Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

lelandjs posted:

Theres at least something for everyone and lots for the broader-minded gamers. Pretty much every game, save for Voez (don't love rhythm games or Korean music) and Shovel Knight (bought it for Wii U, wasnt able to make much progess) is very much my poo poo.

Haven't bought Blaster Master Zero yet because I'm concerned its a hardcore SNES style game and I'm bad at those (see Shovel Knight) but I probably will eventually.

Blaster Master for me was a game that enjoyed robbing me of all my health for no reason but not killing me so while I only died a couple times it was pretty stressful nonetheless. The worm enemies are seriously poorly designed and made me very mad at video games.

The final level and boss though are all worth the struggle though. It's super good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ChaosArgate posted:

We've still got King Knight's campaign on the way. The other platforms will be getting the full package, Switch just went first because Nintendo helped extensively with QA for Specter of Torment, I think.

Edit: Speak of the devil.

https://twitter.com/yachtclubgames/status/847221232034430977

That's cool. I'll probably pick it up again on Switch just because I feel guilty for all the excellent free stuff. I still need to play Plague Knight.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Takoluka posted:

Your friend is extremely smart and probably very attractive, because he has the golf game.

Agreed.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I promise it's not just a bunch of goons trying to justify their Switch purchases: Neo Turf Masters is a great game, and all the Neogeo titles have great VC options. I was unhappy with the shot timer so I bumped it from 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/844929659477274624

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

snake game is really good, i am enjoying myself slithering around and making hissssss sounds

once you get the hang of the controls it's extremely satisfying to climb up big structures really quick

and if you're not trying to get all the orbs/coins you are not playing snake game right, all the really fun challenges come from the coins in particular

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Dr Cheeto posted:

I promise it's not just a bunch of goons trying to justify their Switch purchases: Neo Turf Masters is a great game, and all the Neogeo titles have great VC options. I was unhappy with the shot timer so I bumped it from 30 seconds to 2 minutes.

I really need to mess with the settings. I had no idea that you could change the shot timer.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Beastie posted:

I really need to mess with the settings. I had no idea that you could change the shot timer.

I made each credit give 99 rests since it's not really part of the game and was just there to get money.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Huh, that's great that you can essentially edit out the money-grubbing nature of its arcade roots.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Dr Cheeto posted:

I don't think I've ever actually enjoyed a golf game, thus why I imagine its still niche since there are a lot of people in the same boat about this sport genre.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

100 percent serious. Neo Geo Turf Masters is for you if you like one of these things:

puzzle games

Golf

It's a good loving game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

How's it compared to Mario Golf?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is the eshop down? Also it's nothing like Mario Golf it's a serious golf game.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dr Cheeto posted:

I'm now doubting the game's quality if Gerstmann likes it. That sullied everything.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Empress Brosephine posted:

Is the eshop down? Also it's nothing like Mario Golf it's a serious golf game.

I won't fall for this blatant troll twice in one day, mods please see them out!

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Not sure if anyone has any else has experience shopping with H-E-B, but they claim to have Switches w/ Grey JoyCons in stock. My only experience ordering online was ordering a pro controller last weekend that is due to arrive tomorrow.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If you have a basic understanding of the aim of golf, it's a pretty fun game. It's not super amazing, but it's a good way to kill a half hour. The game picks the right club, all you have to do is aim for the fairway and sometimes look at how far away the pin is and decide how much power you need. I'd say it's worth the seven bucks or whatever.

^^^ WTF, I had no idea I could order stuff from HEB online.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Metal Slug 1 is coming to the eShop? I really hope we get the whole series because gently caress yeah. If this just becomes a Metal Slug machine for me I'm in.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Variable Haircut posted:

Not sure if anyone has any else has experience shopping with H-E-B, but they claim to have Switches w/ Grey JoyCons in stock. My only experience ordering online was ordering a pro controller last weekend that is due to arrive tomorrow.

Obscure local retail chains seem to be THE place to get switches, since people don't go to those stores for electronics.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

s.i.r.e. posted:

Metal Slug 1 is coming to the eShop? I really hope we get the whole series because gently caress yeah. If this just becomes a Metal Slug machine for me I'm in.

The more platforms I can play Metal Slug on the better. It's not at Doom Piano level yet but it should be.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Aw heck yeah Metal Slug

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Obscure local retail chains seem to be THE place to get switches, since people don't go to those stores for electronics.

Well, HEB is a grocery store. Even at an HEB Plus (similar to super walmart), most people aren't going to use that as their main video game store. Doubly so for online. I had no idea HEB sold stuff online and I used to work at one and it's the only grocery store I go to.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I bought Neo Turf Masters, but tbh the golf game that I really want on Switch is Kirby's Dream Course.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

Well, HEB is a grocery store. Even at an HEB Plus (similar to super walmart), most people aren't going to use that as their main video game store. Doubly so for online. I had no idea HEB sold stuff online and I used to work at one and it's the only grocery store I go to.

I still like how it has "Butt" in its name.

Eitherway the pro controller online seems sold out, I'm going to not post about this anywhere large so some online friends get a shot at one, since I highly doubt they're lying about stock.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Nothing will ever top Advance Tour, ever.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Metal Slug needs online.

I will buy literally the entire series if that's a feature because Metal Slug is amazing. Except the one that doesn't let you play as Tarma. That one sucks.

Tarma for life.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

It's weird that the Neo Geo games have access to all of those options and even region selection but not the ability to run the game in home console mode.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Shoulda used the strap for easy removal. Rookie mistake.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Zelda drives me nuts at times. I need to ascend this tower but there's four electric wizards near it. There's no fun in that.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Empress Brosephine posted:

Zelda drives me nuts at times. I need to ascend this tower but there's four electric wizards near it. There's no fun in that.

I hung around the edge of the water and used my horse whistle to get their attention individually and pick them off on solid ground.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

lelandjs posted:

I hung around the edge of the water and used my horse whistle to get their attention individually and pick them off on solid ground.

God drat it, genius :botw:

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Does anyone in NYC know if the official store sells Switch docks?

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

Variable Haircut posted:

Thanks. This was too easy. I feel like they're going to cancel it out from under me

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Metal Slug needs online.

I will buy literally the entire series if that's a feature because Metal Slug is amazing. Except the one that doesn't let you play as Tarma. That one sucks.

Tarma for life.

Worst characters, worst gameplay, best soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkG3CmsJ9w8

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

secret volcano lair posted:

Thanks. This was too easy. I feel like they're going to cancel it out from under me

Same Best Buy could learn about making a functional web site

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lelandjs posted:

This was a good idea thanks.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

dont doxx me

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Got my Pro controller this morning and can confirm it owns extremely hard, and I decided to hook my Switch up to my monitor and now BotW is 10x better

Today is a good day

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I'm surprised it took this long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I get my pro controller tomorrow. I'm super excited

• Locked thread