Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Hexenritter posted:

wait... there's an upskirt achievement? :lol: but(t) of course there is

Yoko Taro gonna Yoko Taro

You have to actively try for it, unlike the default camera which just drops to the ground every time you start running anywhere.

e: lol for anyone that didn't buy every single achievement

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Mar 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Dias posted:

I wonder how many people heard there was an achievement for that and decided to try it out as opposed to people that just naturally got it, hehe.
I imagine that silly number will get even more meaningless once people start buying out the achievement shop in postgame

Hexenritter posted:

2B actively slaps the camera away too.

That reminds me that my favorite detail of this game is the room with the Game Dev Machine has a rare camera angle that shows that it is actually missing the fourth wall

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Mar 29, 2017

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Dias posted:

Apparently they did, because I don't get the upskirt complaint at all during regular gameplay. The camera is either so far out that you can't see it or angled downwards because you're looking forwards. Maybe you were the one looking up to the skies the entire time???

I did, trying to see if the sun was still missing like in Nier. Seems like there's a more definite light source, but still no actual sun. It's a small touch that virtually no one will notice, but I'm glad they remembered, it's definitely appreciated.

I don't get all the complaints about 2B's rear end being on show while you're running though. Most of the time, I had a huge sword or spear strapped to her back, blocking the view. And the few times I didn't, I was busy, y'know, looking to see where I was going and not getting caught on shrubbery or robots.

Gonna make the judgement call and say if you're being distracted by 2B's rear end all the time, that's on you.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Hexenritter posted:

There's also one for playing as 9S for an hour without his pants.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Nuebot posted:

There's also one for playing as 9S for an hour without his pants.

I'd argue that's worse. He looks like what 14

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

I did, trying to see if the sun was still missing like in Nier. Seems like there's a more definite light source, but still no actual sun. It's a small touch that virtually no one will notice, but I'm glad they remembered, it's definitely appreciated.
If you do the quest with Engels he will comment on the lack of day/night cycle and i was like "holy poo poo, you're right" and there's even this little detail later on that looks oddly wrong for some reason until you make the connection

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Yeah, it's cool to see they kept that consistent. I wonder how many people that skipped on Nier 1 caught that until the sidequest.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The upskirt achi was basically the last or second to last I got for the platinum trophy. I think I may have done it just before mopping up the minor endings I had left.

It took me a while to figure out if I was doing it right because it takes her a while to push the camera away.

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

I don't get all the complaints about 2B's rear end being on show while you're running though. Most of the time, I had a huge sword or spear strapped to her back, blocking the view. And the few times I didn't, I was busy, y'know, looking to see where I was going and not getting caught on shrubbery or robots.

This is basically my view of it.
When it boils down to it, if I wanna take some time to look at some booty, I've got google, I can see what I wanna see for the most part. I don't need to perv up on some robot girl video game.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Hexenritter posted:

What I don't get is if you blow her skirt off, why don't you get the achievement for just running around with her rear end hanging out? I guess they want to make sure that only perverts putting in the necessary amount of effort get the trophy?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

RanKizama posted:

What I don't get is if you blow her skirt off, why don't you get the achievement for just running around with her rear end hanging out? I guess they want to make sure that only perverts putting in the necessary amount of effort get the trophy?

You can't get an upskirt if there's NO skirt. That's freakin' obvious.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Dias posted:

You can't get an upskirt if there's NO skirt. That's freakin' obvious.
Right. My bad.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Superboss q Can I get Emil's Determination on any character now if I have 100% weapons completion and does chapter select reset it so I have to repeat the first fight against him?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Nina posted:

Superboss q Can I get Emil's Determination on any character now if I have 100% weapons completion and does chapter select reset it so I have to repeat the first fight against him?

Anyone can start the quest.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Ending E reminds me of this comic: http://existentialcomics.com/comic/58

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

RanKizama posted:

'cus that's 9S' version and there's no point in duplicating a trophy. You can't quite look up 9S' short legs either so they can't swap them round.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
I just finished Ending A last night, and I've managed to mostly avoid spoilers (except for the big one that happened on the Giant Bombcast :argh: ) or reading this thread. Is playthrough B the time to read wikis and grind to get weapons/achievements/sidequests/collectibles, or should I wait until C - or until I'm done entirely with C?

Also this game loving owns etc etc. I wish the Point of No Return had been more clearly labelled though, there were a couple sidequests I was partway through that I would have rather cleaned up first had I known :(

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

You can wait until after route C is done to do completionist stuff.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

After getting basically 100% completion and starting a new run on Hard I think I can confirm that yeahhh this is kinda the best game.

