Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
let us not forget how Rick met Hilltop
http://i.imgur.com/LJc2WrK.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/AuYn7HP.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Orange Red Bull posted:

Negan said to Sasha that a little birdy told him Rick and co. are up to something

I think its Gregory like others, hes been a beta bitch since day 1

Gregory is too obvious. Plus he would be scared of what Negan would do to him once he found out he had technically already housed and helped Rick's group.

It's going to be a really dumb twist that makes no sense like the gay husband guy that has been in Alexandria and hated Rick for awhile. He hasn't been happy about the whole ordeal and just went on their oceanside mission out of nowhere. Probably some kind of "I made a deal where you and I can live with the Saviors if we turn Rick over. Aren't we what is important?!?" before Negan hits him with a bat for being a traitor because the guy wasn't there to see Negan beat Glenn and Abraham to death.

Despite Gregory literally setting up meetings to tattle tale and being the exact bitch you would expect it will be an that guy from Alexandria and everyone will be like "Wait? What? When did he do that? What did he expect would happen? "

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Guy Goodbody posted:

You clearly have never seen Fear The Walking Dead

Ha true but what I really meant by that statement was the writing is terrible and predictable and by this point we should all be able to see the oceansiders joining then from a mile away.

There was no real tension because the terrible writers have taught us what to expect for years now.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Space Crabs posted:

Gregory is too obvious. Plus he would be scared of what Negan would do to him once he found out he had technically already housed and helped Rick's group.

It's going to be a really dumb twist that makes no sense like the gay husband guy that has been in Alexandria and hated Rick for awhile. He hasn't been happy about the whole ordeal and just went on their oceanside mission out of nowhere. Probably some kind of "I made a deal where you and I can live with the Saviors if we turn Rick over. Aren't we what is important?!?" before Negan hits him with a bat for being a traitor because the guy wasn't there to see Negan beat Glenn and Abraham to death.

Despite Gregory literally setting up meetings to tattle tale and being the exact bitch you would expect it will be an that guy from Alexandria and everyone will be like "Wait? What? When did he do that? What did he expect would happen? "

They already have Jesus set up for Aaron's backup boyfriend.

Eyochigan
Dec 13, 2006

It's not rape unless I explicitly see it!

Bates posted:

I can't decide if it's budget or laziness. They called all the extras in and the set is there - how much time would it really take to shoot Tara crawling around in some bushes and jimmying a window or something? It wouldn't have to be a cinematic masterpiece to still add a little tension.

Likely both laziness and budget concerns. Extras all have to be paid for as long as they're on set, and filming in the bush is a pain in the rear end. Getting tech trucks/power or portable generators and gear where they need to be. If the oceanside location is far enough away, maybe they didn't have enough time to do it all in one day, and wouldn't be able to waste travel time on a second day, or budget for the extras.

Edit: Daylight concerns aswell.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BonoMan posted:

They were never going to do this. Why on Earth would anyone ever think this was something that would happen on this show?

I still think the writers twisting it so nobody fought back PURELY so Rick's group could keep their hands clean was a steaming pile of bullshit.

Fog Tripper posted:

They already have Jesus set up for Aaron's backup boyfriend.

It's clear that Oceanside girl is there to replace Tara's girlfriend too. Largely because I guess AMC decided they needed someone hotter in that slot, and also they can replace the Asian demographic they beat to death with a baseball bat!

I bet whoever came up with that idea thought it was the best win/win before passing the cocaine

BonoMan posted:

Ha true but what I really meant by that statement was the writing is terrible and predictable and by this point we should all be able to see the oceansiders joining then from a mile away.

There was no real tension because the terrible writers have taught us what to expect for years now.

I honestly believe this episode could have been made great if Rick DID have to fight the Oceansiders and it ended on a far more serious, somber note with half their people dead but Rick getting his guns. It could have really been played for drat good drama.

... which still should end with Tara flipping them all off.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Mar 29, 2017

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

From the Oceanside encounter to how Dwight and Sasha are treated, I feel like this whole episode was made to say "What if Negan isn't such a bad guy... and Rick is? Makes you think."

Except that's a dumb question and the execution was horrible and dull and we've had a whole season of Negan being a boring threat so who cares?

