Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Rhyno posted:

Is it consensual though? Or is that a Timerapist?

Barry Allen: Serial Time Rapist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
BACON AND BISCUITS

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The way to Kara's heart is pretty simple isn't it?

Yoga Hosers, seriously?

howe_sam fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Mar 28, 2017

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
So Maggie has a type.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Kara saying "Bring 'em on" is great.

Ahahahahaha, Mon-El trying to upsell being a bartender to his parents.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Miiiiiiiindtaker!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Yesssss, psychic battle

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
PG Scanners!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Oh poo poo, Kryptonite sais rad.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
drat YOU LYNDA CARTER

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

That was a goddamn fun fight scene.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Durlan President Linda Carter?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

That was some highly predictable regicide.

And now a loooong wait :(

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Man I love watching J'onn wreck people. Nice and solid episode before we enter the long wasteland of April. With all of that said I really hope we get some actual drama and challenge in the Alex and Maggie relationship. Now obviously given the profile of the show and the message it sends that could be a challenge, I don't want them doing a Willow/Tara style poo poo show but an actual argument between the two that isn't immediately resolved with them calling each other great and supportive would be welcome at this point.

It's been a weirdly uneven season so far, they've not had too many out and out awful episodes but it feels like they've been bouncing from storyline to storyline every 3-4 episodes and it's never quite felt like it's all connected together properly. But hey there's a Supergirl show on TV and it's pretty drat good so take what you can get I suppose.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
There is enough drama in every other TV relationship. Just let Maggie and Alex be healthy and happy.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
That was rough on the Daxamite lackey who perishes in space because his King and Queen picked a fight he had no stake in.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

How could they bring up space bounties and not have Lobo :saddowns:

howe_sam posted:

The way to Kara's heart is pretty simple isn't it?

Kara and food is the canon pairing.

howe_sam posted:

Hercules wasn't the jerk after all! :rip: Hercules

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

evenworse username posted:

That was rough on the Daxamite lackey who perishes in space because his King and Queen picked a fight he had no stake in.

Technically I think the Kryptonite sai killed him before the vacuum did.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

She isn't a Timesexual until she bangs a time displaced version of herself.

Give it time. You don't just jump straight to the Big Boss.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

howe_sam posted:

Technically I think the Kryptonite sai killed him before the vacuum did.

there is no lead in the vacuum of space, he healed and now floats in orbit around Earth's yellow sun, forever separated from his people and the planet below

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

That was a very Kevin Smith episode. Dialogue that's a little too snappy, delivered a little too quickly.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

He directed the episode, he didn't write it.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
I guess Kevin Smith is going to make a new career out of directing CWDCTV shows, which is ok since the ones he's done so far have been good to decent. I'm sure it's his way of partially fulfilling his writing/directing a comic book movie dream.

Yeah when they said a bounty had been put on Kara I thought for a hot second we might see Lobo before the rational part of my brain took over...Though just because the bounty was canceled (maybe), that doesn't mean the message is not still out there floating through the void...

Could they have tried any harder to make the telepath look like Charles Xavier? He even did the finger thing the same. (Though yeah I know that's a common way of showing someone using telepath powers.)

At first I thought "Come at me, bro" was funny, but then I rolled my eyes.

It's too bad they couldn't get Lynda Carter more/have more money because I feel we should've gotten a scene of Supergirl busting into the Oval Office to plead her case.

Some rare hard science on a CWDCTV show when it came to targeting the portal relative to the ship's orbit and the Earth's spin. I'll forgive the portal continuing to work though as Wynn writing an auto-updating program or someone on the ground continuously re-targeting it.

As soon as Wynn showed up outside the cell I knew "I'm here to rescue you" "Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper" was coming. There's a rule about Kevin Smith involvement and Star Wars jokes.

I was honestly surprised it was J'onn disguised as Kara in an episode where a lot of other things were predictable.

Boy, that sure was some hilarious overkill when the Daxamite not only got sucked into vaccum but stabbed by a wayward kryptonite sai for good measure.

howe_sam posted:

Yoga Hosers, seriously?
Wow, I didn't even think of that. Ugh.

