Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

echinopsis posted:

holy poo poo

wonder if this will be any better or different or what from f.lux

f.lux works very nicely on osx and is very configuarble

flux doesn't play well with automatic brightness adjustment on my mbp
otoh a flux guy says they're better for actually helping your sleep
but ofc they would say that..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hIJLOgdSZo

i love emojis

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

please tel me this is real

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

bump_fn posted:

please tel me this is real

http://www.unicode.org/L2/L2016/16369-emoj-consolidated.pdf

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I'm merperson

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

yessssss gently caress moores law this is real progress

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

I'm shocked face w exploding head

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

nice

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

bump_fn posted:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

bump_fn posted:

🤯

watch this space

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT207569

apple pages is ... not terrible now? :eyepop:

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

holy loving poo poo

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

I hope they fix the podcasts app eating up gobs of storage in documents and data without a mechanism to clean it up. Had to use some goofy rear end 3rd party tool that ran on a Windows host last time, freed up 5gig from that app alone.

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
i got a notification that someone was trying to login to my appleid from san jose this morning after updating my devices last night hmmm

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

I hope they fix the podcasts app eating up gobs of storage in documents and data without a mechanism to clean it up. Had to use some goofy rear end 3rd party tool that ran on a Windows host last time, freed up 5gig from that app alone.

use overcast instead

ufarn
May 30, 2009

med school head posted:

i got a notification that someone was trying to login to my appleid from san jose this morning after updating my devices last night hmmm
do you use a vpn

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

med school head posted:

it's timb reminding you to enable 2FA

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

do they have the ability to set a podcast as your alarm yet?

i use sleep cycle and i all i want is it to automatically download new episodes and play them as the alarm. that's it. why can't i have that

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

my kokoro wish has been granted ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

it turns out my kokoro wish has not been granted 💔

the piece of poo poo music app keeps starting when i connect to my car's bluetooth even when i clearly used podcasts last time

fix it timb 😡😡😡😡

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
i like castro for pods casting, also every non apple podcast app has a sleep timer now and the apple one will accept a timer in the clock app with "stop music" as the alarm

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

it turns out my kokoro wish has not been granted 💔

the piece of poo poo music app keeps starting when i connect to my car's bluetooth even when i clearly used podcasts last time

fix it timb 😡😡😡😡

it's a crapshoot for me what starts playing every time I get into my car. it loves playing the first song alphabetically.

not that this helps but,

Endless Mike posted:

use overcast instead

do this because podcasts.app is garbage

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my friend cant get a lot of her photos off her phone.. there are many on the photos app which she cant transfer to her computer?

on pc used to be able to address phone as if it was a mass storage like a camera, but osx wont do this

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
on osx you use the photos.app

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

there is no second way without grabbing a third party app to directly read the phone storage

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ugh yeah the photos app doesnt see them

ugh

lame

its mostly bad because she had to delete the bitmoji app to get more storage space

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
use iCloud to transfer photos instead of doing it the caveman way

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

there's a bunch of questionably free apps like "phonebrowse" that will let you directly read and extract things from the filesystem, but if you need to do that someone done hosed up somewhere

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

What about Image Capture? I used to use that to transfer pictures from my phone to the desktop, without importing into Photos.app.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

echinopsis posted:

its mostly bad because she had to delete the bitmoji app to get more storage space

could be worse, she could have not deleted the bitmoji app

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I think iPhones do PTP so anything that supports that protocol should work

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

The Management posted:

use iCloud to transfer photos instead of doing it the caveman way

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

ugh yeah the photos app doesnt see them

ugh

lame

If they don't show up in the photo app on the phone then they won't show up in Photos.app on the computer.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

is this also in keynote

IS THIS ALSO IN KEYNOTE

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

work is issuing me a macs books pro so I can run osx/win10/rehl. with the whole touchbar thing having the soft esc key, am I better off running guest VMs inside OSX or a dual/triple boot scheme?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
oh my god these loving fucks added latex support to pages but not to mother loving keynote aagahfbjkdfgnsm,./

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

bump_fn posted:

oh my god these loving fucks added latex support to pages but not to mother loving keynote aagahfbjkdfgnsm,./

this is v dissapointing

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

just insert a Pages document into Keynote using the power of COM and OLE

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

pseudorandom name posted:

just insert a Pages document into Keynote using the power of COM and OLE

OLE OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgogi Hoagie