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Missed the episode but skimming through the last three pages of posts I got the gist, thanks thread for saving me the effort.

DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

I don't want Fop goddamnit

Space Crabs posted:

This also sets up Aaron to fill the 'pathetic mopey sad-sack' role for next season. Because the show absolutely needs one of those for, you know, drama or whatever.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

DecentHairJelly posted:

This also sets up Aaron to fill the 'pathetic mopey sad-sack' role for next season. Because the show absolutely needs one of those for, you know, drama or whatever.

Now that's a username and avatar.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It was actually a bird, and the season finale twist is that Negan can talk to animals.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Can't believe the PYF mod got a role in TWD

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Holy poo poo just found out what Simon was doing before the apoc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lkHzmmSyAE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMnNjTARUEk

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Just went through the comic wikia getting deluged in spoilers and man I hope they change things up.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Senor Tron posted:

Just went through the comic wikia getting deluged in spoilers and man I hope they change things up.

Oh God, I'm sure they won't. My brother collects WD omnibus collections. I've flipped through them because he keeps them in the bathroom. The only 'change ups' are a slight shuffling of 'X minor character dies in place of other character', like Denise getting Abraham's comic demise.

A lot of hardcore comics/show fans online are falling all over themselves speculating 'I hope X character gets THAT AWESOME DEATH from the comics'. The comics are not good.

They even plonked themselves out of some plot points. For example, Nicholas was a bit of a player in the war storyline, here he's been dead since S6. So they'll probably shuffle in one of their other B characters or pop in a redshirt to take his arc/death.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Mar 29, 2017

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

I read compendium 3 at the start of this season and Jesus Christ, knowing that they are already well ahead of where that compendium ended, they could keep this show going for loving years, so I'm hoping they change based on ratings dropping or viewership dropping but I don't think they will...I bet AMC is still making an rear end-ton off of it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If they're smart they'll use the end of the war and time jump to re-establish the show and freshen up the cast. Or keep doing the same thing forever until the show dies.

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.

Bigass Moth posted:

Sasha looks like the hulk next to Rosita who is scary model skinny and I don't believe she could open a jar of pickles in real life.

Seems like she lost some weight recently. I don't think she was as skinny earlier.

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

From the Oceanside encounter to how Dwight and Sasha are treated, I feel like this whole episode was made to say "What if Negan isn't such a bad guy... and Rick is? Makes you think."

Except that's a dumb question and the execution was horrible and dull and we've had a whole season of Negan being a boring threat so who cares?
It's really odd that they show Negan with his 7 concubine wives (many of whom he abducted/stole from his subordinates), but then try to paint him out as an "okayish" guy who has rules against rape. It's like they combined two different scripts, and never bothered to reconcile the differences between early-season Negan, and late-season Negan.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

CarlosTheDwarf posted:

Seems like she lost some weight recently. I don't think she was as skinny earlier.

Rosita is tiny though - and Sasha I also think is small but she is taller so she just looks bigger. Rosita was one of the high school kids in the Twilight movies, she's just got a young look because she is so small.

You know what I just remembered? Sasha was The Wire guy's sister, right? I had completely forgotten Cutty was even on this dumb show. They keep killing off interesting people.

melon cat posted:

It's really odd that they show Negan with his 7 concubine wives (many of whom he abducted/stole from his subordinates), but then try to paint him out as an "okayish" guy who has rules against rape. It's like they combined two different scripts, and never bothered to reconcile the differences between early-season Negan, and late-season Negan.

I think they are trying to say...who is REALLY the bad guy - Rick, or Negan? Rape, child abuse are social taboos (as they should be) and it'd be tough to argue a character's 'goodness' if either were present. I only say this because I am pretty sure the dumb-dumbs who write this show don't consider what Negan does to his wives rape.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Mar 29, 2017

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Kelly posted:

I think they are trying to say...who is REALLY the bad guy - Rick, or Negan? Rape, child abuse are social taboos (as they should be) and it'd be tough to argue a character's 'goodness' if either were present. I only say this because I am pretty sure the dumb-dumbs who write this show don't consider what Negan does to his wives rape.

eh I wouldn't go that far. They consistently show the "wives" to be miserable, plotting to kill Negan or suicidal.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
This episode was terrible. Did I miss something when Maggie and Gregory were doing their zombie killing when they panned out walking back to the Hilltop there was another group of four people about five feet in front of them?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

melon cat posted:

I think they're trying to show what Negan's doing with his wives, he rationalizes as 'okay', because he doesn't force them to sleep with them, they do it of their own 'free will' (for benefits for themselves/husbands/get out of the not-so-cushy points system). Based on the structure of the Saviors they 'willingly' join his harem. But actual non-coercive rape? Hold the phone, mister!

