Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Oh my god the waverider is shrunken down as a desk model.

This.

loving.

Show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
oh my god that season finale preview

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

I don't want this season to end. I've never enjoyed a CW show as much as I have for this season of Legends.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Yeah there's one more episode and the other shows won't end until May, but I'm calling Legends S2 for MVP of the DCTV season. It really feels like the writers took a good hard look at what worked last season and what didn't, and fixed the most glaring issues and mistakes. The first half was just ok, but the back-half following Chicago Way has been nothing but sheer excellence each week.

I hope Season 3 is just as good, and I hope they keep some of the Legion of Doom around even after this. I think having three/four villains that most viewers are familiar with, and who are also just amazingly entertaining in their roles, helps a great deal.

On that note: highlight of the episode was the Nate and Damian almost high-fiving each other. That whole moment was perfection.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
I can't believe this used to be the worst show and that I really wanted it to be canceled.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Damian killed Felicity and Barry? He's the greatest hero of all time.

Thawne owns and they really are stupid. "Let's go down fighting against a speedster :downs:"

e: I do like that the solution for destroying the spear was throw it into the sun. Or something 1000x as hot as the sun.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Mar 29, 2017

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
I assume the reactor also destroyed all life on earth at that temperature.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

This was the show where they had to kill the bad guy at three separate points in time at the same time. Don't get too caught up in the temperature of their fake reactor.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

lotus circle posted:

Yeah there's one more episode and the other shows won't end until May, but I'm calling Legends S2 for MVP of the DCTV season.

That was the best episode of the series. I agree that Legends is the MVP of DCTV this year. I'm betting in the finale Black Flash is the hero that saves the day and defeats Thawne.

Lol at Trump being President in this episode's timeline.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Mar 29, 2017

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I loved Damian's approving head shrug out of focus in the background during Snart's monologue. It's the little touches

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
At this point the finale next week could be the team fixing things in five minutes and then literally retiring to Aruba for the rest of the episode, as far as I'm concerned they've already stuck the landing for the season.

Rip Hunter, Drunken Cake Wizard filled a hole in my life that I didn't know existed until now.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Stunt Rock posted:

I can't believe this used to be the worst show and that I really wanted it to be canceled.

Turns out the CW shows can actually be halfway decent when they're not just vehicles for terrible writing, terrible action and melodrama so bad it should be covered under the Geneva convention.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Can Rip's new job on the Legends crew be pastry chef because homie's got skills.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Let's just hope the Legends don't visit Earth-38 next year. I hear Lex Luthor has a thing for stealing cakes...

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Rip Hunter, Tiny Drunken Cake Wizard filled a hole in my life that I didn't know existed until now.

ftfy

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Zebulon posted:

This.

loving.

Show.

I have no idea how they're gonna top this

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Well, that was pretty loving great for this show.

-Legion Skull Headquarters! (Sorta.)
-The Time Idiots being even bigger idiots.
-Rip baked (at least) forty cakes. And that's terrible.
-Ray channeling Keanu Reeves.
-Rory repeatedly getting punched as proof the Ray-gun works.
-"Condiment game is on point!"
-Lol. Of course Mick liked Passion Of The Christ.
-"Bored now!"
-That Nate/Darkh almost-high-five.
-Wow. Someone finally actually got frozen by the Cold Gun.
-Mick: 1 Chair: -1000000
-Oh man that final reveal was good.
-Pretty much the only big complaint I have is the Felicity cameo seemed unnecessary and didn't add anything...well besides getting her neck snapped I guess.

That's how you do a penultimate episode. Hopefully, the finale brings the goods.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I love how the final reveal was set up. "Oh hey, Thawne has a teeny tiny model of the Waverider in his office... because he's rear end in a top hat" to "HOLY poo poo THAT IS THE WAVERIDER! :aaaaa:" 45 minutes later.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
My god that episode was fantastic. I loved that little Prison Break jab at from Snart.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
What a fun episode. Rory is so great.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Zebulon posted:

This.

loving.

Show.

