Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Dear banner 3, please fork over Golbez, refia, and relm bsbs, thanks.

I have 2 pulls set aside for this and 2 for banner 4 before I sit on the rest for onion banner 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Uggggggghhhhhh it's the time of reckonin', I reckon

I have six pulls ready to go for this whole event. The plan is to go in hard fishing for the Metamorphosis Claw. If I get that, then I use my remaining pulls to try for the Veil of Wiyu and Saintly Excalibur as a bonus. Other than those three, I have pretty top notch gear all around, so I don't think I'll be able to improve my status too much by pulling on other banners. Still though, I'm putting all my eggs in this basket and praying I don't get a visit from the Rage Whale.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I just want to make these pulls and get it over with. Really hoping for one of the BSBs (Cid's would be the grand prize for me by far). I haven't had a single pull bigger than 3/11 from this event so far, so if it's gonna happen, this would be a nice time for it. Otherwise I can't be too salty, whatever else happens I ended up with OK's BSB, Maria's BSB, Yuffie's BSB, and a few other not-amazing-but-still-good SBs. Haven't pulled a single OSB on this event yet, so let's hope this isn't the banner where all of them show up at once.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I really loving want Zeromus Shard so Golbez can tank for my Dark and Mage teams, and I wouldn't mind Refia or Bartz items, but everything else is either a dupe, mediocre, or just otherwise awkward for what I already have. The dupes wouldn't even be useful since they're awkward equipment types. Shame this seems to be the last serious chance for it for a long time.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

I was hoping for Cid's BSB but I'm cool with this.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Hahaha I did three pulls and got every SSB on the banner and nothing else :shepicide:

I am so salty right now, fuuuckkk.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I think I won the pull? :shobon: Plus after mathing things out I should have juuuust enough mythril to pull on both 4 and 5 without issue.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
I did 2 pulls on this banner, went 4/22.
Noel and Laguna's SSBs.
2 copies of Cid Raines' BSB.

And I have enough mythril for 3 more pulls for the rest of the event. I understand that this is a good result?

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Did three pulls. 6/33. Not too bad.

Pull one: shura gloves and zeromus shard
Pull two: shura gloves and Gilgamesh OSB
Pull three: Relm brush and Sabin San

No Raines gloves but I could've been much worse.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Noel's SSB and Gilgamesh's OSB. drat, I was really hoping that disco ball was for Bartz because I've got his En-Wind SB. But now I have too many dupes to justify another pull. Bah.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
First pull: 3/11 Noel's stupid sword, Shura Gloves, and BOOM Metamorphosis Claw!! I decide to do another pull since there's still nice things on the banner.
Second pull: 3/11 Zeromus Shard and double Bartz OSBs

RNGsus loves me today.

That leaves me with four pulls on banner four, where I will get nothing but Chaos Rods (which I already have)

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Awww yeah

1st pull was 3/11:

2 Fire Lashes
1 Sabin Armlet

I already have Papalymo's Gloves so Fire Lash was essentially a dupe for me, and on a weapon that basically nobody can use, though I guess it might come in handy on a CM. Sabin's Armlet seems pretty meh, but since I don't have a medica for VI I guess he's my healer for the realm now lol

2nd pull was 2/11:

1 Sirius
and...Metamorphosis Claws! gently caress yeah!

Actually can't believe I got them, I was fully expecting to whiff all 3 pulls.

My mage team is officially bonkers now, with Alphinaud, Cid, Maria, and Onion Knights' BSBs for damage, Papalymo for Ley Lines, and Y'Shtola with her Wall and BSB. Though I still run into the problem where I can't realistically use Y'Shtola for both Wall and healing duty, which means I need to either bring Vanille and RW Wall instead, or slap some healing magic on OK, which...probably wouldn't work very well.

And now I need to decide if I want to pull again on this banner. I'd slotted for 3 pulls and only took 2, but I got the grand prize I was chasing. I'd love either Golbez or Refia's BSB, and wouldn't mind the OSBs for stat sticks at worst, but I think another pull might be too greedy since I'd have 4 dupes now.

Dunno what else to use it on, though. The other banners have too many dupes / duds for me. The upcoming IX banner is interesting, and Beatrix has a drat-near permanent spot on my physical A-team, but my synergy for that realm is pretty nuts at this point. Another shot at the Golden Hairpin is tempting too, just because I have jack poo poo to boost water damage.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Zeromus shard and 2x Sabin's Armlet.

