Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
When I was a kid, I could never get past how ugly Reboot was, even if it was innovative for its time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Gross. Can't wait for this show to be literal garbage so I can pretend it never happened.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Power Ranger CyberPatrol looking good.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Cool. I wonder if they'll add a bunch of pointless 'ties' to the original series, suggesting it is a continuation of the adventures of Bob/Enzo/the rest, that nobody of the target audience will understand except for sad weirdos who who force themselves to watch garbage only because it's tangentially related to something that gave them good feelings at the age of 9/run a blog reviewing it.

Like Power Rangers.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Like Power Rangers.

The movie was pretty okay though, actually. I liked it.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

FilthyImp posted:

Power Ranger CyberPatrol looking good.

I think the exact thing you are looking for is Super Human Samurai Syber Squad.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Gravity Falls had a fantastic writing team-hell, they even had Bill Oakley, who was co-showrunner for the Simpsons back in Season 7 and 8 (AKA the last two great ones)

No it was Josh Weinstein (the other showrunner during that era) on Gravity Falls, not Oakley

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Why Canada, why?

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Waffleman_ posted:

The movie was pretty okay though, actually. I liked it.

I'm more talking about the fact that Tommy apparently kept returning to the show like every 3 years, despite the fact that every time he returned the audience from his previous series already grew out of Power Rangers.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

BattleTech posted:

Close. It the lighting and team composition there is clearly a Rangers. It's lacking a jock, a surfer/weirdo and a Smart Grrrrl for it to be a Gridmans.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Crabtree posted:

It's just like Transformers, which means when Micheal Bay is somehow still alive in 10 or 20 years, he'll make a Ben 10 live action movie.

Ah man can't wait for the scene where a 30-something Ben tries to defend his relationship with his underaged cousin.

Explaining the joke/reference. A movie about giant robots fighting each other still has humans and a scene where some pedo uses a fictional Romeo and Juliet law to justify dating a HS student.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

BattleTech posted:

You mean VR Troopers.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Cool. I wonder if they'll add a bunch of pointless 'ties' to the original series, suggesting it is a continuation of the adventures of Bob/Enzo/the rest, that nobody of the target audience will understand except for sad weirdos who who force themselves to watch garbage only because it's tangentially related to something that gave them good feelings at the age of 9/run a blog reviewing it.

Like Power Rangers.

Not to get testy over slights to a show I like, but this is kind of an odd thread to post this sort of thing since cartoon fans often do the same thing (see also: Mark Hamill and the Joker, Transformers series through the years, etc.)

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Mar 29, 2017

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

SomeJazzyRat posted:

I'm more talking about the fact that Tommy apparently kept returning to the show like every 3 years, despite the fact that every time he returned the audience from his previous series already grew out of Power Rangers.

I never watched Power Rangers but this sounds like it owns. It would be like if Ash never forgot his Pidgeot and it came back every so often to kick rear end.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Crabtree posted:

the new Mega Man cartoon that's coming to Disney XD.

I don't know why I clicked on this thread tonight, but I did, and I saw this, and at first I was excited, but then I saw that it's being made by the Ben 10 guys, and now I'm strongly considering spending my next paycheck on a gun.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Dude is way into the whole thing and always has been. Nothing wrong with that. :unsmith:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

CuddlyZombie posted:

So, do we still have a Gravity Falls thread? Cause this just came out today, and I'm curious what the cipher at the end means https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofdj1jMzQFY

Also, I recently watched all of Gravity Falls. I love how much Strong Bad humor is in there.
We do!

Also, thanks for this video. Good to see the gang together again!

The cipher is SWEATERSAREBETTER

'Gravity Falls is real and will never die!'

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
http://www.corusent.com/news/wow-unlimited-medias-mainframe-studios-corus-entertainment-begin-next-phase-production-reboot-guardian-code/

For Immediate Release

VANCOUVER, BC – WOW! Unlimited Media’s Mainframe Studios and Corus Entertainment are pleased to announce that production is underway in Victoria/Vancouver, B.C. on the live-action elements of ReBoot: The Guardian Code, a 20×22 minute live-action/CG-animated hybrid television series. This next phase of production reimagines the original 1994 animated classic, ReBoot, in a real life setting for modern, tech savvy audiences. Created by Michael Hefferon, the show follows four teenagers who discover that they’ve been selected to become the Next-Generation Guardians of cyberspace. ReBoot: The Guardian Code will premiere in Canada in 2018 on YTV.

