Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Baronjutter posted:

I'd watch this movie. How about a cat that uses a smart phone and twitter to solve mysteries???

That book is 1 page long and it's about how the cat immediately slapped the phone onto the floor and broke it, then went to sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
You guys wanna talk about how cool American Gods looks?

Because drat that trailer was gooder'n hell.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

powerful sex moves posted:

Do you think the humor of Lobo could work in a movie today? That was the only non-"alternative" comic I read in high school and it was because it was funny. There was a series where he went to the North Pole to massacre Santa and his elves and in the early 90's that poo poo was totally hilarious. Now it seems so quaint.

Lobo's Paramilitary Christmas Special. They made a short film out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuRIJA7KyHE

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

It's extremely hosed up that The Punisher isn't an outright villain. There is nothing redeemable about him and Spider-Man or Cap should have murked his rear end a long time ago.

He started off as a Spiderman villain. A bunch heroes have shown up to tangle with him in the comics at various points When he's written at all competently he's a legit anti-hero at best, otherwise he's just Gunman the Man Who Guns.. Daredevil season 2 is probably the closest to the comic Punisher. The people that hold him up as a straight up good guy are either completely unfamiliar with the series or insane weirdos

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
They should just turn Batman vs Predator into a movie

Alfred shoots the predator with a goddamn blunderbuss and I would pay top dollar to watch that on the big screen

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Even in the Batman vs Predator comic Batman didn't kill the predator so the movie would have him massacring whole families of predators.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I can't believe how not-hyped I am for spider-man. I collected amazing and ultimate spider-man comics for over a decade, saw all the films when they came out, huge spidey fan, but at this point in my life I just can't get excited for spider-boy whatsoever.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

The only comics book movie I want to see is a standalone Batman film where Michael Keaton plays old Batman in The Dark Knight Returns.

fucken :same:

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

girth brooks part 2 posted:

Lobo's Paramilitary Christmas Special. They made a short film out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuRIJA7KyHE

oh no

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

I can't believe how not-hyped I am for spider-man. I collected amazing and ultimate spider-man comics for over a decade, saw all the films when they came out, huge spidey fan, but at this point in my life I just can't get excited for spider-boy whatsoever.

I used to like spider man and like yourself, collected ASM and USM (up until ultimatum destroyed my interest in marvel forever)

The older I get, the less interesting I find Spider-Man as a character. His villains are all really lame and his own personal struggles aren't really that interesting.

I think the new Sony Spider-Man films are two of the only superhero films I HAVEN'T seen because they look so boring.
My friend, who's a huge marvel fan, said ASM2 was nearly a walkout.

I'm very very unhyped for this new one and the trailer literally gives everything away, none of it interesting.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

girth brooks part 2 posted:

The people that hold him up as a straight up good guy are either completely unfamiliar with the series or insane weirdos

They've probably only read that one where he lives in the apartment, traumatizes his neighbors and endangers all of their lives but they love him.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The older I get, the less interesting I find Spider-Man as a character. His villains are all really lame and his own personal struggles aren't really that interesting.

I think its this compounded with the fact that the character of spider-man has been obliterated, there are like 3 spider-men in the comics right now and it looks like on the big screen he just gets younger and younger, I'm expecting the next one will be a pixar movie for babies.

you should see amazing spider man 2 just to see what a trainwreck it is, I was astonished in the theaters that it was even released.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Marvel's plan of sticking to three movies per character is really smart. I just don't understand how somebody could get excited for ______-Man 6.

The fact that I didn't like any of the previous Spider-Man movies, including the Raimi ones that people mistakenly think are good, probably doesn't help.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

a bone to pick posted:

I think its this compounded with the fact that the character of spider-man has been obliterated, there are like 3 spider-men in the comics right now and it looks like on the big screen he just gets younger and younger, I'm expecting the next one will be a pixar movie for babies.

you should see amazing spider man 2 just to see what a trainwreck it is, I was astonished in the theaters that it was even released.

nextt thing u know ur watching abdomensackman 3

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I used to like spider man and like yourself, collected ASM and USM (up until ultimatum destroyed my interest in marvel forever)

I think the new Sony Spider-Man films are two of the only superhero films I HAVEN'T seen because they look so boring.
My friend, who's a huge marvel fan, said ASM2 was nearly a walkout.

I'm very very unhyped for this new one and the trailer literally gives everything away, none of it interesting.