I want to pull again but I'd really just be chasing Cid Raines yet again. I mean, sheepsong would be a good pull also, but... I don't think I should. I'd rather have two pulls to try for Saintly Excalibur and Veil of Wiyu

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

My mage team is officially bonkers now, with Alphinaud, Cid, Maria, and Onion Knights' BSBs for damage, Papalymo for Ley Lines, and Y'Shtola with her Wall and BSB. Though I still run into the problem where I can't realistically use Y'Shtola for both Wall and healing duty, which means I need to either bring Vanille and RW Wall instead,
I mean, what else are you going to RW?

also Quina's BSB also boosts water. All but two of the items on FF9 banner 1 are permanent +element boosting gear, and one of the two is realm locked +element gear.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

first pull: 2/11 2x noel ssb
second pull: some gun and raines bsb.

:toot:

still got 2 pulls left.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Alright I have no dupes on this banner! Time to get me a Cid Raines BSB!

First pull: 3/11 - Refia BSB, Krile Sheepsong, Noel SSB! Awesome, I'd been wanting Sheepsong for a while because I needed more MAG boosts and more Hastegas (well, until I got Shout and Vessel of Fate over the weekend...) and Refia BSB is cool.
Second pull: 1/11 - Noel SSB dupe. gently caress.
Third pull: 2/11 - Laguna SSB, Sabin SSB. Eh.

I still have 210 mythril left, but maybe it's time to move on.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
I have no dupes on banner 3.

Pull 1: 1/11 - sheepsong.

Pull 2: 1/11 - sheepsong.

:negative:

I want to pull again but now I'm scared.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
2/11

Zeromus Shard
Sirius

The Zeromus Shard is a good pull. I have a solid Dark magic team with it, Kuja's BSB and Edea's Imperil. Laguna's Ssb doesn't do anything for me outside of Cid's Missions since I already have Ramza's and Minfilia's boostgas.

I'm currently debating whether I should do a second pull here or wait for banner 4 to do my double pull. The top end of this banner seems more powerful and has more synergy with my existing gear, but none of the SSBs are useful. The top end of banner 4 is more hoping that I can flesh out my holy squad with an imperil or OSB, since Hamelin is a dupe and Ashe's OSB and Alphinaud's BSB are nice but don't have any synergy with my current gear. However, three of the SSB relics actually have some usefulness to them.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

$1 Pull - Bartz OSB. Not shabby.

Pull 1 - 1/11 Refia BSB. Nice!

Pull 2 - 2/11 Laguna SSB and Raines's BSB YEAH BOI

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Nihilarian posted:

I mean, what else are you going to RW?

also Quina's BSB also boosts water. All but two of the items on FF9 banner 1 are permanent +element boosting gear, and one of the two is realm locked +element gear.

I guess that's actually a good point. I've been so used to RWing all the SBs that I got this event that I've never even considered what I'd do if I actually had them all.

Hmmm, might have to pull on IX then, I think I'm at the point now where I'll basically be softcapping with my physical and mage teams at all times, so +element gear is starting to look more and more attractive.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Sheepsong, Sabin's SSB, and Relm's BSB, no dupes.

Pretty good considering my only healing BSB up to this point was White Materia.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

2/11

Bartz OSB
Sabin SSB

Not a bad pull. Neither is a dupe. OSB is, at the very worst, a good FFV stat stick. Sabin's is a neat niche item on a monk, which is a pretty good class now thanks to meteor strike and fire within.

Wanted Raines BSB or Golbez BSB, but the risk of dupe Refia BSB or Sheepsong make this pull just fine.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

pichupal posted:

Ice is another really sparse element for boosting equipment, with just Lulu and Snow introducing ice armor for everyone to use. If you got the Ice Rod from the first Tactics events, that's one of the few universal 5* Ice boosting weapons out there,

Oh, and current softcaps:
ATK (Global): ~700
ATK (Japan): 805 (Around Extreme fest I think. Maybe the Gogo Event?)
MAG : 1054 (For reference, the 6-hit thresholds for Maria, Papalymo and Edea's BSB are 1032, 1193 and 1205 MAG. 3-hit Tiamat is 1191)

edit: Ice really is a sparse one.

I've got FFV Icebrand, a generic 5* sword with ice boost. Haven't really put it to use yet, don't think I have any good phys ice SBs.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
4 pulls, no raines BSB, got nearly everything else (no bartz osb).. I have 50 mythril. Do I dive in once more?

Is Raines BSB recurring at any point or is this last chance?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Pander posted:

I've got FFV Icebrand, a generic 5* sword with ice boost. Haven't really put it to use yet, don't think I have any good phys ice SBs.
same, but 3 FFV Icebrands.

hooman posted:

4 pulls, no raines BSB, got nearly everything else (no bartz osb).. I have 50 mythril. Do I dive in once more?

