Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

unlawfulsoup posted:

What do you need 32gb of ram for?

This is the guy who kept showing off the picture quality on his 4k TV by taking low-res cellphone snapshots, I think he has more money than sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.

unlawfulsoup posted:

What is he gonna not fill up all the slots like some kind of peasant?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Video editing from your couch with a 360 controller. Only explanation.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's actually 32MB of RAM, Microsoft made the same mistake.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Oxxidation posted:

I think he has more money than sense.

He needs all that memory to fit the 4k graphics in, duh-doy

E: You know what I might as well just admit that I'm jealous and wish I could afford that poo poo myself

Instant Grat fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Mar 29, 2017

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

unlawfulsoup posted:

MORE GRAPHICS!!!!!!

Oxxidation posted:

This is the guy who kept showing off the picture quality on his 4k TV by taking low-res cellphone snapshots, I think he has more money than sense.

Dude, let it go. I can't even remember what started you taking shots at me at every opportunity.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
It's about peace of mind at a cheap price. You may never need that 32GB of ram but for the low price of $30, you'll never have to know if you made the wrong decision.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm playing Musou Stars and as it seemed from the trailers it is indeed Orochi 1 but really happy and bright colored and with furries. I loved Orochi 1 and hope this one amuses me as much.

It does however have a low and jumpy frame rate...which I guess Orochi did too but my expectations are a bit higher now since the hardware is 5x as powerful but Musou graphics have hardly come anywhere since then other than higher resolution and more enemies on screen.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Titanfall 2 free weekend, double XP, and new DLC this weekend

I love the game, and have played a ton of hours on it. Respawn really screwed the pooch though in just about every way possible. The free DLC model is a joke (two rehashed maps from TF1 and a gamemode without Titans). I had hope, but they really hosed it up.

That said, it is a great game to play with a group. I wouldn't play alone

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I can only play bloodborne for 30-40 minutes tops before I get fed up and say this is bullshit but like an hour after that all I want to do is play bloodborne 🤔

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

That said, it is a great game to play with a group. I wouldn't play alone
Almost every time I hear this it's about a game I am enjoying just fine playing silently with randos.

edit: while listening to Super Robot Wars soundtracks

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Titanfall is not really a game where you can work together in my experience, you win or lose based on how well each player performs as an individual. At least in the only mode that matters. In CTF or LTS you can definitely screw people over as a team but ehhh

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

bloodychill posted:

It's about peace of mind at a cheap price. You may never need that 32GB of ram but for the low price of $30, you'll never have to know if you made the wrong decision.

I want to know where you can find 16gb of ram (or 8 I guess) for $30.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Hey I'm sure some of you enjoy playing games like Titanfall alone I just think it's a lot more fun with a group 's all plus as a new player it's be even worse

But if you don't mind playing alone then by all means :cool:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Dude, let it go. I can't even remember what started you taking shots at me at every opportunity.

I think that was me not oxxidation. And I just thought the pics were really funny, you seem like an allright dude though. Surely, you must see the humor in posting the menu screen of a game taken on a cell phone camera from ten feet away as an example of how good 4K/Pspro looks.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Hey I'm sure some of you enjoy playing games like Titanfall alone I just think it's a lot more fun with a group 's all plus as a new player it's be even worse

But if you don't mind playing alone then by all means :cool:
I'm just saying like, there are games like Battlefield that are just totally miserable to play without people watching your back, Titanfall isn't one of those. Its only "great to play in a group" in so much as anything is better with other people.

You sure as heck aren't gonna be saying helpful about the game because by the time you finish talking the thing you were going to talk about is already either dead or on the other side of the map

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

fridge corn posted:

I can only play bloodborne for 30-40 minutes tops before I get fed up and say this is bullshit but like an hour after that all I want to do is play bloodborne 🤔

Same. I changed dodge button from O to LB after playing Enter the Gungeon and to me it seems optimal place for it and I wonder why it isn't there at the first place.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

homeless snail posted:

I'm just saying like, there are games like Battlefield that are just totally miserable to play without people watching your back, Titanfall isn't one of those. Its only "great to play in a group" in so much as anything is better with other people.

