Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Left joycon range test.

Test result: poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

secret volcano lair posted:

Thanks. This was too easy. I feel like they're going to cancel it out from under me

Yeah... but maybe I'll actually be able to get a Switch this half of 2017.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I think you can safely say that the switch pro controller is the best controller Nintendo's ever made

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Calaveron posted:

I think you can safely say that the switch pro controller is the best controller Nintendo's ever made

The best controller they ever made is an xbone controller with digital triggers.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Nintendo needs to start dumping out virtual console games because as in wrapping up Zelda I want to play something else on the switch and the e shop looks pretty awful right now.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

causticBeet posted:

Nintendo needs to start dumping out virtual console games because as in wrapping up Zelda I want to play something else on the switch and the e shop looks pretty awful right now.

Get golf

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

causticBeet posted:

Same here. Nintendo is stupid for not having at least a half dozen classics ready to go on Day 1. I'm in that phase where I am wrapping up Zelda and just want some new games on the go.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Consummate Professional posted:

I get my pro controller tomorrow. I'm super excited

:same: I haven't been using the dock at all and I think the pro controller is going to change that.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Cojawfee posted:

The best controller they ever made is an xbone controller with digital triggers.

Have you considered
That the xbone controller is just a SNES controller with joysticks

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Calaveron posted:

Have you considered
That the xbone controller is just a SNES controller with joysticks

Of course I have. I ponder it everyday.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

The Switch Pro d-pad is much better than the Xbone's, for one

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Xbone controller is the first mainstream controller that hurts my hands for some reason. I don't understand it since I liked the 360 one.

The Switch one is better than them all though.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

SeANMcBAY posted:

The Xbone controller is the first mainstream controller that hurts my hands for some reason. I don't understand it since I liked the 360 one.

The Switch one is better than them all though.

Do you have tiny hands or something? They are literally exactly the same except the xbone has girthier handles.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

I can't wait for CNET's savage review.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cojawfee posted:

Do you have tiny hands or something? They are literally exactly the same except the xbone has girthier handles.

Medium. I don't get it either. This is the first gen where I prefer the PS controller to Xbox.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Someone really wanted to beat the high score in "Milk"

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Pretty much any controller these days is really good, except the Playstation ones. I wish the Switch Pro had analog triggers with a click at the end though. Also I've seen people complain about Nintendo switching the X and Y buttons around but it's like bitch grab a SNES controller lmao.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I'm addicted to detached joy con mode, at least for Zelda. It's so comfortable. With sometime more intense like Splatoon I'd probably prefer the pro controller though.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

The weird matte texture on the Xbone controller and thumbsticks feels like it's grating my skin off. The ergonomics are okay outside of the weird shoulder buttons, but it feels like I'm holding a lump of sandpaper.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Detached joycons 4 lyfe

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

Someone really wanted to beat the high score in "Milk"

Achievement unlocked: Prostate Mode

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I didn't care for the Xbone controllers bulkiness either, if they just kept it similar to the 360's with a better d-part it'd be perfect

I think the Switch pro is my new default PC controller

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

chaleski posted:

I think the Switch pro is my new default PC controller

Has anyone gotten gyro working on pc yet? Lots of potential there.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Bombing a hill and eating poo poo at high speed by tumbling rear end over end because your shield broke will never not be funny

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
For anyone that is on the fence about Shovel Knight, I was too for basically the past 4 weeks and finally pulled the trigger tonight. It is excellent. If you played NES platformers at all (and enjoyed them) you will enjoy it.

One thing I like about it: it is HARD the way that old NES games were hard. Like "die in the same spot 10 times" hard.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mahoning posted:

For anyone that is on the fence about Shovel Knight, I was too for basically the past 4 weeks and finally pulled the trigger tonight. It is excellent. If you played NES platformers at all (and enjoyed them) you will enjoy it.

One thing I like about it: it is HARD the way that old NES games were hard. Like "die in the same spot 10 times" hard.

It's hard but it's always fair though unlike some classic NES games. Shovel Knight is fantastic.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

It's hard but it's always fair though unlike some classic NES games. Shovel Knight is fantastic.

True. It's hard in that you can die in the same spot 10 times, but not punishing in that there are checkpoints and as far as I can tell there are no game overs.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

This is a photoshop, isn't it? :smith:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Shovel Knight can ask the player to pull off some tricky stuff, but it doesn't punish you too harshly for failure. You have infinite lives and frequent checkpoints, so you have ample opportunity to drill down whatever it is you need to execute until it clicks.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Yooka Laylee delayed on the Switch.
No ETA as of yet.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

eonwe posted:

gj! you got lotsa bosses left

thanks to your harrowing support I managed to beat Mom's heart tonight.

Also the laser goggle that would shoot a large laser orb. That helped, too.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Inzombiac posted:

Yooka Laylee delayed on the Switch.
No ETA as of yet.

I'm sad but also not.

Delay is far preferable to half assing

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Well, I do like delayed gratification.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Bloop posted:

I'm sad but also not.

Delay is far preferable to half assing

We'll also know if the game is any good by then. I'm excited but, honestly, Banjo Kazooie 1 was the only good 3D platformer Rare did. Tooie, Conker and DK64 were all pretty bad for different reasons.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
It's spring where's ARMS

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

The only true way to experience HD rumble.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
There was an article posted ITT about a nice man who keistered a Joycon to try to play Milk in 1 2 Switch

It couldn't hold a connection once it was up his butt

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I really hope if Yooka Laylee is good it gets a cart release for the switch.

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

the whole game is so charmingly earnest i need something to replenish my irony levels now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

s.i.r.e. posted:

This is a photoshop, isn't it? :smith:

Gonna go with a "yes"

• Locked thread