Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Thaddius the Large posted:

Running is awesome when you change from distance to sprint training. Do a couple warmup laps at the track, some HIIT splits, and you're good to go.

Yup! I only use the treadmill for 20 mins for HIIT then gently caress off and play basketball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

a neat cape posted:

I nominate Guy That Takes Flag Football Way Too Seriously as one of the worst people on earth

Oh my god, yes. Prior to being in a men's league, I was a co-ed team, and for some reason, sportsmanship is way worse on co-ed than men's league. My theory is that dudes try to act masculine to impress their girlfriends (since most girls playing on the team are someone's gf / wife). But anyway, there was one team we always played that had one insufferable player on there. Short asian guy who always wore a bandana. One time one of our girls caught a pass, and he runs in super hard to grab her flag, ends up running into her, knocking her flat over to where she hit her head (she went to the hospital the next day and found out she suffered a concussion). Dude immediately gets flagged, he starts arguing with the ref that it was her fault she ran into him. Girls' boyfriend gets into his face and starts screaming. Next play, our QB runs and sneak and barrels into the guy as payback. Gets flagged and we're back at square one.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

seiferguy posted:

Oh my god, yes. Prior to being in a men's league, I was a co-ed team, and for some reason, sportsmanship is way worse on co-ed than men's league. My theory is that dudes try to act masculine to impress their girlfriends (since most girls playing on the team are someone's gf / wife). But anyway, there was one team we always played that had one insufferable player on there. Short asian guy who always wore a bandana. One time one of our girls caught a pass, and he runs in super hard to grab her flag, ends up running into her, knocking her flat over to where she hit her head (she went to the hospital the next day and found out she suffered a concussion). Dude immediately gets flagged, he starts arguing with the ref that it was her fault she ran into him. Girls' boyfriend gets into his face and starts screaming. Next play, our QB runs and sneak and barrels into the guy as payback. Gets flagged and we're back at square one.

Ugh, I hate these guys. We had a dude like this in an adult co-ed indoor soccer league a couple years back. Some overweight wanna be with temper tantrum problems who would bitch at his teammates and generally act like a douche to everyone. He didn't like physical contact, so I remember one game some guy nudged him, he didn't like it, ref blew the whistle on the other guy so you would think it appeased the douche but no, he had to set the ball down for a free kick and blast it as hard as he could into the guy that nudged him.

Same idiot that bowled over my wife and acted tough for doing it. I was out at the time and she popped up so I didn't immediately do anything until later in the game when he happened to be up next to the boards chasing after the ball...it was basically a hockey style check into the boards, the whole wall caved, he stayed down and his teammates laughed.

PSA, don't be the doucher try hard in leagues.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
:lol:

The gym own meme.

Also good job.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I was forced to run track bc my father and brothers were track stars, now I refuse to run. Swimming does more work in less time, goons

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
God swimming owns

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I was forced to run track bc my father and brothers were track stars, now I refuse to run. Swimming does more work in less time, goons

I ran track, it was fun. Only sprints though. 100, 200, 4x100, 4x200, long jump. I remember having to sub for the 4x400 and I was like, it's one lap it's no big deal and after I blew my wad on the first 200 or so I crossed the finish line and crawled into a fetal position grasping for air.

I would love to get into swimming, I have heard it's a great workout and burns tons of calories with no impact I just really suck at swimming : /

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I wish I had a pool

E: actually not really they're probably way too much work but they are nice sometimes

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

weird Asian candy posted:

I ran track, it was fun. Only sprints though. 100, 200, 4x100, 4x200, long jump. I remember having to sub for the 4x400 and I was like, it's one lap it's no big deal and after I blew my wad on the first 200 or so I crossed the finish line and crawled into a fetal position grasping for air.

I would love to get into swimming, I have heard it's a great workout and burns tons of calories with no impact I just really suck at swimming : /

My track events were 400, 800 and 4×400. Lol, my father's 4x400 record stood for 36 years at his high school. How do you compete with that? Oh, and my grandfather was instrumental in founding the USMC Marathon, so naturally, I gravitated to other sports

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

My track events were 400, 800 and 4×400. Lol, my father's 4x400 record stood for 36 years at his high school. How do you compete with that? Oh, and my grandfather was instrumental in founding the USMC Marathon, so naturally, I gravitated to other sports

drat man, those are some big cleats to fill!

36 years is freaking impressive!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

I wish I had a pool

E: actually not really they're probably way too much work but they are nice sometimes

I grew up with an inground pool, and always had to do work to maintain / clean it and fish dead squirrels and cats out of it every springtime while cleaning it. Replaced the pump once and I think that's what broke me and made me hate swimming pools.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

That's some av/text combo....

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

CyberPingu posted:

That's some av/text combo....

I was framed.

