Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

AggressivelyStupid posted:

The MVP vote is really easy, actually.

If Russ promises to poo poo on kd for the length of his acceptance speech, he should be MVP.

Else it defaults to LeBron.

What if instead he promises to throw extremely passive aggressive shade at KD for the next 5 years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FLIPSIXTHREEHOLE
Dec 30, 2010

BWV posted:

Does anyone else get nauseous when an NBA writer refers to a player as a "unicorn"?

It's such a dumb loving term and doesn't even make sense.

Holy poo poo yes, I was just thinking that. And I can't read it without Simmons' tipsy frat kid voice echoing in my head. It's a white flag that signals "I don't know any original ways to talk about why this unusually sized player is good".

I mean, clearly "griffin" or "manticore" would be more apropos.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it would be fine if it was just a dumb simmons thing that he gets hung up on, but they're shoehorning it into literally every ringer article including ones that aren't about basketball and it's really annoying.

Count Mippipopolous
Apr 10, 2008

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Which NBA player is a platypus? A galapagos finch? A flying squirrel?

The Bucks are an array of Galapagos finches. Players can be differentiated based on the size and the shapes of their limbs - each one uniquely adapted to different ways to get buckets.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Count Mippipopolous posted:

The Bucks are an array of Galapagos finches. Players can be differentiated based on the size and the shapes of their limbs - each one uniquely adapted to different ways to get buckets.

lmao darwin+milwaukee bucks jokes are extremely my poo poo

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

TBeats posted:

Joel Embiid: not good

Call no man happy until he is dead

code:

Rk        Player  Season Age  G   MP  PER  TS% 3PAr  FTr ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV%  USG% OWS DWS  WS   WS/48 OBPM DBPM BPM VORP
1    Joel Embiid 2016-17  22 31  786 24.1 .584 .228 .569  8.6 25.4 17.0 16.0  1.7  7.7 17.9  36.0 0.5 1.5 2.0    .120  0.1  3.3 3.4  1.1
2      Greg Oden 2008-09  21 61 1314 18.1 .599 .000 .644 15.7 24.5 20.0  3.9  1.1  4.2 16.2  19.3 2.6 2.0 4.6    .167 -0.2  0.9 0.8  0.9

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/billoram/status/846799661977391104

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
With a 5+ game buffer on either side of the 3-seed, maybe the Rockets should make James Harden rest his obviously-injured wrist.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

In recent news, Adam Silver takes the bold move of suspending both for being corny as gently caress

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Tuff Juice baby.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Blind Pineapple posted:

With a 5+ game buffer on either side of the 3-seed, maybe the Rockets should make James Harden rest his obviously-injured wrist.

The fact that he injured it in the okc game that was a loving blowout is absurd

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/ByNateTaylor/status/846909815964286976

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Looks like Detroit is likely for the lottery

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Hmm. If you combine the bulls and the pacers you might get a team good enough for 5th seed in the east.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Dexo posted:

Hmm. If you combine the bulls and the pacers you might get a team good enough for 5th seed in the east.

The Pacers are 1 win below the Hawks who are the 5th seed. Adding Jimmy Butler to replace CJ Miles and Monta Ellis drastically increases their team talent.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/highkin/status/846786573941313537

Of all the terrible things about this Chicago Bulls season, developing a fondness for Rajon Rondo might be the bleakest part

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
So they mentioned what Noah was taking

quote:

Noah, 32, tested positive for an over-the-counter supplement -- selective androgen receptor modulator LGD-4033 -- that is banned under the NBA's current collective bargaining agreement. He said the supplement was not provided by the Knicks; it was an over-the-counter supplement the he took while trying to rehab from an injury.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19024393/joakim-noah-new-york-knicks-apologizes-taking-banned-substance

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Jusuf Nurkic sure is dreamy. FiveThirtyEight now gives the blazers a 92% chance of making the playoffs. What a time to be alive.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Quizzlefish posted:

Jusuf Nurkic sure is dreamy. FiveThirtyEight now gives the blazers a 92% chance of making the playoffs. What a time to be alive.

Career high in points against his old team with his pretty girlfriend in the stands. What a night.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

From an article on Draymond voicing his thought about Oakland losing the Raiders.

