Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Pawn 17 posted:

The global median salary is somewhere around $1500 per year, so you are rich as gently caress. To be the top 1% you only need to make $34,000.

My nigga have you heard of Maoist Third Worldism?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Space Crabs posted:

"Maybe the problem is the trillions of dollars people won't even need yet they treat like a high score in a video game and have indoctrinated the dumbest portions of our culture to violently defend the right to take as much as you possibly can by telling the dumbest they too will be able to take unimaginable amounts of wealth from other people.

But have you considered that Great Value corn is only .48 cents per can compared to the name brand? I can also buy 1 pound of beef for :words: so you see poor people :words: caloric intake from $6 is really :words: of course I have no problem being completely destitute"

literally eat the rich.

destroy the estates of anyone hiding money over seas and the systems they use to do so.

make the senate and congress make minimum wage.

Take any money over $100,000,000 from the rich and put it straight into infrastructure and social programs, executing anyone who then steals that money.

Nope. For you see I can get a better deal on rice if I buy a 20lb bag for .93 cents a pound rather than 1.18 a pound at :words:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I think most people with over $100 million have it in like businesses and stocks and stuff like that that would be pretty hard for the govt. to just appropriate, it's not a bunch of gold coins in a vault Scrooge McDuck style.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

General Dog posted:

I think most people with over $100 million have it in like businesses and stocks and stuff like that that would be pretty hard for the govt. to just appropriate, it's not a bunch of gold coins in a vault Scrooge McDuck style.

What are... capital gains taxes, Alex?

Ice Blue Mink
Mar 21, 2017

by zen death robot

General Dog posted:

The government could just seize, from these rich folks, the means of production?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Ice Blue Mink posted:

The government could just seize, from these rich folks, the means of production?

That would be morally wrong, imo.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

thathonkey posted:

what if the nazi is a baby fetus still inside the mothers womb and youre pro life as gently caress but still hate nazis ? what then lieberal librard cuckscum? check and mated :smuggo:

weird but in our modern world its actually the nazis who are pro life

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yeah if we are talking about a fantasy scenario in which we could actually take the rich to task then the fact their stocks and bonds are diversified isn't really a huge issue.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The only class war that will ever actually happen will be the middle class vs the poor.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's been telling me there isn't a middle class anymore

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

General Dog posted:

Everybody's been telling me there isn't a middle class anymore

The middle class became poor also

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

chumbler posted:

The only class war that will ever actually happen will be the middle class vs the poor.

quote:

BUFFETT: Actually, there’s been class warfare going on for the last 20 years, and my class has won.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

As the old War Nerd columns often told us, the vast majority of warfare is asymmetrical.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
There's a negative correlation between upper body strength and favouring redistributionist policies in men. Presumably because back in the day they would've needed to rely on group pressure to procure sustenance rather than their own capabilities. What I'm saying is op probably can't bench even 200

Chernobyl baby
Jul 19, 2011
Please tell us all about how strong and great you are, GBS poster Neurosis on the something awful (dot) com forums

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
see its okay when the rich systematically exploit people because when they do it, they do it with the approval of other rich people, and oftentimes they follow the arbitrary rules that they have created for society while doing so!

that is what is most important, after all, following the rules. eventually if you follow the rules you will be rewarded! not following the rules leads to punishment. religion teaches us that these rewards and punishments will come after we are dead, so no use getting worked up about any supposed "injustices" we see being committed. it'll all get sorted out, just mind your own business and follow the rules in the meantime.

Bill Gates is also a big philanthropist, he has done so much good with his charity i cannot believe you monsters would ever think to harm such an innocent sweet angel of a man who has donated so much of his hard earned money to quite EXCELLENT causes. In fact many of the financial elites are quite charitable, more charitable than you filthy poors I am sure. Have you considered that they are in fact more morally upright than you and are in fact entitled to their vast wealth through their moral and spiritual superiority?

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Chernobyl baby posted:

Please tell us all about how strong and great you are, GBS poster Neurosis on the something awful (dot) com forums

very strong and smart and handsome. im a good boy

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pitdragon posted:

see its okay when the rich systematically exploit people because when they do it, they do it with the approval of other rich people, and oftentimes they follow the arbitrary rules that they have created for society while doing so!

that is what is most important, after all, following the rules. eventually if you follow the rules you will be rewarded! not following the rules leads to punishment. religion teaches us that these rewards and punishments will come after we are dead, so no use getting worked up about any supposed "injustices" we see being committed. it'll all get sorted out, just mind your own business and follow the rules in the meantime.

Bill Gates is also a big philanthropist, he has done so much good with his charity i cannot believe you monsters would ever think to harm such an innocent sweet angel of a man who has donated so much of his hard earned money to quite EXCELLENT causes. In fact many of the financial elites are quite charitable, more charitable than you filthy poors I am sure. Have you considered that they are in fact more morally upright than you and are in fact entitled to their vast wealth through their moral and spiritual superiority?

good post right here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTafZRecy2k

quote:

We're the first ones to starve, we're the first ones to die
The first ones in line for that pie-in-the-sky
And we're always the last when the cream is shared out
For the worker is working when the fat cat's about

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

stop drinking soda at all you fat retards

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

*hates the rich"

*buys fake lovely food from them, making them more rich*

Ice Blue Mink
Mar 21, 2017

by zen death robot
*eats the rich*
*tips them*

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
At this point i would just like to see the wealthy murdered by mobs of poor people. I don't expect anything to improve, we are no morally better than the rich that exploit us we just lack the power to hurt others as effectively. Still, before all this poo poo collapses I would like to see some good mob justice done.

