Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

lelandjs posted:

Best Buy's website was slow as poo poo but I decided to try and see if I could buy a second Switch.

I almost got through the order process but then decided to cancel it so a Switchless person could get it instead.

I tried to get an NES classic and got to the very last page where it said a glitch occurred and couldn't process the order.

gently caress this poo poo so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'm excited for Mario Kart because I too am feeling the Zelda exhaustion after 80 or so temples

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

secret volcano lair posted:

best buy's website is remarkably poo poo.

One time I added Zelda: Special Edition to my cart, it went out of stock, and then I could not remove it without logging out, adding something to my cart as a guest, and logging back in. It was impossible to buy anything until I did this. I found the solution on a support thread that was a year old.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
My understanding is:

ZR: Move in the direction your head is pointed
Control stick: move the way your head is pointed
A: Pick your head up like the proud snek you are
Directional Up: press until you're as happy on the outside as you are on the inside

To move quicker, be a snek.

The controls pretty much instantly clicked for me.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Yeah this is failing over and over, I'll just wait some more I guess.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

sat there pressing "check out" button for 20 minutes receiving error messages and now the product was sold out and removed from my cart. ok then. guess I will wait for more stock at amazon / someone who doesn't host their website on a gateway PC sitting in a broom closet

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Say what you will about Ticketmaster but at least they figured this poo poo out a long time ago.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress ticketmaster

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

But not their online queue system

MTV Crib Death
Jun 21, 2012
I told my fat girlfriend I wanted to bang skinny chicks and now I'm wondering why my relationship is garbage.
I fought in the great Best Buy Switch wars. And I emerged with the prize.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

parallelodad posted:

Say what you will about Ticketmaster but at least they figured this poo poo out a long time ago.

Haha what? When's the last time you tried to purchase decent tickets for a concert? Oh, whoops, you can't, they've been presold to resellers or reserved for StubHub or given to Amex/Mastercard so their cardholders can purchase them instead.

[Edit: Ticketmaster can go gently caress themselves, I've been boycotting them for three years now and don't really feel like I've missed out on much]

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

lelandjs posted:

Haha what? When's the last time you tried to purchase decent tickets at a concert? Oh, whoops, you can't, they've been presold to resellers or reserved for StubHub or given to Amex/Mastercard so their cardholders can purchase them instead.

[Edit: Ticketmaster can go gently caress themselves, I've been boycotting them for three years now and don't really feel like I've missed out on much]

I bought tickets to see Young Frankenstein, Jerry Seinfeld, Zelda: Symphony of the Gods, and Flight of the Conchords just fine thank you.

Hmm, actually I can't remember what ticket site I used for any of those. I bought Bill Cosby tickets for by folks on it, one day before Hannibal Buress went viral.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

parallelodad posted:

I bought tickets to see Young Frankenstein, Jerry Seinfeld, Zelda: Symphony of the Gods, and Flight of the Conchords just fine thank you.

Hmm, actually I can't remember what ticket site I used for any of those. I bought Bill Cosby tickets for by folks on it, one day before Hannibal Buress went viral.

So nothing popular.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't know what's popular, but Seinfeld killed. Let me tell you, you really DO feel there's no going back once you cross over to the next row of cookies in the package.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Best buy said I had an nes classic for 30 minutes but could never process the payment. gently caress you nintendo for the scarcity of your plug n play, gently caress you best buy for your lovely website that allows bot purchases, I'm going to keep enjoying my piracy of nes games.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bombadilillo posted:

So nothing popular.

Yeah, this. Talk to me next time you think "Huh, maybe I should see Paul McCartney live before he dies" and try to buy tickets at TG Garden.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

:siren: Now in stock best buy gray joycoins :siren:

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Did anyone get/can anyone recommend getting Has Been Heroes? I'm generally a fan of roguelikes but this one appears to be getting panned. Not sure if it is worth picking up over just playing more Isaac. I've already made my bad game donation in Bomberman.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Buddy and I both were successful with ordering a Switch, he gets his Friday. I cancelled mine since I don't need it and was just a fail safe if his fell through. :getin:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Louisgod posted:

Buddy and I both were successful with ordering a Switch, he gets his Friday. I cancelled mine since I don't need it and was just a fail safe if his fell through. :getin:

Should have saved it to sell back to that guy who sold his earlier in the thread when he tries to get one later but can't.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

parallelodad posted:

Should have saved it to sell back to that guy who sold his earlier in the thread when he tries to get one later but can't.

Naw he doesn't deserve a Switch.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

Naw he doesn't deserve a Switch.

He deserves to be paraded through the thread while we all shout, "Shame! Shame! Shame!" at him.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I hope the day comes when everyone can enjoy Fast RMX on the Nintendo Switch and eight-player local matches become a common sight in bars and at rooftop parties

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

At least bots can't shop real store stock, how I got two switches. But my local walmart hasn't gotten an nes classic in months.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Cartoon Man posted:

He deserves to be paraded through the thread while we all shout, "Shame! Shame! Shame!" at him.