"but I do support the city of Oakland. I feel like all fans should feel that way. You just don't do that."
Green's Warriors are set for a move themselves. The team will leave Oakland and begin play at an 18,000-seat, privately funded facility in San Francisco in 2019.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19028270/draymond-green-golden-state-warriors-questions-raiders-move-oakland

lol at them mentioning the move immediately after Draymond professes his support to the city of Oakland.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Mar 29, 2017

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dexo posted:

If you add the Nets wins to the Knicks record the team is only two games below .500, which might be good enough for the 8th seed! Go New York Go New York Go!

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

draymond doesnt care where his masturbation cocoon is parked

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The Pistons are going full on Harrison Barnes year warriors and trying to lose every single game to end the end season

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

Spacebump posted:

From an article on Draymond voicing his thought about Oakland losing the Raiders.

"but I do support the city of Oakland. I feel like all fans should feel that way. You just don't do that."
Green's Warriors are set for a move themselves. The team will leave Oakland and begin play at an 18,000-seat, privately funded facility in San Francisco in 2019.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19028270/draymond-green-golden-state-warriors-questions-raiders-move-oakland

lol at them mentioning the move immediately after Draymond professes his support to the city of Oakland.

The San Francisco end of the Bay Bridge that links SF to Oakland is real close to the new arena location, as is a BART station. Fans from Oakland can get to the new arena, and for that matter fans from SF and the south bay all come to Oracle in large numbers today. It's a team that draws from the whole bay.

IMO the real issues are that a lot of old school fans have been priced out already, and the new arena's only going to make it worse since it has fewer seats.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Does anyone from this thread use this?
http://www.nba.com/vr/?cid=nextvrcom
I hope this becomes a regular option for all games across league pass.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

whats the over/under on starters that will play in warriors @ spurs

i feel like at least aldridge and draymond have to rest or else nobody will have anything to talk about

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Mar 29, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

leftist heap posted:

What if instead he promises to throw extremely passive aggressive shade at KD for the next 5 years?

Hall of fame.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

The Pistons are going full on Harrison Barnes year warriors and trying to lose every single game to end the end season

This all started to happen when you said the Pistons were playing "okay" basketball a couple weeks ago. It's your fault.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
RIP Markief Morris

https://streamable.com/u635y

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Spacebump posted:

Does anyone from this thread use this?
http://www.nba.com/vr/?cid=nextvrcom
I hope this becomes a regular option for all games across league pass.

Here's what it looks like
https://streamable.com/8yowi

Also I hope Westbrook wins the MVP because I'm fearful for the league if the chip on his shoulder gets any bigger.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
https://streamable.com/az3k3

I missed the Timberwhirls game yesterday. I heard there was some controversy.

Today is the day the Spurs lock up the 2 seed. I'm already sad.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

While I wouldn't rule out the Morris twins feeling each other's pain on a psychic level, that is Marcus

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
The league needs to do something about all these teams tanking. It's too many, the Sixers may end up with the 8th worst record because of it! Ridiculous!

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Looking at the horror show that is the EC Standings, it's extremely strange to me that Charlotte is tied for 5th in point-differential at (0.7) which is sad, yet somehow they are 8 games under .500 and in 11th place in the conference, which is even worse.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Amazing.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Libertine posted:

Looking at the horror show that is the EC Standings, it's extremely strange to me that Charlotte is tied for 5th in point-differential at (0.7) which is sad, yet somehow they are 8 games under .500 and in 11th place in the conference, which is even worse.

I think I posted about this a while ago because it's absolutely hilarious to me that they had a positive point diff. while losing games, completely flying in the face of traditional Madden/Magic Johnson assumed tautologies.

Turns out you don't necessarily win games by scoring more points than the competition lol great work Hornets

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

The Wizards have won their division for the first time in 38 years and will probably win 50 games so dumb Ernie Grunfeld will keep his job for another 15 years.

This season is the worst.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Stuckey waived by the Pacers :toot: He's real bad now and now he can't pick up his 7mil player option next year.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

listening to Channing Frye and Tim Duncan talk about WOW is amazing. It makes me so happy knowing that AK47 would stay up all night just playing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I'm still really surprised that the Nets weren't able to find any help at the deadline. Nurkic went for a 2nd round pick. Noel went for 2 2nd round picks. Phoenix, Sacramento, and LA were trying to get rid of vets at the deadline.

I get that Sean Marks didn't want to give up assets for mediocre players, but if it were me I would at least be making a half-assed attempt to get that 8th seed next year. Maybe you get lucky and get labeled an up and coming team and a couple FAs sign because they want to live in NYC. If it doesn't work you blow it up for 2019 when you actually own your own pick.

• Locked thread