Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pomery
Oct 19, 2016

John Charity Spring posted:

You can see them do it, visually, if you've got the camera even vaguely close - it's when they switch from a general sort of idle stance while standing still to holding their weapons/shields out prepared to receive the enemy.

That's a mechanic I feel this total war game is lacking, I played a shitton of Rome total war and I miss unit formations like braced Spears or shield wall type things. Also calvary charging in a square instead of a wedge pains me every time.
Though I can understand why as there's a lot of development to do with each race having very unique everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Angry Lobster posted:

I don't know why, but CA has started a live stream about the nex total war, even though the countdown still has 1 day and 22 hours left:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TfTdqqjbW0

Right now is nothing more than the countdown and 1k dudes in chat spamming poo poo.

I heard something sounding like a roar!! i think??

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Jamwad Hilder posted:

When you defeat all the legendary lords and eliminate the faction during the "main" chaos invasion, they're done and won't come back. What happened in my story was I defeated Archaon (and a few others), but the faction managed to limp along for a while without being wiped out, and eventually Archaon/Sigvald/Kholek showed up again with new armies.

As Greenskins, it is your responsibility to kick Archaon in the dick but also harass the Empire so that they can't permanently kill off the Chaos Warriors faction. You do this so you can keep kicking Archaon in the dick, see?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Angry Lobster posted:

I don't know why, but CA has started a live stream about the nex total war, even though the countdown still has 1 day and 22 hours left:

Right now is nothing more than the countdown and 1k dudes in chat spamming poo poo.

You know, this would make a really cool live wallpaper.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Gejnor posted:

Dude, it's Lustria.

I'm more interested in changes to existing content. Boats, formations, making more minor factions out of redundant LLs like with Von Carstein, etc.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Placing my bet now if the countdown isn't for the next Warhammer title, then it's Total War China set near the Nanman tribes to throw everyone off.

Just gimme Guan Yu drat it.

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

Angry Lobster posted:

The whole tease is sick, first they entice you with a countdown that l leaves little to doubt. What was once idle speculation has given way to palpable hype. Then you hang on every minute, finally culminating in the moment you've been waiting for ... a trailer telling you the thing you want is still months away.

Nah I'm still pretty excited to see CGI lizards.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Monstrous cavalry Lu Bu

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Monstrous cavalry Lu Bu

Total Warhammer/Romance of the three kingdoms? I can dig it.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Stephen9001 posted:

Total Warhammer/Romance of the three kingdoms? I can dig it.

Be still your beating heart, because the rumor mill is that Seven Warring States period is the next title for the historical team.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

my Uncle works for CA, it's Total War: Animal Kingdom you have the Ape faction with Gorilla heavy infantry and monkeys with blowguns, and you fight the fierce Turtlegator Empire of the amazon

In all seriousness, I can't wait to see the history TW fans explode on Friday when it's announced that it's Warhammer 2

blindwoozie fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Mar 29, 2017

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Xae posted:

Be still your beating heart, because the rumor mill is that Seven Warring States period is the next title for the historical team.

Are you saying I'm going to become a Mortis Engine driver? Weird, but I can still dig.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

my Uncle works for CA, it's Total War: Animal Kingdom you have the Ape faction with Gorilla heavy infantry and monkeys with blowguns, and you fight the fierce Turtlegator Empire of the amazon

In all seriousness, I can't wait to see the history TW fans explode on Friday when it's announced that it's Warhammer 2

The history/fantasy divide is so weird to me. I remember when Warhammer was about to release and people we're just so aggressively anti-fantasy.

"Ohhh I'm so disappointed CA for going in this direction bloo bloo blooooooo."

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

The history/fantasy divide is so weird to me. I remember when Warhammer was about to release and people we're just so aggressively anti-fantasy.

"Ohhh I'm so disappointed CA for going in this direction bloo bloo blooooooo."

That's just the way Total War Center works.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Lassitude posted:

Dude, it's Lustria.

I'm more interested in changes to existing content. Boats, formations, making more minor factions out of redundant LLs like with Von Carstein, etc.

I'd kill to get some naval battles.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

I love the poo poo out of history, and Total War really inspired me to read a lot more about certain time periods but Total War was just made for fuckin' Warhammer. The battles are as fun as ever.