Yeah but only the plebs can take part because I have a Switch and I aint got time for that.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Just had to explain what BoI was to a coworker that walked past my desk.

Now not only am I the guy who sometimes plays games at lunch, I'm the guy who sometimes plays demonic poop-baby games at lunch.

Switch owns.

:backtowork:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is Lego Undercover a fun game anyways need something to play since Hollow knight doesn't have a date and that's out next week

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I also just "ordered" one on Best Buy and it's currently "being prepared" but after the way that whole process went and a story from another friend about a cancelled order* I will not believe it until it's actually in my hands.

*he had a preorder and they charged his credit card in the middle of the night randomly so his cc company flagged it, and since he was asleep they just tried a few more times and cancelled the order outright

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Best buy said I had an nes classic for 30 minutes but could never process the payment. gently caress you nintendo for the scarcity of your plug n play, gently caress you best buy for your lovely website that allows bot purchases, I'm going to keep enjoying my piracy of nes games.

This was my exact experience. (Except I was getting the classic for a friend).

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The NES Classic was never a real product and the whole thing is actually an elaborate prank

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Empress Brosephine posted:

Is Lego Undercover a fun game anyways need something to play since Hollow knight doesn't have a date and that's out next week

Yes, but $59 is asking a bit much at this point in the game's lifecycle.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr Cheeto posted:

The NES Classic was never a real product and the whole thing is actually an elaborate prank

I've gotten two of them as gifts, I assure you they're real.

Cartoon Man posted:

Yes, but $59 is asking a bit much at this point in the game's lifecycle.

Dang ok. Is it like a legogame or a GTA game with Legos? I don't like the former but the latter seems fun.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dang ok. Is it like a legogame or a GTA game with Legos? I don't like the former but the latter seems fun.

Yeah it's Grand Theft Lego with every bad 80's buddy cop movie cliche done extremely well and funny as hell. I mean it's a great game and probably still worth full price, but it's gotta be 5-6 years old now. I got it on the Wii U and there is no way I'm paying $60 to get it again. $20-$30, maybe.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's both. The world is the latter but you go into mission instances that are like the former.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

parallelodad posted:

It's both. The world is the latter but you go into mission instances that are like the former.

Oh so like those lego batsman games? Sounds still too lego for me :(

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

Jimmy Hats posted:

Cool i'll list them here

Zora dungeon gives you the ability to transform into a fish and eat bugs
Goron dungeon lets you turn into a boulder and roll down hills
Gerudo dungeon lets you turn into a lady and smooch boys
Rito dungeon gives you IBS

All of these would actually be pretty awesome... except possibly the last. For the first I'm imagining underwater cave systems or exploring the bottoms of lakes and rivers to find hidden treasure/shrines. The eating bugs part is just a bonus.

Turning into a controllable boulder and rolling into enemies would be awesome, as would paragliding over things then turning into a rock and squashing them flat.

The third one is great for obvious reasons. ;-*b

I suppose with the last you could at the very least fly over monsters and poo poo on them. Would be better if the Rito one just turned you into Samus for 10 minutes.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Nolgthorn posted:

Are the controls and game mechanics really that hard?

lelandjs posted:

My understanding is:

ZR: Move in the direction your head is pointed
Control stick: move the way your head is pointed
A: Pick your head up like the proud snek you are
Directional Up: press until you're as happy on the outside as you are on the inside

To move quicker, be a snek.

The controls pretty much instantly clicked for me.

Nah, what screws people up is...

parallelodad posted:

The confusing thing about the controls is because you have an acceleration button you want to use the control stick to steer, but that's not how it works. You go in the absolute direction you push the stick.

This kept messing me up and causing me to coil in on myself until I realized.

Astro7x posted:

I tried to get an NES classic and got to the very last page where it said a glitch occurred and couldn't process the order.

gently caress this poo poo so much.

It's fine, they're saving you from a garbage emulation box.

Ask me how I owned one for a whole week.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
Playing with a friend turns frustration into comedy. In the early game I was trying to climb a cliff that was too high for me to climb, but with the right route and a but of cheesing the b-button, I was able to get up to the top. My moment of triumph was dashed when a goddamn mountain goat rammed me off the cliff. Alone, this would have been frustrating. With my wife laughing at me, it was hilarious.

Also, I love when I am too dumb to solve the shrine puzzle the right way but then find a way to use the physics tricks to get the shrine done anyway. Last night I managed to wedge a box at just the right angle to let me make a jump that shouldn't have been makeable. My wife is like "this isn't right" and I'm all "no, I can make this work!!"

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
I almost certainly would have never actually used it to play the games but if NES Classics weren't immediately and persistently scarce I probably would have gotten one anyway just to have a cute lil NES on the shelf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Real talk I'm sorry if you think my picture is a spoiler. Pre-release in interviews they were saying "Yeah there's a green tunic in the game, it's just hidden away somewhere" so I didn't think it was that big of a deal because really, I can't imagine being surprised that there's one in the game.

Unless you're talking about the hat in which case my bad, still.

• Locked thread