Seems like it's homage to this:

Star Trek TOS "Catspaw"

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
LoT is really, really good this season.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

I have no idea how they're gonna top this

Well, in the preview they show Rip dramatically ordering to open fire and the Waverider looming over what initially could be mistaken as the WW1 battlefield... then immediately cuts to the still model sized Waverider shooting Darhk while he GIGGLES about how adorable it is.

That seems like a pretty good way to start trying to top it.

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
Vandal Savage seems like a whole different show. They've done so well this season.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Funny how this went from my least favorite arrowverse show to my favorite, and flash went from favorite to least favorite.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

that one guy posted:

Vandal Savage seems like a whole different show. They've done so well this season.

I maintain that the final arc of Season 1 (like from Leviathan onward) was where the show actually became really good. You had giant Ray vs a Pacific Rim doombot, Savage's hot daughter, Mick finally becomes a real hero, Time Master fuckery, Savage becoming a credible threat finally, the Hawks loving off forever, the start of the show's love affair with roasting Nazis, and the producers realizing that Vandal Savage sucked so hard they had to kill him three times in a row as an apology to the fans.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The difference is that while LoT, Flash and Arrow all poo poo the bed last year the LoT production team this year at least seem to have tried to to improve their very flawed show instead of doing heroin in a basement while jerking off to the dictionary definition of melodrama.

nine-gear crow posted:

I maintain that the final arc of Season 1 (like from Leviathan onward) was where the show actually became really good. You had giant Ray vs a Pacific Rim doombot, Savage's hot daughter, Mick finally becomes a real hero, Time Master fuckery, Savage becoming a credible threat finally, the Hawks loving off forever, the start of the show's love affair with roasting Nazis, and the producers realizing that Vandal Savage sucked so hard they had to kill him three times in a row as an apology to the fans.

It was still super bad.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Mar 29, 2017

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Did Snart watch Buffy growing up (in between robbing banks and being in juvy) or did he get it on DVD?

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Licarn posted:

Did Snart watch Buffy growing up (in between robbing banks and being in juvy) or did he get it on DVD?

For some reason that episode where the swim team turn into fish really spoke to him.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

J33uk posted:

For some reason that episode where the swim team turn into fish really spoke to him.

God drat I knew he looked familiar

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Licarn posted:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that picked up on that.

"Bored now"

Medullah fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 30, 2017

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
That shot when Felicity broke her ankle made me shout loudly. drat, that looked painful.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I will never, ever get tired of Thawne smugging it up.

Here's a question, though: Isn't reality better with Thawne in charge? I mean, he's fixed global warming and saved the planet.

He also killed Barry. But I repeat myself.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I thought Thawne's thing was that he really wanted to get back to his future timeline. So much that he would just kill people to get closer to that goal. Now his fantasy is to run things like Elon Musk?

He could have done that... all of that... while he was Harrison Wells... including especially killing Barry.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

No he just really wanted to kill Barry cause he's a super dick to him in the future. Thawne was always right.

Invalid Validation fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Mar 30, 2017

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I hope the group somehow manages to team up with the Monster Squad next week in the season finale.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Well I'd assume if Thawne introduces all that 23rd century technology now, then science progresses even more, meaning he has even more future tech to pull from if/when he does return home. His goal may have been to run back and forth between times whenever.

Also, why the gently caress is the black flash in a little cage instead of written out of existence?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

No Butt Stuff posted:

Well I'd assume if Thawne introduces all that 23rd century technology now, then science progresses even more, meaning he has even more future tech to pull from if/when he does return home. His goal may have been to run back and forth between times whenever.

Also, why the gently caress is the black flash in a little cage instead of written out of existence?

Chekov's Black Flash

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Could argue that as an entity of the speed force it's difficult, it not impossible, to actually destroy it. Not that this really helps explain how you can will into existence a vault that can contain it indefinitely instead, of course. But hey. The real answer of course is:

Medullah posted:

Chekov's Black Flash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
They established that people can have different haircuts in this alternate reality. So we've got present day Vixen, past Vixen, and now alter reality Vixen, and none of them have had short hair. DCCW is bullshit.

• Locked thread