Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Metapod posted:

Russ is the greatest creation this planet has ever produced and is the mvp and I won't hear otherwise

You're right except James Harden is the MVP this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Steez learned how to shoot 3s while in China.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Away all Goats posted:

Steph said in interviews after that he kept wanting to make that backbreaking 3 to get the crowd into it. aka he kept forcing his shot.

Also he was probably scared of driving into the paint cause Lebron blocked him so many times

Steph spent the last three minutes of the game clanking potential dagger 3s.

Though it still doesn't match up to Russ's Game 7 moment where he dribbled it off his foot in the last minute.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
There should be an 83rd game of this season between Houston and OKC and between Harden and Westbrook the first person to tally a triple double wins the MVP

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Libertine posted:

There should be an 83rd game of this season between Houston and OKC and between Harden and Westbrook the first person to tally a triple double wins the MVP

Make it a transition 3 competition imo

danucleus
Nov 22, 2007
hmm
Omg Blake blocks Gortat then good coast to coast for a dunk! Been so long since that has happened!! Mike Smith and Ralph Lawler agrees

E-wrong thread

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

im turning in my mvp ballot with the number one spot filled in with "one-on-one between harden and westbrook to decide"

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Panzeh posted:

Steph spent the last three minutes of the game clanking potential dagger 3s.

Though it still doesn't match up to Russ's Game 7 moment where he dribbled it off his foot in the last minute.

Blowing game 7 in the Finals off stupid mess ups is way worse than blowing a conference finals. Especially when the team becomes the GOAT team with a win.

If you really want to highlight how bad it was either rewatch the last minute or read the play by play.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Mar 30, 2017

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I made an effort post

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lmao can you imagine how good okc would be if they still had harden and durant

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Time posted:

You're right except James Harden is the MVP this year

Actually it's Russ

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

euphronius posted:

Because lebron was right there to demolish curry

Again

Just rewatched the Love Lockdown. Lebron really is looming behind Love in a threatening way.

I think it would have been almost more perfect if Curry had blown by Love only to have his life ended by his own father at the rim.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Here is Brogdon singlehandedly beating the Celtics in the fourth quarter:

https://twitter.com/UWOCoachFischer/status/847274369856356352

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Quizzlefish posted:

Just rewatched the Love Lockdown. Lebron really is looming behind Love in a threatening way.

I think it would have been almost more perfect if Curry had blown by Love only to have his life ended by his own father at the rim.

everythings threatening to a toddler, but curry couldnt avoid shaken baby syndrome

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Kibner posted:

Steez learned how to shoot 3s while in China.

i was going to say he was a decent three point shooter but then i checked and what i remember as his breakout season in washington was like 34%

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
raise your hand if you are afraid of lebron james

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/SamENole/status/847255499938582528

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Spoeank posted:

Soooooo I write for a little nothing website that wrote an article about Hinkie to the Kings.

Today a marketing company contacted the author on behalf of the Kings and requested he include the tweet from Sam Amick about the Kings definitely not going after Sam Hinkie.

So... The Kings are definitely going after Sam Hinkie.

This is rough. The Kings can't get out of their own way.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I hope the Raps get Becky Hammon after they get owned in the first round and fire Casey. Anyone within 6 feet of Pop will do a better job.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/renobighorns/status/847293226033664000

:eyepop:

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goddamm Russ. Good efficiency too. 7 tos in 1st half, 0 in 2nd.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spoeank posted:

Soooooo I write for a little nothing website that wrote an article about Hinkie to the Kings.

Today a marketing company contacted the author on behalf of the Kings and requested he include the tweet from Sam Amick about the Kings definitely not going after Sam Hinkie.

So... The Kings are definitely going after Sam Hinkie.

He wasn't in his customary stool in the tunnel today so be probably is updating guys resume in the back

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Twitter is incredible, i never knew I needed something as much as this

https://twitter.com/titanichoops/status/847292176002240512

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Lmao sorry.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Carlosologist posted:

Twitter is incredible, i never knew I needed something as much as this

https://twitter.com/titanichoops/status/847292176002240512

unreal

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

dokmo posted:

These aren't comparable in any way. The latter are hard-to-call foul/nonfoul judgement calls. Harden is definitely being fouled on his threes since defenders are impeding his shooting motion. You may not like it but those are absolutely fouls.

He flashes into what I'll call "The shooting pose" like a ballet dancer
Other players have really slowly realized what he's doing and attempted to copy it, but it requires perfect timing and for defenses to be very afraid of your drives, as you say

Carlosologist posted:

The Ringer is full of silly poo poo, but fun silly poo poo like this:

https://theringer.com/the-nba-personality-quiz-f7bb371810d4

James Harden, much like he revolutionized breakfast, is a revolutionary superstar. he's his own archetype, a chimera of sorts
I'll never forget the day James Harden declared his defection from the contemporary state of Breakfast

I got Lebron. It makes sense, because I'm also very bored of the regular season and want it to end

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Mar 30, 2017

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Hand Row posted:

Here is Brogdon singlehandedly beating the Celtics in the fourth quarter:

https://twitter.com/UWOCoachFischer/status/847274369856356352

That's my President of the United States

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I got Russ.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I am an uneducated basketball man so I don't understand if thee is a legit argument for Russ not being MVP

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The people that are voting voted for derrick rose in a similarly scattered candidate year like this season

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

ZenVulgarity posted:

I am an uneducated basketball man so I don't understand if thee is a legit argument for Russ not being MVP

There's this bearded dude who scores a lot more efficiently and does the same things(except sick dunks).

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

ZenVulgarity posted:

It always goes to the top scorer on the team with the best record, unless that team acts so unselfishly that it offends america, then the media has no choice but to pick someone else.

Westbrook can't shoot, which is really the only NBA skill that matters.

Tae posted:

The people that are voting voted for derrick rose in a similarly scattered candidate year like this season

Bulls were top record. this award is very boring and predictable. Vegas has had Harden aa - 120 or whatever for 2 months+ now.

Femur fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Mar 30, 2017

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

ZenVulgarity posted:

The argument is people don't like Westbrook and will find the most nitpickiest poo poo in every game to devalue what he did or they value advanced stats too much and shake in fear that a player without a 60+ true shooting percentage won't win every award

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Metapod posted:

The argument is people don't like Westbrook and will find the most nitpickiest poo poo in every game to devalue what he did or they value advanced stats too much and shake in fear that a player without a 60+ true shooting percentage won't win every award

Naw sorry, Barqs is just better.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

ZenVulgarity posted:

Harden is a much more efficient scorer, a better playmaker, and a better defender. Medieval numerology is really the only argument for Westbrook.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

dokmo posted:

Harden is a much more efficient scorer, a better playmaker, and a better defender. Medieval numerology is really the only argument for Westbrook.

ehhhhhhhh

Everything else is spot on. Harden is better offensively, and there really isn't a significant gap on the other side of the ball.

Kawhi is a step down offensively, but leagues better on defense. Although this year he isn't the unstoppable force he was the last couple years.

Westbrook is having an MVP-type season, but at least two other guys are having ones too that look like a stronger case.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Being fun to watch should be a part of the MVP criteria. #TeamRuss

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
The fact that our numerical system is in base 10 is the reason people think Westbrook should be MVP.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cash Monet posted:

Being fun to watch should be a part of the MVP criteria. #TeamRuss

Agreed #TeamHarden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Two Tone Shoes posted:

The fact that our numerical system is in base 10 is the reason people think Westbrook should be MVP.

A couple people on this board are robots/Mayans. Please check your privilege.

• Locked thread