I keep trying to play other stuff but I just get drawn right back in!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The ost doesn't have the 8bit or alt versions of songs. :(

It does seem to have the quiet and dynamic versions though, which I'm grateful for. Some of the quiet versions are better imo.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Ixjuvin posted:

I just finished Ending A last night, and I've managed to mostly avoid spoilers (except for the big one that happened on the Giant Bombcast :argh: ) or reading this thread. Is playthrough B the time to read wikis and grind to get weapons/achievements/sidequests/collectibles, or should I wait until C - or until I'm done entirely with C?

Also this game loving owns etc etc. I wish the Point of No Return had been more clearly labelled though, there were a couple sidequests I was partway through that I would have rather cleaned up first had I known :(
Do a few sidequests as they pop up in route B - there are a few that describe a few concepts that make the world/story more interesting and B's a great time to explore the world - but there's no reason to be a completionist until post-route C

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

really queer Christmas posted:

The ost doesn't have the 8bit or alt versions of songs. :(

It does seem to have the quiet and dynamic versions though, which I'm grateful for. Some of the quiet versions are better imo.

It's mostly because a lot of the different versions are just missing various layers of instrumentation during playback when in game, where the dynamic/quiet versions are more significantly different songs.

The Hacking Tracks are on a bonus disk for getting it physically in Japan, I think. I dunno if or how you can get it elsewise.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

All three original Nier soundtracks were available digitally in the west too. I'm fairly sure they'll release the hacking tracks eventually

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

the soundtrack has some parts of the songs that i didn't know existed! like a big section of the Amusment Park with just piano and vocals. its really good.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Yeah i finally got around to id3 tagging the game's audio export dump and it looks like there's stuff i've never heard in game, so i imagine for the actual disk release arrangements they had have even more custom stuff.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

emils shop is five and a half minutes long

edit also only in japanese unfortunately.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I like by the end of the 5 minutes that even Emil's VA is running out of steam with it

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Well while I was combing the entire motherfucking desert looking for artifacts I made the mistake of returning to the boss arena. Five seconds after I hit ground level a screaming can of Campbell's Soup crashed into me and blew himself up, erasing my entire life bar. I'm guessing this is one of those areas meant to be finished after you finish the first route?

Speaking of which, I got ending A last night. Goddamn, from the moment you return to the factory this game just does not let up. That was a blast. The next play through should be considerably faster since I finished a lot of the more time consuming side quests already. Still missing like a third of the fish though.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I was wondering why Emil's Shop is twice as long as it actually goes, but now that I'm listening, they combined all three versions -singing, humming and scatting - into one. :allears:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rangpur posted:

Well while I was combing the entire motherfucking desert looking for artifacts I made the mistake of returning to the boss arena. Five seconds after I hit ground level a screaming can of Campbell's Soup crashed into me and blew himself up, erasing my entire life bar. I'm guessing this is one of those areas meant to be finished after you finish the first route?

It's for material farming. The enemies there never stop spawning.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Automata has such great QOL. They give you those designated farming spots and there's no ingredient you can't get from a shop.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nina posted:

Automata has such great QOL. They give you those designated farming spots and there's no ingredient you can't get from a shop.

Pure Water isn't in the shops, but like I said in the thread, it's totally true that the game gives you what you need around the time you need it and before if you search.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Nina posted:

I've tried them both and i wish every 10 respawns or so the enemy level would go up by one, cause after i hit lvl 90+ it feels like im playing normal again

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Is the very hard difficulty description just being exspressive or do they really turn on insta gib.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
You die in one shot, yes.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

I'm surprised they didn't give it a Platinum gimmick difficulty name. Very Hard is basically Hell and Hell but you don't even get the gold orbs

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

InfinityComplex posted:

You die in one shot, yes.
Can confirm. on lvl 96 a hit from a low enemy that did 300 hp damage of my 16500 on hard is instant game over on very hard.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Pure Water isn't in the shops, but like I said in the thread, it's totally true that the game gives you what you need around the time you need it and before if you search.

Lies I wasn't able to upgrade any pod until post game :(

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lakbay posted:

Lies I wasn't able to upgrade any pod until post game :(

True enough... but you never actually need to upgrade those turdy things. It's not like with weapons where you want your combo strings

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Is there a shop that sells Pod upgrade materials? I bit the bullet and bought that trophy because I couldn't be bothered to farm for the Missile Pod stuff. I'll never know if it gets cool upgrades like the Gun and Laser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

True enough... but you never actually need to upgrade those turdy things. It's not like with weapons where you want your combo strings

idk the one pod I was able to upgrade (laser) got a sweet ping pong ball auto-attack at 3 or 4 that I wish I got to use before I beat the game