I always feel bad for the casts in those films. The films are so lovely compared to the Raimi films its unbelievable.

Look at this Electro. Its PS2 era CGI quality smdh

Only registered members can see post attachments!

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Orkin Mang posted:

nextt thing u know ur watching abdomensackman 3

abdomensackman in SPAAAAAAACCE

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

I always feel bad for the casts in those films. The films are so lovely compared to the Raimi films its unbelievable.

Look at this Electro. Its PS2 era CGI quality smdh

has he got an energy bar on his head?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

starkebn posted:

has he got an energy bar on his head?

He fell into a tank of electric eels that fixed his tooth gap and put an energy bar on his head. Yes.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

He fell into a tank of electric eels that fixed his tooth gap and put an energy bar on his head. Yes.

The electric eels fixed his gap but the energy bar was installed later by Oscorp

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Guy Goodbody posted:

The electric eels fixed his gap but the energy bar was installed later by Oscorp

Look at this nerd who watched the movie instead of the yourmoviesucksdotorg review.

A shameful nerd.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
After seeing the reviews for 'Life' and 'Get Out', I'm wondering which movie I'd have more fun watching. 'Life' seemed okay for a mediocre sci-fi thriller, whereas 'Get Out' is supposedly actually good.

Which one's the better choice?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Get Out by far.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Life is stale diarrhea. Get Out owns.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Jack and Rich only BotW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50LgwCJf4Ek

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Get Out by far.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

JediTalentAgent posted:

I still mention Gunn's early Superhero flick "The Specials" quite a bit. Maybe Marvel should let him do Great Lakes Avengers with a similar tone as a Netflix series or something to excuse why they're aren't having big adventures or doing anything all that interesting.

In retrospect, I wonder if Sony regrets the 2012 Spider-Man reboot entirely and if they could go back knowing then what they know now if they'd be working with Marvel far more closely during Phase 1/2.

Specifically, imagine if Tobey McGuire showed up in the MCU as a semi-retired Spider-Man circa 2012-2016. When Sony does their Spider-Man Homecoming in 2017, it'd maybe be sort of a Miles Spider-Man and Peter Spider-Mentor thing going on, or Peter and Tony both trying to guide Miles in their own way or something.

Pretty sure Tobey Maguire said something to the effect of "I wouldn't play Spider-Man again if you put a gun to my head"

I actually didn't mind Amazing Spider-Man, never saw the second one though since everyone said it suuuuuuucked

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Those spidat man movies that came out back in the early 2000s were good and felt fresh. Wierd funny stuff happened like the goofy emo table dancing scene. Actually interesting as compared to marvels sleepaids

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

The first one was amazing - it was goofy, over the top, and had uncomfortably scary fights.

It means more to me than the sanitized new Marvel movies.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

thoughts and prayers posted:

The first one was amazing - it was goofy, over the top, and had uncomfortably scary fights.

It means more to me than the sanitized new Marvel movies.

It also had that kiss scene that made all the girls wet and excited. You know kissing upside down.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
What was it about that upside down kiss that got girls motors running exactly? I still hear broads talk about it in casual conversation like it's some sort of cultural touchstone

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Trunko posted:

What was it about that upside down kiss that got girls motors running exactly? I still hear broads talk about it in casual conversation like it's some sort of cultural touchstone

it was a different kinda kiss with a mysterious stranger

:shrug:

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Trunko posted:

Bitches be crazy

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

An hour of this? How much running around have they planned on doing??

..Guess there's only one way to find out! :suicide:

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

when are these guys going to start a series reviewing tokusatsu shows and anime?

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Life is stale diarrhea.

This should be embroidered on a pillow

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it's weird watching rich talking about how much he loved the new zelda. Had like zero negatives. and it ends on a very rlm note

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Trunko posted:

Women subtly implying you should spend more time upsidedown in alleyways imo.

naem
May 29, 2011

Spider-Man 2 was the best one by far, I really identified with being a broke somewhat athletic kid trying to work my way through college and hold on to a girlfriend who was too hot for me

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Trunko posted:

gently caress if I know, dude. Didn't do anything for me.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's like a 6 to the power of 9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

bring back old gbs posted:

it's weird watching rich talking about how much he loved the new zelda. Had like zero negatives. and it ends on a very rlm note

LOL that they linked to Gamestation 2.0

• Locked thread