It was just a real funny awkward photo that I was randomly taken in. :boobeer:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Horses don't stop, they keep going

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

drat man, those are some big cleats to fill!

36 years is freaking impressive!

Competitive sports are a big deal in my family, bro

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

A Man and his dog posted:

I was framed.

It was just a real funny awkward photo that I was randomly taken in. :boobeer:

Suuurrre.....

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Competitive sports are a big deal in my family, bro

So I gotta ask, at what age did you finally beat your pops in a race? My 13 year old is itching to beat me in a sprint, but I still have some years left. I still have most of my speed so I feel like I can fend him off a bit longer, but he is chomping at the bit. I imagine being in a competitive family your dad and siblings would always be talking mad poo poo and challenging eachother.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Kalli posted:

I grew up with an inground pool, and always had to do work to maintain / clean it and fish dead squirrels and cats out of it every springtime while cleaning it. Replaced the pump once and I think that's what broke me and made me hate swimming pools.

Wait really? Like cleaning dead animals out of it was a consistent occurrence?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

A Man and his dog posted:

This is like someone saying: I hate any physical activity and I'd rather sit around and eat and play video games all day.

That's not heathy.

I'd like to point out per rg3 lifting weights is basically the same amount of fitness gained as playing video games

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

So I gotta ask, at what age did you finally beat your pops in a race? My 13 year old is itching to beat me in a sprint, but I still have some years left. I still have most of my speed so I feel like I can fend him off a bit longer, but he is chomping at the bit. I imagine being in a competitive family your dad and siblings would always be talking mad poo poo and challenging eachother.

I'm the youngest son, my parents were 39 when I was born. Never raced my dad bc he was in his 50s by the time I got to h.s., but I have 4 older brothers. The closest one to my age was a senior when I was a freshman, and I could only beat him in races of 400m or longer. My oldest brother is 14 years older than me, so I never got to race him either; he was out of the house by the time that would have come up.

They've always been super cool to me. They're just ultra competitive.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
New IT trailer. Oh poo poo.

https://youtu.be/FnCdOQsX5kc

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Guys I installed my standing desk at work today

I continue to become more powerful

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'll kick your rear end

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Wait really? Like cleaning dead animals out of it was a consistent occurrence?

I'd say an average of one per year in the spring when we took the tarp off. Some animal would climb under the tarp to drink some water and be unable to get out and then in the springtime I'd fish it out with a skimmer then dump a giant barrel of chlorine in there.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Kalli posted:

I'd say an average of one per year in the spring when we took the tarp off. Some animal would climb under the tarp to drink some water and be unable to get out and then in the springtime I'd fish it out with a skimmer then dump a giant barrel of chlorine in there.

Pretty sure this is Tony Soprano...

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Having lovely bones like me means that exercising is a pain in the rear end. Also every rec league in Chicago is full of tryhards instead of people who do it for fun.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Lift weights and your bones will become stronger than any material on this earth

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
You mean drink a poo poo ton of whole milk.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I was brought out to lunch by my recruiting company. They took us to a Sushi place and I had some Yellowtail Sashimi that was amazeballs and practically melted in my mouth. I love Sushi so much...

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
What's everyone's favorite muscle on their body, for performance or visual enjoyment doesn't matter?

For me it is the glute (its built, it performs well, I have a beautiful mental connection to it) or the triceps (so much power is generated from this, you have no idea)

least favorite is the chest, or "pec", I despise this worthless, unreliable piece of poo poo

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Exercise is super boring and I can only just stay motivated if there's something cool to watch or I have a game that's easy to play either on my laptop or a handheld system while walking.

I worked warehouse and heavy lifting jobs for 15 years and my spine and joints don't like me as much as they used to now either. The idea of picking up heavy things without somebody paying me to do so seems weird.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
please don't say penis or heart, I'm begging you

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Any exercise that requires sitting in a gym doing things is a waste of time

Go outside and get your exercise the natural, human way, by hunting the weak

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

SHOAH NUFF posted:

What's everyone's favorite muscle on their body, for performance or visual enjoyment doesn't matter?
I don't have a specific favorite in particular but generally back muscles

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Shoulders!

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Abs.

Rock hard Abs.

Then the glute.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

please don't say penis or heart, I'm begging you

The heart is always so unfairly maligned, learn to love it!

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Febreeze posted:

Any exercise that requires sitting in a gym doing things is a waste of time

Go outside and get your exercise the natural, human way, by hunting the weak

we'll start with the cartoonists :devil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

SHOAH NUFF posted:

For me it is the glute (its built, it performs well, I have a beautiful mental connection to it) or the triceps (so much power is generated from this, you have no idea)

least favorite is the chest, or "pec", I despise this worthless, unreliable piece of poo poo

I have a great jawline

• Locked thread