Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Yeah this is real cheatin.

Pretty hard to tell unless you have a cam of them though. Have to be dumb enough to livestream while cheating :doh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcXpBYI25gU lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Is it just not obvious if you can vote kick people, or are you seriously not able to vote kick people? I have a like 1/3 ratio of "obviously team killed because the other player thinks it's funny" and a smaller portion of those are "at the end of the match, just to be a dick." Or is this a Play Only With Goons, You loving Idiot situation?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
This is beautiful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_3u3REPDBA

Shlomo Palestein posted:

Is it just not obvious if you can vote kick people, or are you seriously not able to vote kick people? I have a like 1/3 ratio of "obviously team killed because the other player thinks it's funny" and a smaller portion of those are "at the end of the match, just to be a dick." Or is this a Play Only With Goons, You loving Idiot situation?

As far as I can tell you can report people for cheating and that's it. You can't report people for yelling racial slurs into the mic or teamkilling or anything like that, although if they do keep teamkilling the game will auto-kick them. But then people just do it at the end like you say, so the devs need to wake up.

VVV I swear last I tried that option was totally greyed out, but maybe I was missing something obvious

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Mar 29, 2017

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Shlomo Palestein posted:

You can totally vote kick people. Bring up the score board and click their name. Option should be there.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Reporting people can be for anything. If someone is racist and gets a ton of "cheating" reports they'll still get banned

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Here's some actual cheating footage:

Hactar
Aug 8, 2004

Coup de Grace
You can’t votekick in ranked though.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Please let FUZE activate any unused cluster chargers on his body upon death.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Also, let him attach cluster charges on other operators.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

AnElegantPeacock posted:

You can totally vote kick people. Bring up the score board and click their name. Option should be there.

There is then a 90% chance they won't be kicked despite being AFK two rounds.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

PLEASE let FUZE activate any unused cluster chargers on his body upon death.

Could work for a new operator - Detonation Accelerator - point it at a window and it detonates any gadgets that are placed there, as soon as they're primed. Jams drones just like a Signal Disruptor. Sometimes it's a breach charge, and then you kill any fool dumb enough to plant it on your window. Sometimes it's a Fuze charge :getin:

I assume that the new operators will be pretty high tech, so that would fit nice.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Also you can't votekick on matchpoints.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Kikas posted:

Could work for a new operator - Detonation Accelerator - point it at a window and it detonates any gadgets that are placed there, as soon as they're primed. Jams drones just like a Signal Disruptor. Sometimes it's a breach charge, and then you kill any fool dumb enough to plant it on your window. Sometimes it's a Fuze charge :getin:

I assume that the new operators will be pretty high tech, so that would fit nice.

ICE Breaker - Defender with a screen similar to the one IQ has, that can remotely activate any placed gadgets. Can also take control of enemy drones.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://youtu.be/UVizTXszzwc

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

HELL YEAH

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
you can tell if someone is hacking by if they kill you ever at all

this is absolute definitive proof because there is in fact no possible way that another human being could ever be better than you at videogames we play after drinking booze and taking bongrips

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I was accused of hacking once after I injured and then killed someone with the twitch drone...

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I get accused of hacking at least once a week and I'm loving terrible.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Nobody accuses me of hacking but that's cuz I'm so skillful that it's clearly skill and not TAS(iege)

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

The Duggler posted:

Nobody accuses me of hacking but that's cuz I'm so skillful that it's clearly skill and not TAS(iege)

Thank you for carrying me, friend.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Caught one in the earmuff.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

So what's the gooncenus on Mira? She a cool cutie who I wanna play but I'm not exactly sure how to go about placing those wall mirrors but then again I'm not back home for another month so :v:

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Flipswitch posted:

So what's the gooncenus on Mira? She a cool cutie who I wanna play but I'm not exactly sure how to go about placing those wall mirrors but then again I'm not back home for another month so :v:

A really good mirror can easily turn into a really really bad one if your team shoots it out so she can be really cool in situations where that doesn't happen

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

A skill that relies on my team not goofing it? Sign me up

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Flipswitch posted:

Mira needs to watch out for twitch drones. My personal favorite move is to pop the bottles before the round even starts. Need to set them up when there is just a few seconds remaining to avoid this.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Flipswitch posted:

The vector is real good. Mirrors are for late round shenanigans.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Mira needs to watch out for twitch drones. My personal favorite move is to pop the bottles before the round even starts. Need to set them up when there is just a few seconds remaining to avoid this.

I want to start using Twitch now.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

Mira is super situational, some spots she's good, some spots she's useless. I've had the best luck trying to find a spot where I can hunker down and use the mirrors to gain visual angles, while still having the freedom to shift that visual angle into a shoot-through-walls angle. Usually having a mirror directly in the objective pointing out is bad, they'll just pop it and use it against you.

An example: Say it's secure on House in kid's bedroom, I like to hunker down in construction, have a mirror looking over west stairwell and then a mirror overlooking the rest of the foyer/master bedroom+bathroom, both reinforced with no reinforcements around them so I can shoot around them. That way I can cover foyer stairs, master bedroom, bathroom, and west stairs.

The hardest part of playing Mira is yelling at teammates not to reinforce right beside your mirror.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Cheers dudes,might just stick to my current roster then. Before i left on my travel i liked sabotaging the mirrors with Twitch whose new elite uniform :swoon:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Sometimes Miras near the objective are also good. They're primary an intel tool like many others.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
One way to place Mira window is to put two side by side. This way you can break one to shoot out of while using the other for observation.This was actually used in the recent pro league game. They placed the two windows in storage protecting laundry. Other good candidate for such placement is normally difficult to defend outer wall like garage door on Chalet and House, or armory wall on balcony on Border so you can kill the enemy's Hibana/Thermite.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
A good rule of thumb is to NEVER EVER* break the mirror on purpose as a defender. They're an excellent intel tool but they very often turn into deathtraps for the defending team after someone decides to use them as an enormous kill hole in the objective room (or Twitch breaks them).

*rules are made to be broken and occasionally you'll find yourself in a situation where it's a great idea to break a mirror. Only do this if you're absolutely sure it will work in your favor and not gently caress your team over in the future.

It helps if you put the mirrors outside of the objective room in defensive approaches so that they don't leave the objective vulnerable after they get broken.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://streamable.com/s0qq4

:stare:

edit:

Here's an earlier killcam with him:
https://streamable.com/4vbr2

Dude has 56 different Uplay aliases.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Mar 30, 2017

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Totally legit.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
BattleEye has been going nuts banning people today.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
When playing with randoms, why does no one know how to vote to kick? I will start a vote when someone is afk, team kills, or is just a tremendous gently caress up, and I either get no votes, or 3/4 getting that one rear end in a top hat who doesn't.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
This is a new one to me.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Knifegrab posted:

Totally legit.

I don't get why you would cheat, how is that fun? Its too easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Video games aren't for having fun, they're for WINNING.

• Locked thread