Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Suzie Anthony is an example of somebody who has done an amazing job that is being recognized more and more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Listen, folks. Harriet Tubman was a great woman, phenomenal! you wanna know what she did? she freed slaves, she calls it the underground railroad. miles upon miles of underground tunnels to help free slaves. And hey guess what? She was black too! She didn't get help from the government she did all this herself! She didnt have to but she did and that's dedication!

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Harriet Tubman- look I'm not as big a fan of trains as I am of trucks- this lady, she was just- you know she was a black too- she did a good thing freeing the other blacks- mostly good, I'm sure- Harriet Tubman, just terrific. Really tremendous.

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dizz posted:

Listen, folks. Harriet Tubman was a great woman, phenomenal! you wanna know what she did? she freed slaves, she calls it the underground railroad. miles upon miles of underground tunnels to help free slaves. And hey guess what? She was black too! She didn't get help from the government she did all this herself! She didnt have to but she did and that's dedication!

I tell you, I hear her underground rail road put Americans back to work building that thing. They even used American steel to build it!

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

loling at the memory of alec baldwin using the word 'coltrane' while impersonating the potus on snl in the year of our lord 2016

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

I Was The Fury posted:

Harriet Tubman- look I'm not as big a fan of trains as I am of trucks- this lady, she was just- you know she was a black too- she did a good thing freeing the other blacks- mostly good, I'm sure- Harriet Tubman, just terrific. Really tremendous.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Dizz posted:

Listen, folks. Harriet Tubman was a terrible woman, bad! you wanna know what she did? she wanted more regulations on the south, she calls it the underground railroad. miles upon miles of underground tunnels destroying the southern economy. And hey guess what? She was black too! She cost the south thousands of jobs, just terrible!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Scary! posted:

I tell you, I hear her underground rail road put Americans back to work building that thing. They even used American steel to build it!

I'm tellin' ya man, These negroes of the past had lots of energy, very healthy! They could take a whipping and go right back to the plantations. Even when fleeing they had lots of energy to run. That's why we enslaved them, wouldn't enslave any other race. Blacks today aren't as enthusiastic about working as their ancestors of the past did, ask my buddy Ben carson over here. Oh he's not here? what a shame.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Scary! posted:

I hear they called her Tubman cuz she was real fat and ugly. Let me tell you, just a real loser. No good at building railroads. When I build a railroad I use only the best people

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
They want to build a bit of the wall on Mexican soil. Lolling hell!
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/trump-interior-secretary-suggests-u-s-will-seize-mexican-land-to-build-border-wall-report/

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

If Mexico ends up curbstomping Texas over this I'll take back every bad thing I've ever said about Trump.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/mmurraypolitics...3361%23lastpost

https://twitter.com/mmurraypolitics...3361%23lastpost

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
it's lol as hell to read the reddit that's about seriously asking trump voters about their views

you aren't allowed to be an open rear end in a top hat to people. so it's full of obscenely stupid dipshits offering simpering, milquetoast logic in response to hard questions and then ghosting out of shame. The best one is the ISP bill because that's the one and only issue baby-politics turbonerds know about, and they hate it. it's great to watch people come in with confident gotchas like "I'm certain this bill won't pass the house... the Senate... I'm quite sure Trump will stop this bill [because if he doesn't I've lost the first moral battle I've ever cared about]" and realize: This is not just the American voter, it's the American voter that can keep track of their account and spell and debate without namecalling. The adept end of the stupid side. For the rest of our lives this humiliation will resonate across the country

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

whats raw story dot com i want my lols to be genuine

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Cobweb Heart posted:

it's lol as hell to read the reddit that's about seriously asking trump voters about their views

you aren't allowed to be an open rear end in a top hat to people. so it's full of obscenely stupid dipshits offering simpering, milquetoast logic in response to hard questions and then ghosting out of shame. The best one is the ISP bill because that's the one and only issue baby-politics turbonerds know about, and they hate it. it's great to watch people come in with confident gotchas like "I'm certain this bill won't pass the house... the Senate... I'm quite sure Trump will stop this bill [because if he doesn't I've lost the first moral battle I've ever cared about]" and realize: This is not just the American voter, it's the American voter that can keep track of their account and spell and debate without namecalling. The adept end of the stupid side. For the rest of our lives this humiliation will resonate across the country

what ISP bill are you talking about btw? if you mean repealing that rule thing its pretty funny that nobody on reddit realises it hasn't entered force yet

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I don't understand why a bunch of deranged Internet neo Nazis would be concerned about their browsing histories being sold.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
hint: theyre all pedos

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Jose posted:

can't wait for trump to say on tv that who knew running a government was hard

also

https://twitter.com/christinawilkie...%3D3359%23pti15

Lol, "I would be afraid of women if I didn't hold so much power over them."

