Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I'm not saying putin is worse than erdogan, I'm saying erdogan doesn't have 6000 mirvs at his disposal, please pay attention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Truga posted:

I'm not saying putin is worse than erdogan, I'm saying erdogan doesn't have 6000 mirvs at his disposal, please pay attention

The only country to have used nuclear weapons is the one run by Donald Trump and a close historical ally of Turkey

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Show me where I was defending US use of nuclear weapons. Or anything done any time recently by US for that matter. Realizing putin is a bigger problem doesn't mean those other things are suddenly better.

Truga fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Mar 28, 2017

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

This is the internet. Every argument is black and white and if you oppose A that means you support B.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

icantfindaname posted:

I dunno, Erdogan seems much more immediately likely to commit genocide against the Kurds than Putin does against anyone.
Ask a chechen how they feel about that sentiment.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
It's ok, putin is only openly killing gays, infidels and journalists. Those are not ethnic groups, so it's fine!

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

e^; I don't think there's much productive to be gained by competing in dictatorship olympics to try to figure out who is the lesser evil in the case of Erdogan and Putin. They're both bad, and if anything I'd say that Erdogan's power trip being a much more recent deal makes him more unpredictable.

Cat Mattress posted:

For that alone, that makes him the greatest President of our time.

I know very little about modern French political history, who were the "good" presidents after WW2?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The dead ones.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Tesseraction posted:

The dead ones.

:golfclap:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tesseraction posted:

The dead ones.

I could allow Mitterrand (even though...) but I really have to take exception at Pompidou.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Le Général :france:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
pomidou gave us a modern art museum

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

MiddleOne posted:

Kazakhstan manages somehow despite Putin dropping hints along the lines of 'hey guys you have no history so why not join Russia' every year.
It manages because China is trying to build an empire in Central Asia.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

YF-23 posted:

I know very little about modern French political history, who were the "good" presidents after WW2?
Giscard was Alright In The Rave.

Bourricot
Aug 7, 2016

YF-23 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGYxYMJQCmM

orange sky
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/BBCPhilipSim/status/846756355864190979

FREEEEEEDOOOOOOOMMMMM

https://twitter.com/insoniascarvao/status/841278630428856322

orange sky fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Mar 28, 2017

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

icantfindaname posted:

Its because establishment liberals have embarked on a full-intensity mccarthyist campaign to make russia the great satan and to use that as a bludgeon to force their domestic opposition to shut up and get back in line after they realized they're losing their grip on power

For whatever reason the american political establishment likes china a lot more than russia
loool, I thought this was a joke post until I saw the user's other stupidity. Get all your news from Russian state media, eh?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Cugel the Clever posted:

loool, I thought this was a joke post until I saw the user's other stupidity. Get all your news from Russian state media, eh?

no he just really loving hates liberals, so because liberals think russia is worse than merica, merica is actually worse than russia

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
Spring is in the air, so of course it's time for the usual suspects to start talking tough on migration!

Step up, Mr. Orbán: http://www.euractiv.com/section/elections/news/hungary-ready-to-detain-all-migrants/

quote:

Hungary said yesterday (27 March) it was ready to begin detaining asylum-seekers in camps on its southern border with Serbia after passing a law this month that has drawn criticism from rights groups and the UN.
Hungary’s parliament approved on 7 March the systematic detention of all asylum-seekers in camps on the border composed of converted shipping containers.
The move was part of policies by hardline anti-immigration Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán, a strong admirer of US President Donald Trump.
From Tuesday, asylum-seekers entering Hungary as well as those currently in the country will be confined in camps at its southern borders while their applications are processed.
“The border protection agencies are fully prepared for the entry into force of the reinforced legal border closure on 28 March,” said a statement by the interior ministry.
EU member Hungary previously systematically detained all asylum applicants but suspended the practise in 2013 under pressure from Brussels, the UN refugee agency and the European Court of Human Rights.
Rights groups like Amnesty International have condemned the new rules for failing to meet Hungary’s international obligations to asylum-seekers.

