Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Most the skins are just gold plated guns I never loving use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
The black and gold and black and silver skins are sick rear end gently caress. I have the legendary ones for the selbstalader 1906 and the russian 1895 and drat they look nice.

Anyone know what time the DLC is supposed to drop today? I'm hungry for the new content.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I do have the black and gold on my Russian 1895 and it looks dope. Like something out of Wild Wild West (the Kevin Kline version.)

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

trench fighters

they should delete them

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
I put the crazy gilt Savoia skin on my Automatico and it's like being a gangstar.

I'm a big fan of the new Fort Vaux map, runnin those tunnels never feels like a grind and provides a tension that is great.

At least, it does when you've got a good team/squad.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
side note lmao what is this reload on the lebel

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K
The AA party truck is awesome even if you're functionally retarded like I am.

Was playing one of the new DLC maps last week, two guys slaughtering people in planes. Spawned the truck and within 30 seconds I loving buried it in one of the trenches which you cant get out of. Front wheels down in the trench. I said screw it and stayed there as a now stationary AA and went on to score 20 kills, zero deaths.

Helped there was a big hill with a point at the top that dudes were streaming down. Splash damage from the AA isn't much but it adds up quick.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Ol Standard Retard posted:

I put the crazy gilt Savoia skin on my Automatico and it's like being a gangstar.

I'm a big fan of the new Fort Vaux map, runnin those tunnels never feels like a grind and provides a tension that is great.

At least, it does when you've got a good team/squad.

it's a corridor map done right in that it has multiple ways to get somewhere so your never stuck in a meat grinder unless you want to be.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Nija posted:

The AA party truck is awesome even if you're functionally retarded like I am.

Was playing one of the new DLC maps last week, two guys slaughtering people in planes. Spawned the truck and within 30 seconds I loving buried it in one of the trenches which you cant get out of. Front wheels down in the trench. I said screw it and stayed there as a now stationary AA and went on to score 20 kills, zero deaths.

Helped there was a big hill with a point at the top that dudes were streaming down. Splash damage from the AA isn't much but it adds up quick.

I realize you personally did well, but that is pretty crippling to your team.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

RCarr posted:

I realize you personally did well, but that is pretty crippling to your team.

While I agree, having the AA variant is actually kinda helpful. If you can control the skies near a point you can hold that point pretty well for your team.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Agean90 posted:

it's a corridor map done right in that it has multiple ways to get somewhere so your never stuck in a meat grinder unless you want to be.

It's almost shocking how much better executed it is compared to Locker or Metro.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

What's fun is that he new tanks height is the same width as most trenches in the game, so an unsuspecting pubby driver will occasionally manage to hopelessly wedge himself in there.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

20-0 away from the objective isn't "personally good" either.

If you're going to hog a vehicle and not play the point 100-0 is good.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
ahem gentlemen i believe you'll find that MY video game numbers are larger in magnitude hrm hmm

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

lol, just lol if u cant solo the whole enemy team by your self

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Fastest, we've been dogfighting wrong. Looked up a youtube video by a skylord, turns out you can turn much faster by going full throttle.

Tried it out, didn't lose a dogfight. Even guys who got behind me couldn't keep up with my sick turns and my even sicker burns.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
The only time I lower the throttle is if the guy in front of me is trying to juke me. On the poppy map I killed the same guy using the Red Baron skin like three times in a row by matching his speed at every turn.

Also PSA to bomber pilots: for the love of God please climb and get some altitude. I think the reason pubbie pilots like to fly low is that they're not confident in their abilities to aim, and this puts them right in the crosshairs of ground-based tanks another anti-aircraft measures

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
Holy poo poo, picked up the trench raider for the first time and got a 20 killstreak. The combination of self healing and a giant gently caress-off club is hilarious.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
How is someone getting 20-0 away from objectives "not good"? Still killed loads of their dudes, and didn't feed them a bunch of dumb deaths.

I mean, unless I'm pissing about trying something different for the sake of variety, I'm usually right up on objectives for the most part. But I can't get annoyed at people doing their own thing and having fun. Some of the worst games I've had have been me rushing into a wall of bullets at a heavily contested objective and wasting a bunch of our tickets.

There's 64 mans on the field, plenty of room to fanny around and make your own entertainment. The day we start taking this too seriously is the time to stop playing. I'd rather play with the goon who got the AA truck jammed and decided to petulantly pom pom as many fuckers to death as possible anyway.

lambskin posted:

Holy poo poo, picked up the trench raider for the first time and got a 20 killstreak. The combination of self healing and a giant gently caress-off club is hilarious.

I've been quite bad with it myself, but I suck with all the sentries tbh. One thing to watch out for, that "one hit kill" club is not a one hit kill if the enemy is lying down. Even if you approach them from behind while they are laying down, it'll still take three swings. I think because there is no takedown animation for it, it doesn't know what to do when you melee someone where it should automatically be a takedown with any other weapon.

Someone needs to test this, if the raider comes at you club out try going prone to see it it improves survivability.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
This DLC is so unbalanced on operations, it's hilarious.

Oh, the attackers get 3 different types of sentries AND tanks, while defenders get poo poo? Yeah, gently caress you :dice:

Everything looks beautiful though. Too bad Dice couldn't balance a map to save their lives.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Parkingtigers posted:

How is someone getting 20-0 away from objectives "not good"? Still killed loads of their dudes, and didn't feed them a bunch of dumb deaths.

I mean, unless I'm pissing about trying something different for the sake of variety, I'm usually right up on objectives for the most part. But I can't get annoyed at people doing their own thing and having fun. Some of the worst games I've had have been me rushing into a wall of bullets at a heavily contested objective and wasting a bunch of our tickets.