You sure as heck aren't gonna be saying helpful about the game because by the time you finish talking the thing you were going to talk about is already either dead or on the other side of the map

Tbh I just want an audience for all the sick kills

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Tbh I just want an audience for all the sick kills

But you move so fast, nobody can witness your sick kills anyhow

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah I was gonna say, to me TF2 is just a bunch of individual fights somewhere on the map going on at once, maybe with the exception of the Titan only fights.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

veni veni veni posted:

I think that was me not oxxidation. And I just thought the pics were really funny, you seem like an allright dude though. Surely, you must see the humor in posting the menu screen of a game taken on a cell phone camera from ten feet away as an example of how good 4K/Pspro looks.

Nah it's him, it's a consistent thing. I'm pretty sure it was due to anti-anime comments from many months ago. And yeah I said in the same post how dumb it was to try to show how nice it looks, was just excited. I forget that some people get angry at that sort of thing.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

That's what you get for messing with anime *cracks knuckles*

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Weeaboo never forgets.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Speaking of playing with groups:

Since the free DLC model seems to hardly ever work, I just saw this on Reddit. I don't play BF1, but I think it's a great idea

quote:

As a player who owns Battlefield 1 Premium Pass you will be able to bring your friends in Battlefield 1 along to play on the new maps!

https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/introducing-premium-friends-a-word-from-our-producer

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The new bf maps are pretty disappointing imo. Not badly designed but they don't really add much.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Still a model that I hope others follow

Lol at COD ever doing something like that

Weren't the previous BF DLC maps really good?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I made fun of anime in the Vita thread once and I consider myself lucky to be alive.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Just keep anime opinions to yourself tbh any anime complaints just means they're all gonna swarm and post more anime stuff

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Since the free DLC model seems to hardly ever work

idk what you mean by this

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Just keep anime opinions to yourself tbh any anime complaints just means they're all gonna swarm and post more anime stuff
If there's been one constant in 14 years of using these forums is that people love to complain about anime while posting pictures of it and talking as excitedly as they can about it.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Join us in the Persona 5 Thread about that!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

anime, is good

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Weren't the previous BF DLC maps really good?

I liked the China Rising maps better than vanilla.

It's not that they're bad it's just France. France looks just like the old maps. I don't know enough about WWI to know what would've been a better choice but some visual variety would have been nice. Poppies and fire don't impress me much

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the dlc maps for battlefield are hit or miss (mostly miss for me in 4, but then I didn't like that game so w/e). the problem wasn't the quality tho; it was that the servers that ran them all died in a few weeks because not as many people had access to them. this premium friends thing is a step in the right direction to addressing that, but servers running dlc maps will still be less popular because most players don't group up and not all the ones that do will have a guy with premium anyway

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Manatee Cannon posted:

idk what you mean by this

what game has had free DLC and actually released consistent good content akin to paid DLC? That didn't have pay 2 win properties

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

what game has had free DLC and actually released consistent good content akin to paid DLC? That didn't have pay 2 win properties

Shovel Knight

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
But games other than CoD and Battlefield can't afford to charge for DLC maps because it will split their already smaller userbase. I prefer the model where the maps are free but they constantly release cosmetic DLC. Titanfall 2 kind of has a disadvantage in that regard because the game is so fast that cosmetic stuff can't really even be seen. People pay out the butt for Overwatch stuff because it gives you a hundred opportunities to show it off every round.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Mar 30, 2017

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

overwatch, the other tf2

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I forgot about Overwatch, yeah. Oh, and League of Legends I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Naughty Dog has been doing that for a while.

The variety of online games I play are pretty limited, maybe 2-3 titles a year. But aren't Battlefield and COD pretty much the last ones charging for maps?