Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Good Xfinity racing :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

kidcoelacanth posted:

Good Xfinity racing :eyepop:

Agreed.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I remember last year's Cup race being really good here too so here's hoping for another tomorrow.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

maffew buildings posted:

Am I brain damaged or is Keselowski actually a pretty good commentator? Am I brain damaged for watching Xfinity? :(

yes

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

are plate races at indy and mich gonna overlook the cooling mods I would kill a man in front of his own momma to see more tandem drafting

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Steve O'Donnell: "We...are going to be tough...on those, who take action against drivers on track. That said, we are NOT going to take action against Austin Dillon for his run-in with Cole Custer!"

(BOOS)

Whoa, here comes Danica Patrick. And she's got a mic!

quote:

“Give me my money back,” Patrick said. “I also got fined here [in 2016] for Kasey Kahne right-rearing me on the front straightaway at 215 miles an hour and I gave him this sign, and I got fined for that, too.

“I think NASCAR makes a really big mistake of fining for some stuff, especially something that happens in the car because it makes for good TV – just like fights and all that stuff. We can handle it. I think it’s a mistake. I might be speaking too much, but I’ve been fined a few times and I think that it makes for good TV and I think that we handle it out on the track ourselves.”

"Danica, now listen. We do things in the spirit of the rule. Just because we enforce rules the way you might not like doesn't mean you're right. I mean, we are The Association, and"

(HUGE POP)

"HERE COMES JUNIOR! AND--WHO GAVE HIM A MIC!"

"Dale, now---"

quote:

“I am serious, I would have sent him on a Winner’s Circle appearance somewhere,” Junior said. Those appearances are when drivers travel to the market where an upcoming race is being held and do interviews and promotional appearances. “None of the drivers like doing those. And we complain about it to NASCAR all the time having to go to these tracks out of market and do these appearances. Now, when we go do them we do have fun, but drivers are spoiled and we don’t like to do that stuff, so I would sign him up for an out of market appearance to promote the next Phoenix race in the fall. And I would get him — the NASCAR children’s charity can never have enough donations, so he could write a small check to them and be done with it. It doesn’t really have to be anything that is harmful really to Austin.

:vince:

quote:

“It’s that — what message do you send to all these guys that are racing at all the local tracks around the country? Are you sending the message that it is okay for them to drive into each other’s door after the race is over with?

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/danica-patrick-nascar-makes-a-really-big-mistake-of-fining-for-some-stuff-005657659.html

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Danica is right if they would let her curse out all the other drivers it would get better coverage then a monster energy girls outfit.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Larson is fuckin fun to watch

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

kidcoelacanth posted:

I still wish he'd have wound up in either the 24 or 14. :(

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
you should have seen him in an Outlaw

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

give california two races again???

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

A Good Winner.

Kyle Larson has demonstrated a mastery of Michigan and Michigan-style racetracks.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

kidcoelacanth posted:

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

kidcoelacanth posted:

Him bouncing off the wall literally every other lap at Eldora a few years ago was awesome.

By the way, iRacing dirt drops Wednesday. :getin:

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
man I'd like to say I'm excited for iRacing dirt but I just got Playerunknown's Battlegrounds on Early Access and I haven't been into a game this hard in probably a decade or more

I'll get it eventually I guess but I'm having too much fun running around in abject terror as I try to hide from a hundred other murderers

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

VikingSkull posted:

man I'd like to say I'm excited for iRacing dirt but I just got Playerunknown's Battlegrounds on Early Access and I haven't been into a game this hard in probably a decade or more

I'll get it eventually I guess but I'm having too much fun running around in abject terror as I try to hide from a hundred other murderers

You'll get fomo when everyone is gushing about it in here for a few weeks.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/quick-takeaways-from-fontana-bk-racing-is-a-great-source-of-caution-flags-so-far-004523566.html

:laffo:

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

:siren:I've signed with Waldorf Publishing to print my J.D. McDuffie book, now set for July 15, 2018 release!:siren:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I am excited for you and this and will be lined up for a copy on release day and you should really go check out the KDP thread in creative convention for cover advice because that searing neon yellow is painful to look at and your name is completely invisible the way it matches the car

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Mar 27, 2017

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
you never want

shame on an IGA posted:

I am excited for you and this and will be lined up for a copy on release day and you should really go check out the KDP thread in creative convention for cover advice because that searing neon yellow is painful to look at and your name is completely invisible the way it matches the car

Will do. The cover design will definitely change; Waldorf has a cover artist who will help me.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

LASTCAR posted:

Will do. The cover design will definitely change; Waldorf has a cover artist who will help me.

If I buy one and send it to you, will you autograph it for me?

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
you never want

VikingSkull posted:

If I buy one and send it to you, will you autograph it for me?

Absolutely!

EDIT: And that goes for anyone else here, too. :)

LASTCAR fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Mar 27, 2017

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Your daily NASFACTS check-in

https://twitter.com/NASFACTS/status/846473104410992640

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
IIRC Trump was one of the backers to the 2.5 mile super speedway they almost built near me.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

That's fantastic.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Holy gently caress Larson's stats this year: finished 2nd or better in every race, except for Daytona (he was leading with 1 to go).

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Larson is definitely the kinda guy that's gonna have it click for him and he's gonna rattle off like 4 in a row

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
you never want

Junior just broke the news that Atlanta won't repave for another year, and now all the reporters are trying not to sound threatened by a driver doing their job. Pure comedy.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

LASTCAR posted:

Junior just broke the news that Atlanta won't repave for another year, and now all the reporters are trying not to sound threatened by a driver doing their job. Pure comedy.

Did no one tell them journalism is dead?!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

L_Harrison posted:

Holy gently caress Larson's stats this year: finished 2nd or better in every race, except for Daytona (he was leading with 1 to go).

Imagine if he wasn't in a Ganassi car

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Ganassi's two cars are outperforming most of Hendrick right now, they've stepped up their game pretty well. Small sample size, but still.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Here's some light reading:

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/19026887

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I just want a 3 mile super-speedway without restrictor plates, just like Coca-Cola Speedway in NASCAR Racing Season 2003

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Turdsdown Tom posted:

I just want a 3 mile super-speedway without restrictor plates, just like Coca-Cola Speedway in NASCAR Racing Season 2003

I had a dream once where there was a 3-mile superspeedway built right in the middle of New York, where the track was surrounded by and enveloped numerous skyscrapers.

Kind of like this.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

God dammit now I have to go find my copy of XG3.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
yeah right nerds, i'm going to go play the only racing game a NASCAR fan needs

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

jeff, race the vinyl firesuit

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Cygni posted:

jeff, race the vinyl firesuit

He already was in a commercial with it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg-2Qd7kp9k

Also, Dave Rogers took a personal leave of absence from the 19 team, effective immediately:

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2017/03/29/joe-gibbs-racing-crew-chief-dave-rogers-taking-personal-leave-for-indefinite-period/

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Errybody gotta take suspicion leaves of absence of the 19 team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/status/847804433899671555

Fuz---fu--Fuzzy---Fuzzy, no. It's not worth it. Just, no. Calm down, calm down, it might not win. It's all good.

• Locked thread