I forget, didn't they burn a dude's face like Dwight's in the first half of the season for the 'crime' that his wife/gf went back to him?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Why was Gregory thinking about killing Maggie?

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005

John F Bennett posted:

Why was Gregory thinking about killing Maggie?
Because he's stupid, shortsighted, and jealous.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
What happened to that one dude that stole food in front of Eugene when he first gets to SaviourVille? Was that just supposed to be a "they're hungry" gesture?

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I'm probably one of the few, but I actually like Gregory, he's a horrible weasel and his scenes with Simon are great. Dude's lovely in an actual believably lovely way and he hasn't had enough screen time for his schtick to get old.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LadyPictureShow posted:

I think they're trying to show what Negan's doing with his wives, he rationalizes as 'okay', because he doesn't force them to sleep with them, they do it of their own 'free will' (for benefits for themselves/husbands/get out of the not-so-cushy points system). Based on the structure of the Saviors they 'willingly' join his harem. But actual non-coercive rape? Hold the phone, mister!

I forget, didn't they burn a dude's face like Dwight's in the first half of the season for the 'crime' that his wife/gf went back to him?

Rick will fully transition to bad guy when the next episode cold opens to him face loving Dwight in front of everyone.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Rick should burn the other side of Dwight's face or make him stay up late at night watching scary movies so he's got eye bags as big as Darryl's

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

or make him stay up late at night watching scary movies so he's got eye bags as big as Darryl's

Make him watch s07 of TWD until he rips his own face off

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
This show makes me wonder if I enjoy hate watching, or if I just hate myself.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

moist turtleneck posted:

Rick should burn the other side of Dwight's face or make him stay up late at night watching scary movies so he's got eye bags as big as Darryl's

He should force Dwight to turn into a 50 year old man with Goo Goo Doll hair to complete his transition into Darryl.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Bigass Moth posted:

He should force Dwight to turn into a 50 year old man with Goo Goo Doll hair to complete his transition into Darryl.

I thought you were joking, but Norman Reedus is 48 years old. :wth:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

JossiRossi posted:

This show makes me wonder if I enjoy hate watching, or if I just hate myself.

It's both. Or at least that's how I felt hate watching Dexter's last season. But as bad as that was, I have to say there was something about it being on at the same time as Breaking Brad's last season that made it even more obvious how bad it was.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

I'm probably one of the few, but I actually like Gregory, he's a horrible weasel and his scenes with Simon are great. Dude's lovely in an actual believably lovely way and he hasn't had enough screen time for his schtick to get old.

He feels so completely unreal to me, he's like a character in a computer game.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Taear posted:

He feels so completely unreal to me, he's like a character in a computer game.

That's Negan. Gregory's every manager I've had at a job who didn't give a poo poo about anything and always passed the buck at every opportunity.

cosmically_cosmic
Dec 26, 2015
Negan is one of the few good parts of TWD. I didn't like the comic version, but the actor seems to do really well in the role in the show.

He has some effective dictatorship methods, but he's still clearly portrayed as an insane psychopath. He just doesn't carry the idiot ball like most characters do so he tends to be a bit more methodical with it. I don't think the show is trying to make him into a morally grey character.

Eyochigan
Dec 13, 2006

It's not rape unless I explicitly see it!

LadyPictureShow posted:

A lot of hardcore comics/show fans online are falling all over themselves speculating 'I hope X character gets THAT AWESOME DEATH from the comics'. The comics are not good.

comics I thought the shovel knight arc was good, definitely looking forward to characters making bad decisions again when there's no big bad like Negan to blame everything on.

Eyochigan fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 29, 2017

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Salt the earth