Might make our crusade to kill all things easier to cope with

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Zzulu posted:

"eating healthy" is cheap... Frozen veggies are not loving expensive!!

poo poo, you can eat healthy with trash fast food as well, if you moderate it. But people who subsist on trashy foods never do, they eat too much of it and never complement with any fiber so they become bloated cartoon fatties

I dunno what kind of insane prices you have in your country but you can get chicken, pork and beef here really cheap, cheaper than most burger menus and you get way more food out of it as well

ssh!

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

How does one get started eating the rich? Just running a mob up to the corporate boardrooms and yacht docks and biting into their faces? How to organize the mob though?

Im sure you could get one but handing out fliers or organizing online will get you ded pretty quick

Ice Blue Mink
Mar 21, 2017

by zen death robot

Blockade posted:

How does one get started eating the rich? Just running a mob up to the corporate boardrooms and yacht docks and biting into their faces? How to organize the mob though?

Im sure you could get one but handing out fliers or organizing online will get you ded pretty quick

You gotta start with poor people and work your way up.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Blockade posted:

I'm really not sure why this is a problem, just be like "Goon Project meet in NYC or Silicon Valley to eat the rich" and then eviscerate some Martin Skrellis and Kochs

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
honestly i think you could trick a bunch of them there by trying to make it all tongue in cheek and ironic but when they get there it's really not ironic but it's too late then

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
poo poo most of us are probably pasty white nerds, we could very easily don a MAGA hat and sneak into these places relatively unimpeded.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it used to be that the mentally unstable loners would assassinate public figures. but now, the oligarchs have learned to deflect that drive to commit public acts of violence away from themselves. poor people will continue to kill other poor people while the rich remain untouched. propaganda has advanced too far and education has regressed.

we are doomed.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Mordor She Wrote posted:

poo poo most of us are probably pasty white nerds, we could very easily don a MAGA hat and sneak into these places relatively unimpeded.

For a work thing I once walked into a building, following behind people badging in, and went right to one of the executive areas and was only stopped once by a lady asking if I was supposed to be there. I said "yeah" and she went back to her desk.

If you look and dress a certain way and have the right 'walk' you can go pretty much anywhere. Dont wear a MAGA hat though, it will out you as a poor.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

chumbler posted:

Nah local politics doesn't matter.

-Every democrat voter and strategist

For real though, local political positions pay poo poo wages. It basically guarantees the only people that can run are wealthy from private business or corrupt.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
im still mad about occupy wall street honestly

what a loving poo poo show

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Blockade posted:

For a work thing I once walked into a building, following behind people badging in, and went right to one of the executive areas and was only stopped once by a lady asking if I was supposed to be there. I said "yeah" and she went back to her desk.

If you look and dress a certain way and have the right 'walk' you can go pretty much anywhere. Dont wear a MAGA hat though, it will out you as a poor.

I work for a company that is absolutely gigantic and super focused on security and you have to wear a badge everywhere, and yet I forgot my badge for a month at home and just got it by standing by the door and walking in or walking around security check points. And this is a really big company so I can't imagine anyone else would really have the security to stop this, especially before the cat's out of the bag.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it used to be that the mentally unstable loners would assassinate public figures. but now, the oligarchs have learned to deflect that drive to commit public acts of violence away from themselves. poor people will continue to kill other poor people while the rich remain untouched. propaganda has advanced too far and education has regressed.

we are doomed.

The Matrix convinced all mentally ill people with access to firearms that if they decide to shoot up a bank, they're gonna be greeted by 20 SWAT in less than 30 seconds. And in the end it won't matter that much since Humanity will still be enslaved.

Now they shoot up schools and malls 95% of the time.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

How do we make it cool to shoot up corporate headquarters and palaces again?

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
Of all the Sci-Fi movies that came out in the 80s, They Live was the most accurate vision of the future.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
But there's no Rowdy Rowdy Piper to save us and we don't need glasses to know who the monsters are.

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

Moridin920 posted:

im still mad about occupy wall street honestly

what a loving poo poo show

I was really hoping it was gonna happen that time

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

School Nickname posted:

The Matrix convinced all mentally ill people with access to firearms that if they decide to shoot up a bank, they're gonna be greeted by 20 SWAT in less than 30 seconds. And in the end it won't matter that much since Humanity will still be enslaved.

Now they shoot up schools and malls 95% of the time.

If only people had the courage to go after those 23 year old tellers who are holding them down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

So I work at a senior day-care center as an activities director, and as part of our usual Tuesday current events group this week we talked about a couple high profile suicides that happened in our community recently, like the guy down in Lafayette who set himself on fire in a Wal-Mart parking lot Sunday. The official topic for the day was "hope and hopelessness in our community".

Anyway the point is as part of the discussion I read several particularly cynical posts from this thread, and I wanted to pass on that the old folks here really do sympathize. "Of course they feel that way" said one, a man of 85 in a wheel chair. "Moment they're out of school they see a million signs that all read 'drop dead'. I'd be pissed off too!"
It was seriously inspiring to see the compassion these people have for you guys in the depths of hopelessness, and even if I can't change your minds about having hope personally, I wanted you to know there are people hoping for you.

• Locked thread