Maxwell Lord posted:

So Maggie has a type.
Redheads apparently. Yeah I was going to post the same.

howe_sam posted:

As soon as that end scene started you knew she was going to kill him. They made Teri Hatcher's character very cartoonishly evil, but I forgive it because comic book show.

And yeah why are we getting a month long break? Is this a normal sweeps thing I forgot about? I'm guessing so since all the Arrowverse shows except Legends are taking a break. Ugh.

GreenNight posted:

He directed the episode, he didn't write it.
People keep saying this whenever Smith has directed a CWDCTV show and it's getting annoying because A) Do you really think the writers and directors on shows share no communication and ideas during the development of an episode? and B) Do you really think TV writers don't sometimes cater to a director's style/voice/strengths if they can/want to?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I was hoping they'd just let Mon-El leave.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
RIP Hercules

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Now if only Kevin Sorbo would turn out to actually be a decent guy in real life too :smith:

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Gonz posted:

RIP Hercules

I thought he was homefree until he hugged Queen Rhea tbh.

I wonder what Queen Rhea is gonna do now that Kevin Sorbo is gone.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

The episode was front-loaded with some boring relationship drama, but god did I love Teri Hatcher hamming it up in every scene.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Vietnamwees posted:

Clearly, Mon-El's uncle is going to show up and help Rhea destroy the Earth.

(Mon-El's uncle pictured here)

Gluten Freeman posted:

relationship drama

True, but consider the director of this episode:

Gonz fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Mar 28, 2017

Quincyh
Dec 24, 2011

He's stolen the fire chief's hat!

Gonz posted:

Clearly, Mon-El's uncle is going to show up and help Rhea destroy the Earth.

(Mon-El's uncle pictured here)

Well, poo poo, now when this doesn't happen I'm going to be crushingly disappointed.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gonz posted:

True, but consider the director of this episode:

Do you think he cries as he directs or does he bottle it all up for the dailies?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Vietnamwees posted:

She's going to conquer the planet! Sadly she will soon learn about the one weakness Daxamites have: bullets lead

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Goddamn, I'm sick of the focus on Mon-El. He's not terrible (on the scale of this show) but there's just so much of him. This show and Flash is rapidly sliding from "it's goofy but still kind of enjoyable" to "ehhh, maybe I'll watch something else" for me.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Yeah, he's not a BAD character, but the show just seems like it's kinda floundering a little as far as plots go this season. I think the overall quality has gone up since season 1, but they could really use a long-term enemy like the Phantom Zone prisoners to tie the episodes together. I know we're gonna get a lot of monster-of-the-week because of the nature of the show, but without a metaplot to advance each episode, it feels like the relationship drama takes center stage because it's the only thing that really persists week-to-week.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Mon-El is cool and good, he stands alone to save us from the shippers.

Woden fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Mar 28, 2017

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
I think the problem is that the season started very strong and just fell apart after the mid season break. Cadmus seems to barely be a threat, are the daxamites supposed to be the big bad?

I feel like everyone likes Lena because things actually move forward in her episodes.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
If you're not going to leave someone for lying to you for months, at least leave them for being so thick that they don't know Romeo and Juliet die in the end, even though it says it in the opening monologue.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Licarn posted:

If you're not going to leave someone for lying to you for months, at least leave them for being so thick that they don't know Romeo and Juliet die in the end, even though it says it in the opening monologue.

They call it a tale of woah, as in "woah, these two really had an awesome life together."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Licarn posted:

Eh, most college kids don't understand Shakespeare on paper, so I'm willing to let a literal alien off with a pass. Plus Mon-El is a wonderfully dumb optimist, so of course he'd root for them to get out of it alive :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teamcharlie
Dec 9, 2012
Have to say, I liked the laser eyepatch rhinocerous and squishy brain dude fights. Those were fun.

Maybe the CW people can just call in Kevin Smith to consult when they need a new ridiculous moster of the week, but let somebody else handle the relationship drama stuff. Best of both worlds!