After playing the multiplayer Cyber Guardians video game together, four teenagers are recruited by V.E.R.A (Hannah Vandenbygaart, Bruno & Boots: Go Jump in the Pool!), the Virtual Evolutionary Recombinant Avatar, to fulfill their mandate to mend and defend cyberspace. Austin (Ty Wood, The Haunting in Connecticut), Tamra (Sydney Scotia, Some Assembly Required), Parker (Ajay Parikh-Friese, Mr. Young), and Trey (Gabriel Darku, Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments) now must protect cyberspace from threats that pose true consequences to both the virtual and real world. It’s more than these kids expected when they started at Alan Turing High. Way more.

ReBoot: The Guardian Code intercuts live-action scenes with awe-inspiring CG animation produced with the Unreal game engine, showing how the real world and cyberspace are interconnected. “The power of the game engine’s capabilities to create vast cyberspace settings along with AI (Artificial Intelligence) for dynamic secondary animation fused with live action, will deliver a truly unique and engaging experience for viewers”, says Creator and Executive Producer Michael Hefferon. “As groundbreaking as the original ReBoot was being the first ever CG animated series, ReBoot: The Guardian Code takes it to a whole new level.”

This innovative series will also deliver true 360-degree engagement experiences for audiences with interactive mobile games, a digital trading card game that syncs with the broadcast of the series, and a Virtual Reality experience that puts fans right in the middle of the cyberspace action. More details to be announced at a later date.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

So they just put the name on it for marketing value then.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Sounds more like Tron meets Power Rangers.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Hot take: Power Rangers is extremely good.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

So you could say...the series got a reboot? :v:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

So you could say...the series got a reboot? :v:

To be fair, it's not the first live action reboot, but it is the first live action Reboot.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

BattleTech posted:

http://www.corusent.com/news/wow-unlimited-medias-mainframe-studios-corus-entertainment-begin-next-phase-production-reboot-guardian-code/

For Immediate Release

VANCOUVER, BC – WOW! Unlimited Media’s Mainframe Studios and Corus Entertainment are pleased to announce that production is underway in Victoria/Vancouver, B.C. on the live-action elements of ReBoot: The Guardian Code, a 20×22 minute live-action/CG-animated hybrid television series. This next phase of production reimagines the original 1994 animated classic, ReBoot, in a real life setting for modern, tech savvy audiences. Created by Michael Hefferon, the show follows four teenagers who discover that they’ve been selected to become the Next-Generation Guardians of cyberspace. ReBoot: The Guardian Code will premiere in Canada in 2018 on YTV.

After playing the multiplayer Cyber Guardians video game together, four teenagers are recruited by V.E.R.A (Hannah Vandenbygaart, Bruno & Boots: Go Jump in the Pool!), the Virtual Evolutionary Recombinant Avatar, to fulfill their mandate to mend and defend cyberspace. Austin (Ty Wood, The Haunting in Connecticut), Tamra (Sydney Scotia, Some Assembly Required), Parker (Ajay Parikh-Friese, Mr. Young), and Trey (Gabriel Darku, Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments) now must protect cyberspace from threats that pose true consequences to both the virtual and real world. It’s more than these kids expected when they started at Alan Turing High. Way more.

ReBoot: The Guardian Code intercuts live-action scenes with awe-inspiring CG animation produced with the Unreal game engine, showing how the real world and cyberspace are interconnected. “The power of the game engine’s capabilities to create vast cyberspace settings along with AI (Artificial Intelligence) for dynamic secondary animation fused with live action, will deliver a truly unique and engaging experience for viewers”, says Creator and Executive Producer Michael Hefferon. “As groundbreaking as the original ReBoot was being the first ever CG animated series, ReBoot: The Guardian Code takes it to a whole new level.”