It recurs in the next XIII event.

you might consider just RWing it though

Blockhead
Jun 6, 2003

turtle power

Fat and Useless posted:

I was hoping for Cid's BSB but I'm cool with this.

These are the three relics I got on my pull as well! What's the trick with Golbez BSB someone was mentioning a few pages ago? I couldn't seem to find it again.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Two pulls planned for this banner....

Sheep is cool if a little dated, already have Noel's BSB so yay +10?

Greg OSB is meh, but I like Greg so not sad about it. gently caress Noel though. Overall really disappointment.

Rage pull time!!!

Rage pulling prevailed! The thing I was chasing, the thing that will let me beat Nemesis, and a fourth loving Noel sword. Still will have 150 to chase TGC OSB or Onion BSB with too.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

hooman posted:

It shows up on the Jihl Nabaat event, which is pretty great if you want something for Raines since it has all his SSB+ relics on it, and some goodies for Lightning and Nabaat.

If you like Tactics, Rapha gets a pretty similar BSB trading MAG/DEF buff with a MAG/RES buff, Dark/Holy with Lightning/Non-elemental, and Powerchain for casting Cura along with her Command 1. Sadly not on the Orlandeau banner.

Pander posted:

Yeah, there are a few generic 5*s that have some boosts left I didn't mention. Ice Rod (FFT) just seemed like the most common one people would have because of Ramza Shout chasing. Very little new coming from here on out though.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Do I combine these 2 Fire Lashes or no? Normally I wouldn't, especially on something with +elemental damage, but the list of people who can use whips is so small that I can't see myself using two of them at once, especially since like half of the people who can use it are either healers or wouldn't be able to take advantage of a fire boost without RWing something anyway.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

KnoxZone posted:

Two pulls planned for this banner....

Sheep is cool if a little dated, already have Noel's BSB so yay +10?

Greg OSB is meh, but I like Greg so not sad about it. gently caress Noel though. Overall really disappointment.

Rage pull time!!!

Rage pulling prevailed! The thing I was chasing, the thing that will let me beat Nemesis, and a fourth loving Noel sword. Still will have 150 to chase TGC OSB or Onion BSB with too.

Stop encouraging me!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
My first two pulls on this were 1/11s(to make it 6 straight!!), both Laguna guns. However my second two pulls netted me Refia BSB, Raines BSB, Gilgamesh OSB, Sheepsong, and Relm BSB which is what I was chasing. Thank you lord.

Cat Pilot
Jan 29, 2003

I did two pulls, this game loves throwing mages at me:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Nihilarian posted:

same, but 3 FFV Icebrands.
It recurs in the next XIII event.

you might consider just RWing it though

I don't have native wall, so anything I want I need to bring in my party :(

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

:vince:

I am very happy with this result and glad I only did one pull.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Cat Pilot posted:

I did two pulls, this game loves throwing mages at me:

drat dude, that's basically going from zero to an entire top-tier mage team in 2 pulls. Nice!

edit: Also good lord *everybody* is pulling Cid's BSB today.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i pulled cid's bsb too!

i already had it though...

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Blockhead posted:

These are the three relics I got on my pull as well! What's the trick with Golbez BSB someone was mentioning a few pages ago? I couldn't seem to find it again.

There isn't much trick to it. Basically Command 1 -> Command 2 until it runs out.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Do I combine these 2 Fire Lashes or no? Normally I wouldn't, especially on something with +elemental damage, but the list of people who can use whips is so small that I can't see myself using two of them at once, especially since like half of the people who can use it are either healers or wouldn't be able to take advantage of a fire boost without RWing something anyway.

I'd say combine it. It's really ideal for Krile's BSB and OSB anyways.

Man, all these good pulls are really giving me the itch... only dupe on this banner is Raines BSB, but I'm gonna stare at the Extreme Fest banners for a while and try to save.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

:shrug: ah well. Can't win em all.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Urgh, trying very hard not to rage pull again. Refia's is clearly good, but getting two 1/11 is still frustrating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

My luck for this game, not great. 3/33 on this banner, Bartz OSB and 2x zeromus shard, which I wanted but would have been nice to have something else. I'm 7/69 (including dollar pulls and the free pull) since the event started, 4x different OSB, 1x dupe Cecil sword, 2x Zeromus shard. 12/102 including the 4 lucky pulls last week, including another dupe Cecil sword. It would be nice to draw more than one item at a time (not counting dupe Cecil swords).

Now to decide if I draw on this banner one more time (since I still only have 2 dupes), draw on banner 5 like I planned, or save my last 100 mythril for the Onion Knight banner.

• Locked thread