Go, Herr Kern: http://www.politico.eu/article/austria-wants-to-be-excluded-from-eu-refugee-scheme/

quote:

Austria said it wants to be excused from taking in more asylum seekers under the EU’s relocation scheme, Chancellor Christian Kern said Tuesday, according to Reuters.
“We believe an exception is necessary for Austria for having already fulfilled its obligation. We will discuss that with the European Commission,” Kern said, adding that his government will outline its position in writing.
“We are of the opinion … that the people in question here already sought an asylum application or arrived in Italy or Greece,” he said. “We must check whether we have already fulfilled our quota and discharged our obligation.”

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Penelope is getting her own indictment too

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lol I love this so much

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I recently read The Ballad of the Whiskey Robber (2004), which was about Attila Ambrus' robbery spree during Orban's first presidency. Both Atilla and the author why Orban and his BFF, Sandor Pinter, kept getting elected/appointed.

I see nothing has changed

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Arch-traitor Manuel Valls has just declared that he will be voting for Emmanuel Macron, rather than for the man he shares a party affiliation with and against whom he lost in a primary, Benoît Hamon.

This election owns

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The PS will need more than a LR-style rebrand after this. What a disaster....

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Flowers For Algeria posted:

Arch-traitor Manuel Valls has just declared that he will be voting for Emmanuel Macron, rather than for the man he shares a party affiliation with and against whom he lost in a primary, Benoît Hamon.

This election owns

also to be in the primary Valls had to sign an agreement saying he'd support the winner of said primary

Valls is a goddamn fucker and I hope this sinks Macron hard, which I know can happen, because right after Valls announced, Macron said this

https://twitter.com/afpfr/status/846977456720560128

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ElNarez posted:

also to be in the primary Valls had to sign an agreement saying he'd support the winner of said primary

Valls is a goddamn fucker and I hope this sinks Macron hard

Why would this sink Macron?

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Andrast posted:

Why would this sink Macron?

Macron's whole thing is that he's this radically new force in politics, outside of the old party structure. A former Prime Minister, coming from the PS, after he lost his primary, is the exact opposite of that. And said primary showed that most of the people leaning left cannot stand Valls.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

ElNarez posted:

Macron's whole thing is that he's this radically new force in politics, outside of the old party structure. A former Prime Minister, coming from the PS, after he lost his primary, is the exact opposite of that. And said primary showed that most of the people leaning left cannot stand Valls.

So it's a bit like how whenever Tony Blair says anything the opposite of what he wants immediately becomes more popular?

Which reminds me of the best ever YouGov article :3:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ElNarez posted:

Macron has rebuffed other PS refugees. He can't stop them voting for him however. It's not like this is some grand deal with Valls.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

julian assflange posted:

Macron has rebuffed other PS refugees. He can't stop them voting for him however. It's not like this is some grand deal with Valls.
At this point, he doesn't need to rebuff Valls himself, most of the people from the PS he accepted are Vallfistes and it's everything but an accident. He actually better refuse Valls himself because accepting it, it would make it looks like Hollande has gone full Buffalo Bill on him and is just wearing his face. The "Hollande was hiding inside Macron all along" right-wing talking point is going to score big this week. Now, a few bad polls and Melenchon is probably going to ask Hamon to remove himself, and it's going to be Hamon's not good pretty bad week.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Flowers For Algeria posted:

This election owns

https://twitter.com/montebourg/status/846978332885504001

"Now everyone knows what a pledge sworn on the honor of a man like Manuel Valls is worth: Nothing. And what a man with no honor is worth."

:munch:

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Kassad posted:

https://twitter.com/montebourg/status/846978332885504001

"Now everyone knows what a pledge sworn on the honor of a man like Manuel Valls is worth: Nothing. And what a man with no honor is worth."

:munch:
Marc Antony Montebourg.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

As someone said earlier about Valls: "Mais quelle grosse merde." :shrek:

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
Ooft. Latest Opinionway tracker has Melenchon at 15% and Hamon on 10%.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Could be a Macron/melenchon second round with a bit of luck

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

^^ĥoly poo poo the second round propaganda would be insane on all side.

Lord of the Llamas posted:

Ooft. Latest Opinionway tracker has Melenchon at 15% and Hamon on 10%.
And i was scared i would to have to choose between Melenchon and Hamon.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
la droite would be so shook lol

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Kurtofan posted:

la droite would be so shook lol

I wonder where they'd say the communist tanks would come from

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011