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Cobweb Heart posted:

AskTrumpSupporters is just a way for MAGAs to try and trick people into asking for abuse instead of their usual tactics of hunting them down, that's all.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

whats raw story dot com i want my lols to be genuine

I've never had a problem with rawstory.com. I think they basically just prey on other journalist's work (sometimes in smaller communities) and then repost it. But I don't think it's "fake news" (gently caress me for even saying that word)

He probably has only heard about her because the word "dollar" often appears after her name.

But yes the story about him asking if they've ever heard of her is definitely true.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/Sickayduh/statu...r%3D3362%23pti1

Coral Reefer
Feb 19, 2005

I touched a clown and now I am going to jail. I hope they let me keep my beard.
Grimey Drawer
Ivanka Trump, Shifting Plans, Will Become a Federal Employee -

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/29/us/politics/ivanka-trump-federal-employee-white-house.html?referer=

Hahahahah fun for the whole family!!

loving lolling on my way home right now.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

oh boy

https://www.gofundme.com/BuyCongressData

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Lol funny AF

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Yeah, I don't think it works like that. Why would Comcast/Verizon/whoever risk pissing off the people they are spending millions of dollars to lobby?

Real world example: I know someone who used to set up Comcast's call centers. They would program the numbers of influential people (local mayor, city council, etc, ie: the people that would grant them a local monopoly) into the systems so those people never experienced wait times when they called. So if they ever felt the need to investigate their constituents' claims of horrible customer service, they would call up, get right through to a customer service rep who was more than willing to help them, and assume the complaints were nonsense.\

Comcast is not going to package and sell Mitch McConnell's internet history.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Is Trump the first potus to just employ his own kids to tell him who's been saying mean things about him and help him escape the closet when he gets lost wandering the white house?

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/326352-trumps-approval-rating-sinks-to-35-percent-poll

How does he do it

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

NotWearingPants posted:

Yeah, I don't think it works like that. Why would Comcast/Verizon/whoever risk pissing off the people they are spending millions of dollars to lobby?

Real world example: I know someone who used to set up Comcast's call centers. They would program the numbers of influential people (local mayor, city council, etc, ie: the people that would grant them a local monopoly) into the systems so those people never experienced wait times when they called. So if they ever felt the need to investigate their constituents' claims of horrible customer service, they would call up, get right through to a customer service rep who was more than willing to help them, and assume the complaints were nonsense.\

All it takes is one Comcast employee who's looking for a payday.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

NotWearingPants posted:

That all happened in the real timeline, though - not in the loliverse we split off into.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

NotWearingPants posted:

Suzie Anthony is an example of somebody who has done an amazing job that is being recognized more and more.

Lmbo

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

NotWearingPants posted:

That's why it's important to get in on day 1; Before the filters are fully corrected and implemented.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

lol Trump

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

first he lies, then he lies about lying, and then he goes about thinking he's super smart for thinking of that, and then he basically does nothing else except occasionally sign a bill he didn't write. Then he fucks off and goes golfing when things get tough*.

It's a good system, so far he hasn't really been able to do much damage apart from the whole online privacy thing**.

*when he's forced to spend more than 10 hours a week thinking of something.
**that much hard decision making probably justifies at least two more weekends of golf.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

didn't he also kinda remove a lot of LGBT rights as well?

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

LOL

Also, 500 million dollar goal, second LOL

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

NotWearingPants posted:

Easy-D would sell Congress' search history without even thinking about it.
The best deals!

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Guys I'm so tired of winning

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs

Dizz posted:

didn't he also kinda remove a lot of LGBT rights as well?

Huh?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I swore he signed a bill preventing trans people from pissing in toilets or some poo poo but i guess that was just a bad dream from a lol induced coma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OrangéJéllo
Aug 31, 2001

Dizz posted:

I swore he signed a bill preventing trans people from pissing in toilets or some poo poo but i guess that was just a bad dream from a lol induced coma

http://www.advocate.com/politics/2017/3/29/trump-covertly-dismantles-obama-era-lgbt-protections

rescinded an executive order of obamas, its cool to discriminate if'n you're a federal contractor again