This innovative series will also deliver true 360-degree engagement experiences for audiences with interactive mobile games, a digital trading card game that syncs with the broadcast of the series, and a Virtual Reality experience that puts fans right in the middle of the cyberspace action. More details to be announced at a later date.

One good thing to come out of this project is that this press release let me know that there is a movie series based on Gordon Korman's Macdonald Hall books, of which I have fond elementary-school memories.

I should probably never watch them.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I wonder why they're all wearing the Woolie Madden pins

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I hear he's very excited about this new series.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

Dude is way into the whole thing and always has been. Nothing wrong with that. :unsmith:

He threw a bunch of shade at the Disney seasons though which is disappointing.

Also that new ReBoot reminds me of Code Lyoko

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

He threw a bunch of shade at the Disney seasons though which is disappointing.

Also that new ReBoot reminds me of Code Lyoko

Considering he was in one, I'm guessing there were problems on set or with management.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Captain Oblivious posted:

And this is how they repay him!

Like it's not tough enough going through life with three first names.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Junpei Hyde posted:

Considering he was in one, I'm guessing there were problems on set or with management.
Yeah. When he expressed concern about being away from his family for too long (as DisneyRangers filmed in New Zealand), the producers/Disney allowed him to fly back to vacation with them for a bit in the middle of production for the season. They covered the Tommy AFK time by having his character perma-morphed into his Ranger form, followed by making him invisible.

How dare those fucks let him leave to have family time. The cocksuckers.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
WHAT THE gently caress ARE THEY DOING TO REBOOT?!?

:cry:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

mateo360 posted:

WHAT THE gently caress ARE THEY DOING TO REBOOT?!?

:cry:
Turning it into Power Rangers so they can have an indefinitely sustainable kid's action CGI series?

Alternately, the powers that be know superhero teams are in right now.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I hope they do another episode that's just a parody of The Prisoner. What modern-day equivalent would blow the minds of today's Canadian children?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I just don't understand why they're calling it ReBoot when it has nothing to do with the old series outside of maybe a few names are the symbol. All the older fans of the show hate it and the actual target audience for this is too young to know what ReBoot is or have any attachment to the name.

Just make your own new thing.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 29, 2017

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Rhonne posted:

I'm pretty sure Cartoon Network had a show with a similar premise when they had a Live action block where two high schoolers andthe one girl who knew what was going on would go into a game or some kind of CGI cyber world. I can't remember the name of it for the life of me.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Rhonne posted:

I just don't understand why they're calling it ReBoot when it has nothing to do with the old series outside of maybe a few names are the symbol. All the older fans of the show hate it and the actual target audience for this is too young to know what ReBoot is or have any attachment to the name.

Probably to get the studio execs on board. Or else it was one of their ideas that got tacked on because he was feeling vaguely nostalgic.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

mateo360 posted:

I'm pretty sure Cartoon Network had a show with a similar premise when they had a Live action block where two high schoolers andthe one girl who knew what was going on would go into a game or some kind of CGI cyber world. I can't remember the name of it for the life of me.

Level Up? Though I don't remember a cyber world. I think it was an MMO that leaked into the real world.

Or Code Lyoko, but that was french CGI trash.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

FilthyImp posted:

Level Up? Though I don't remember a cyber world. I think it was an MMO that leaked into the real world.

Or Code Lyoko, but that was french CGI trash.

no, this was years before Level Up and Code Lyoko was animated and CGI, this was Live action and CGI. It was probably mid to late 2000s

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
With Garbage Children's Live Action shows I watched (and enjoyed) Cybergirl when it came out, an Australian show about a girl with cybernetic enhancements on the run from two evil cybernetic people. I remember liking the villains as the man was funny (Giant Oaf Obsessed with Food), and the girl (Svelte, Ferocious Femme Fatale) was enjoyable as a villain. Had a pretty cute (if creepy in concept) ending where the evil robots were reprogrammed to be more neutral, with the Man becoming an Ice Cream Man, which really suited his personality, and the woman becoming a cop. They both had their original personalities in tact, they just weren't trying to kill the main character anymore, so that helped ease the weirdness. It wasn't nearly as bad as the end of Chicken Little..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
I finally found the show I was thinking of. It was Zixx.