We'll never avoid the dude on TWC bitching about the 'good old days' of MTW2 when there were great, immersive features such as SQUALOR and building a diplomat to walk to the end of the earth just to say hello to another faction.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

We'll never avoid the dude on TWC bitching about the 'good old days' of MTW2 when there were great, immersive features such as SQUALOR and building a diplomat to walk to the end of the earth just to say hello to another faction.

and most importantly, no female characters or units except princesses who exist only to be married.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Gejnor posted:

I just heard a roar followed by a rat squeaking. Yeah this is Lustria.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Xae posted:

It has been rumored to be the next title since Medieval 2.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

There better be Skaven.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

So how are people spending Louen's skill points? Unlike a lot of LLs, he doesn't really have anything that jumps off the page as an obvious choice (aside from his uniques).

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

So how are people spending Louen's skill points? Unlike a lot of LLs, he doesn't really have anything that jumps off the page as an obvious choice (aside from his uniques).

Make him a combat legend then fly him into the back of poo poo.

This game needs a toggle so that you can have character on flying mounts fight on the ground. That would fix all of the issues with flyers being really weird.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

red and uniques, personally

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Deakul posted:

I'd kill to get some naval battles.

Don't hold your breath. Because Games Workshop is dumb and bad they sold the Man-o-War license to a different company.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Xae posted:

Don't hold your breath. Because Games Workshop is dumb and bad they sold the Man-o-War license to a different company.

Which has an okayish game in Steam Early Access currently.

3rd person Rpgish game where you switch between control of your ship and fighting man to man on deck. You can only play as an Empire or Chaos captain but they have most of the random crazy rear end ships from the other factions running around as enemies.

Its a weird and barebones game, like a limited and seabound Mount and Blade.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Zore posted:

Which has an okayish game in Steam Early Access currently.

3rd person Rpgish game where you switch between control of your ship and fighting man to man on deck. You can only play as an Empire or Chaos captain but they have most of the random crazy rear end ships from the other factions running around as enemies.

Its a weird and barebones game, like a limited and seabound Mount and Blade.

It's slowly getting land based features in like sieging cities and they just released an update that lets you pilot all the other faction's ships in customizable matches. If they can get enough sales they apparently want to release a playable campaign character for more factions too.

Skaven ships are really weird, by the way. They have one that is literally just a warp stone incense burner attached to a boat. Their method of fighting with the ship is to ram you and hold the incense burner over the ship like they're smoking out bees as the fumes mutate or kill everything on board.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Mar 30, 2017

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Pirates of the Burning Sea: Warhammer Edition would loving own.

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

nice total war: dominions 4 it even rhymes

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

It's a double fake. It is Warhammer II, only that's not Lustria, but a temple in Ind, the definitely not incredibly thinly veiled India of the Warhammer Fantasy world. Cathay, Nippon, hell even Khuresh incoming!

The monkey's paw bargain is that all their units are just Empire clones.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

no gently caress that I want Total War Animal Kingdoms now, holy poo poo

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
You're all gonna feel like idiots when they reveal it's actually Amazon DLC for Empire: TW.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

How do people justify net? It's such a grossly overpowered spell it makes me want to vomit every time I play against empire.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

How do people justify net? It's such a grossly overpowered spell it makes me want to vomit every time I play against empire.

You need to field a really stupid looking wizard to use it.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Vargs posted:

You need to field a really stupid looking wizard to use it.

An entire order of golden snake popes.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

I guess you could just have it all your own way and make all those ranged units worthless compared to your stuff, but maybe Empire players spend a lot of points on making sure that doesn't happen.

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush
Wondering if The Journey's End achievement (complete all quest lines for any LL) is triggering for anyone? I've completed a bunch and I've yet to get credit for it. I feel like it may be bugged.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

That is totally a Lustrian temple

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

No its actually a Klingon temple, Total War: Star-Trek to be released.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I actually really like the ambient loop they've made for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

BadLlama posted:

No its actually a Klingon temple, Total War: Star-Trek to be released.

Total War set during the time of Kahless. Historical and fantasy.

• Locked thread