my matches now have unplayable lag, and the other half get me stuck on a screen like this (which also results in a loss for an added kick in the balls):

It's a pretty cool F2P Power Rangers game, but this isn't giving me much hope the game'll have legs.

I haven't had any problems yet. I play primarily over LTE instead of wifi. Better connections definitely provide better matches.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

FilthyImp posted:

MMPR Episode 2.

VO Guy Summary:
Today on Power Rangers, Trini reveals she has a fear of heights. But when she and Billy are ambushed by a team of putties :Billy climbs rocks: "OH NO BILLY, YOU'RE TOO HIGH UP", will Trini be able to conquer her fear in time to save Billy and defeat Rita's newest monster?

Actual ep summary:
[b]After seeing Jason climb a rope at Ernie's Juice Bar, Trini reveals to the other Ranger teens that she is terrified of heights. Bulk and Skull show up and try the rope, only for Bulk to have the ceiling crash down on him. Billy then unveils his latest invention: wrist communicators with which the rangers can contact Zordon and also teleport to the Command Center. On the moon, Rita decides to trap the rangers in a time warp the same way she did Zordon. Squatt and Baboo send a rigged toy rocket to Earth that activates the time warp. Rita has Finster create the zombie-like Bones monster to control the time warp. Zordon sends the teens to defeat a small band of Putties. During the fight, Billy gets chased to the top of a cliff where he drops his morpher, and Trini must face her fears to go up and save him. With the Putty Patrol retreating, the Rangers morph to confront Bones but are sucked into the time warp. Baboo and Squat plant a bomb in the warp to trap the Rangers. Trini destroys Bones' head but Rita sends down a giant knight monster. Jason destroys the monster using the Tyrannosaurus Zord. At Ernie's, Zach surprises Trini, causing her to rapidly climb the rope from the beginning. Roll Credits.

Also, this happened.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I loving love MMPR season 1.

It's a shockingly very average toku series, which I mean with all the highest praise I can muster because it should have been a disaster.

The Green Ranger storylines are the series at its strongest because they're the most Super Hero stuff in the whole thing.

That's a huge difference between MMPR and Zyuranger- ZyuRanger is fantasy knight stuff with robots and lazers. MMPR is straight up super hero stuff

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

Ninja Storm is my second favourite (Lightspeed might be surpassing it tho)

The team seem seem to be one of the best off after PR.
Red and Blue both have recurring roles in a soap opera, Green has his own indie studio. Navy and yellow have minor careers. Crimson doesn't even have a wiki page.

RPM is also good because they basically said gently caress the budget and therefore probably had more money per episode compared to other seasons. It also had Lynn working on it, the man who probably did more for Power Rangers than Saban himself

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rita is much more fun than Bandora ever got.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Rita never broke into song.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

JT Smiley posted:

Rita never broke into song.

gently caress you kindly excuse yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0DU4nrEm-c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.
Started playing Legacy War (and not having the problems mentioned above), but I lost the name to the Goon alliance. Can someone repost it so I can join (IGN is same as forums name)