There's 64 mans on the field, plenty of room to fanny around and make your own entertainment. The day we start taking this too seriously is the time to stop playing. I'd rather play with the goon who got the AA truck jammed and decided to petulantly pom pom as many fuckers to death as possible anyway.
Depends on the situation really. I'm all for loving around every now and again but I generally wait until it's pretty clear what the outcome of the game is going to be. If my team's getting completely rolled or we're about to 7-cap, then gently caress it, I'll jump in a plane (and crash) or go hunting in the no-go zone for snipers to stab. But if the score is 500-490 then that would make me just feel like an rear end in a top hat.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Fastest, we've been dogfighting wrong. Looked up a youtube video by a skylord, turns out you can turn much faster by going full throttle.

Tried it out, didn't lose a dogfight. Even guys who got behind me couldn't keep up with my sick turns and my even sicker burns.

Huh. I've been doing the slow down. I'll try it out but to be honest I rarely get any competent enemy pilots

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Don't listen to them tiger. The ~ one true way ~ to play is not to worry about which team wins or even how many kills you get. It is to crush the pubbie's will.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Parkingtigers posted:

Because in a game that is about capturing and holding objectives, doing neither of those is actively hurting your team. You killing those guys and not dying does basically nothing.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

RCarr posted:

Because in a game that is about capturing and holding objectives, doing neither of those is actively hurting your team. You killing those guys and not dying does basically nothing.

It makes my dick bigger which is longer lasting than a game of conquest.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Did anyone see the new premium friends thing?

Basically it sounds like if one buddy has the dlc, if he makes a party, that entire party becomes premium enabled. Meaning people in the party without the dlc can play on dlc maps. You cannot earn exp or earn new weapons or spawn the new vehicles.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Ineffiable posted:

Basically it sounds like if one buddy has the dlc, if he makes a party, that entire party becomes premium enabled. Meaning people in the party without the dlc can play on dlc maps. You cannot earn exp or earn new weapons or spawn the new vehicles.

Dang this is surprisingly cool.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Ol Standard Retard posted:

Dang this is surprisingly cool.

And you would also be able to use the new weapons or vehicles if someone spawns them and leaves them. You can pick them up, just can't deploy it or customize it yourself.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
That's sounds like really effective marketing.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Ineffiable posted:

Wow it only took them, what, 6 games?

This will greatly improve the lifespan of DLC maps. I already foresee the new Operations being played until the end of the game's life.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

That's really cool. One of the reasons I haven't been playing lately is I figure everyone will be on the new maps for the next while and nobody will want to play strictly vanilla. That's a really clever way of rolling it out, and will probably get a few fence sitters to spend some money on the expansions.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

FastestGunAlive posted:

Huh. I've been doing the slow down. I'll try it out but to be honest I rarely get any competent enemy pilots

You have to pitch up when you start turning, then go into a dive to complete your turn. Key is never let up on your aid speed. it also leads to me killing enemy pilots a lot faster so that I can go back to blessing enemy infantry with my trench darts that much sooner.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

Parkingtigers posted:

I've been quite bad with it myself, but I suck with all the sentries tbh. One thing to watch out for, that "one hit kill" club is not a one hit kill if the enemy is lying down. Even if you approach them from behind while they are laying down, it'll still take three swings. I think because there is no takedown animation for it, it doesn't know what to do when you melee someone where it should automatically be a takedown with any other weapon.

Someone needs to test this, if the raider comes at you club out try going prone to see it it improves survivability.

Funnily enough one of the dudes in my killstreak was prone with full health and I one shotted him. However later on I smacked a scout that was standing up and only did 97 damage for some reason...

Also I'm really liking the new maps so far, having only played conquest on them. The new behemoth is lots of fun, you'll find it very effective if you are decent at tanking. And drat, the new tank is truly a beast.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Note: Horsey died on the way back to his home planet.

http://i.imgur.com/E9E7R0g.gifv

The Case of the Mystery Bomber Kill

http://i.imgur.com/UjUmFSr.gifv

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

The Case of the Mystery Bomber Kill

http://i.imgur.com/UjUmFSr.gifv

I wonder if that shell dropped and hit a bomber way on the other side of the map?

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K

Chemmy posted:

20-0 away from the objective isn't "personally good" either.

If you're going to hog a vehicle and not play the point 100-0 is good.

I forgot to mention that we were able to get their skylords out of their two planes and kept them out the entire time.

I have no idea what the name of the map is, but I could shoot dudes on two different points from where I was. I wasn't ON the objective, but I'll give you a dollar for every time you see an artillery truck within capture range of any loving objective on any map.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

RCarr posted:

Pretty sure that killing dudes stops them from capturing and holding objectives.

But then, I've literally never cared if I won or lost a match, I'm just in it to have fun. (But I do try to mostly PTFO because that's where I can find dudes to shoot).

Quick video on how the Premium Friends thing works: https://youtu.be/W9-JVs93OMQ

Definitely a good thing, hope it sticks around. At the very least it's a free trial of the DLC for your mates, the XP you earn on those maps is saved for when/if you buy it.

Also, a separate things is we're going to be earning 100 scraps per day just from playing the game, so that's free battlepacks on a regular basis.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Yes, killing dudes stops them from doing things which is why the players who spend all game in a vehicle going 100-2 are useful.

Most people here can go +20 while capping points with a rifle which is why the feedback you're getting is "going 20-0 in a vehicle away from the points isn't good or helpful".

Edit: play the loving objective.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Good to hear we'll earn scrap at a decent rate. I always thought their pack reward system was incredibly slow, especially for all the skins you can earn. And it only gets worse as more dlc introduces more skins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Parkingtigers posted:

Pretty sure that killing dudes stops them from capturing and holding objectives.

If you want to believe you were helping then feel free.