Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best soup
French Onion
Creamy Potato
Chicken Noodle
Gumbo... the answer is gumbo
View Results

• Locked thread
Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
just got endings C-E and this is one of the best games ever made

frank.club posted:

When the chorus kicked in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'm dying to play the first game now

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

klapman posted:

thinking of the credits music

you're thinking about how you want to **** 2B

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Pablo Gigante posted:

I'm dying to play the first game now

watcha playthrough or read an LP, the story is great but the gameplay moment to moment is unfun

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

hubris.height posted:

watcha playthrough or read an LP, the story is great but the gameplay moment to moment is unfun

No I'm going to play it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The gameplay in the first one is still fine, it's worth playing yourself for at least the two major endings

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I started it the other day. A boar killed me

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

The animals do way more damage than the machines do, I always give boars a wide berth.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I can't stop thinking about this game. It's easily one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

I can't stop thinking about this game. It's easily one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had

It lingers for a long time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My favorite part about it is that even after you know most of your actions are purposeless in the grand scheme of things there's still like 10+ hours of game left where you kind of just wallow and can't escape the war cycle, narratively (the story will not end, the characters refuse to die) and mechanically (you have to keep playing the game and perpetuating pointless violence)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

My favorite part about it is that even after you know most of your actions are purposeless in the grand scheme of things there's still like 10+ hours of game left where you kind of just wallow and can't escape the war cycle, narratively (the story will not end, the characters refuse to die) and mechanically (you have to keep playing the game and perpetuating pointless violence)

I think the game does an even better job of tying together gameplay and narrative than Kojima does. It's definitely in the same class as least

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is an essential game btw

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
Did anyone ever figure out what the deal was with those doors in the desert and flooded city with the machines guarding them?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Antoine Silvere posted:

Did anyone ever figure out what the deal was with those doors in the desert and flooded city with the machines guarding them?

My guess is it gives them a place to slot DLC or something. But idk if that would ever happen, or if there is some secret waiting to be uncovered in the game as is

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Antoine Silvere posted:

producer at square tweeted earlier something to the effect of "just a little more time until what's beyond the apologetic robots"

fiber
Nov 18, 2012
Re: doors apparently people have noclipped through them and there's nothing there. Drakengard 3 had a similar locked door you could never get through with nothing behind it. Either it's a weird yoko taro gag or they ran out of time, who knows?

fiber
Nov 18, 2012

lets hang out posted:

producer at square tweeted earlier something to the effect of "just a little more time until what's beyond the apologetic robots"

Well nevermind.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol if it is DLC or a patched thing it would be an epic own on everyone who deleted their files

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

lol if it is DLC or a patched thing it would be an epic own on everyone who deleted their files

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I only found the one in the Flooded City during route A and I completely forgot about it after that

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnFX6GuiBSM

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/bentolmachoff/status/846476110846017536

Nier: Automata (2017)

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Beepy!

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

For the Glory of Trashkind!

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

In Training posted:

it would motivate me to make the second playthrough I've been considering after I beat p5

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I can't stop thinking about this game, I just want to play it constantly

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've played a bit (like 8 hours) but this weekend I'm going to marathon this like crazy. in between europa sessions

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

im really digging nier 1

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

elf help book posted:

im really digging nier 1

Nier 1 is one of my favorite games ever. I don't know exactly what it is but everything about it is so calming... it's my #1 sick game for sure.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

https://my.mixtape.moe/labmrs.mp4

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i played nier all day and just want to keep playing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

WB, also, English Dub :stare:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i kept freaking out every time those weird ghost twins appeared for a second in various cutscenes and then when they finally showed up i was like should have expected this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i played nier all day and just want to keep playing

THe first game has chunky minute to minute stuff but it's definitely worth playing...there's a lot of fascinating, beautiful stuff in Nier 1.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

bump_fn posted:

i kept freaking out every time those weird ghost twins appeared for a second in various cutscenes and then when they finally showed up i was like should have expected this

it was really obvious that they were there right at the end of run B but i'm an unobservant idiot so i didn't notice the other times

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

BBJoey posted:

it was really obvious that they were there right at the end of run B but i'm an unobservant idiot so i didn't notice the other times

All through Route B the lens for the cutscenes you've already scene are slightly wider and very frequently the twins will be revealed at the fringes of those scenes

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

In Training posted:

All through Route B the lens for the cutscenes you've already scene are slightly wider and very frequently the twins will be revealed at the fringes of those scenes

I only noticed it in one cut scene but even then I thought I just had miss seen it because I just barely saw a glimpse.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

BBJoey posted:

I only noticed one once at the end of route B when 9S is running back to his fight unit from the bunker to go back to earth you can see one in the corner for one second before the cutscene plays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm thinking of sacrificing my save file and starting over fresh on hard cause I was OP after hour 6 of the game and nothing was even remotely challenging after that...I had to pull back on bosses just to hear all their dialogue

But I also want to be a bitch & backup my save to a usb stick first but I feel that is at odds with the entire point of the story and I could be starting my own cycle ala YoRHa??? & I would bring great shame to myself..I've ..I've never felt like this before,,this game is deep af..

• Locked thread