Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Am I marrying him too??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

a.lo posted:

Am I marrying him too??

No me.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Legalise fish marriage so I can gently caress that fish

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
I regret not buying a piss tower Link amiibo 2 years ago

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

obviously VC would be great, but Master Blaster 0, Shovel Knight, FAST RMX, Snipperclips and VOEZ are all excellent and not getting nearly enough praise. Zelda dominates the conversation but these are all great games.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

well why not posted:

obviously VC would be great, but Master Blaster 0, Shovel Knight, FAST RMX, Snipperclips and VOEZ are all excellent and not getting nearly enough praise. Zelda dominates the conversation but these are all great games.

Those games get mentioned on literally every page though

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
You kind of have too.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Infinitum posted:

Alternatively, just legalize fish loving. I ain't waiting until the wedding bells with that guy.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Forgot to post in here during the aftermath of the Great Best Buy Switch War, but I emerged with what is purportedly a Nintendo Switch coming to my house on Friday.

Then I will hopefully have time to set it up before having to go to my night shift job, let Breath of the Wild download digitally, and then sink the entire weekend into Zelda.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Soul Glo posted:

Those games get mentioned on literally every page though

yeah because they rule.

Has anyone completed FAST RMX yet? I'm only just now in the second league and have about half of the spacewhips unlocked. I'm honestly surprised at how hard I'm finding it. It really feels like certain machines are best suited to certain circuits and it can be tricky to remember which pair well. The mueller seems to be the best all-rounder I have at the moment.

DigitalDud
Sep 6, 2005
I'm calling it now for 2018, the New Switch XL with an iPad-sized display that permanently runs in the "docked" turbo mode at 1080p.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://twitter.com/smealum/status/844749110049615873

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Thats not per month, thats just this month because so many salty pc only owners wanna piece of zelda. Once that get running perfect those numbers will drop. They better milk it while they can.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

I know emulation is a bit of a legal grey area anyway but making $22k feels like it should tip over to 'a bit dodgy'.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

It's not a gray area at all, Nintendo just seems to think that if they pretend that it is for long enough that their wishes we be willed into existing as law.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

It's not a gray area at all, Nintendo just seems to think that if they pretend that it is for long enough that their wishes we be willed into existing as law.

Emulation in itself isn't against the law AFAIK. However, piracy is, and you can be sure that most emulator usage comes​ from using illegally obtained ROMs.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

From what I've read, one of the legal lines around emulation is whether you do it via legitimate reverse-engineering or by working directly off of the company's internal documentation, and in fact one of the potential issues with cemu is that nobody knows whether they're doing the latter.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

DigitalDud posted:

I'm calling it now for 2018, the New Switch XL with an iPad-sized display that permanently runs in the "docked" turbo mode at 1080p.

Here's hoping

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

DigitalDud posted:

Is this a toxx? :getin:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wheany posted:

Alternatively, just legalize fish loving. I ain't waiting until the wedding bells with that guy.

Premarital fish loving? Disgusting.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sidon is a good fish and he would never rush you to doing something you don't want.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Target near me had 3 on the shelf when I was there this morning.

What the gently caress!!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Emulating a console which has been out less than a month isn't a grey area, it's just lovely.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

Emulating a console which has been out less than a month isn't a grey area, it's just lovely.

They're emulating the WiiU, not the Switch

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Inzombiac posted:

Yooka Laylee delayed on the Switch.
No ETA as of yet.

Is it a delay if they haven't given it an announce date in the first place?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Infinitum posted:

Was hoping this game would have sexy fish and boy did it. A hot fish man flashes his teeth at me and my sexy ghost fish girlfriend has an ancient psychic tandem war elephant

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

irlZaphod posted:

There are switch emulators now?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

irlZaphod posted:

Why?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Lmao it's not a grey area at all. I mean I've used emulators for decades but I'm not on any moral high horse about what I'm doing.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

bef posted:

What the gently caress!!

Perks of living in the Rust Belt :smithicide:

Valen
Oct 1, 2009
Target came through for me too. I checked online on a whim and saw "Limited Stock" at the one near my work. Stopped in a few minutes after it opened and they had 2 grey ones, so I made a questionable purchasing decision a week before I have a long airplane trip. The guy at in the electronics department was as surprised as I was they had any in stock. Zelda tho...

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Tender Bender posted:

Lmao it's not a grey area at all. I mean I've used emulators for decades but I'm not on any moral high horse about what I'm doing.

I really don't get what you're trying to say

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Perks of living in the Rust Belt :smithicide:

I'm here too! I looked online and a target has one (1) switch 40miles away

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tender Bender posted:

But surely you've only used it for Homebrew games or for cartridges you own and have ripped yourself.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If anything a switch emulator might motivate Nintendo into finishing their console and giving us a online infrastructure and VC.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Wheany posted:

I really don't get what you're trying to say

He's jerking himself off over how smart he is to use :filez: instead of his hard earned money!!!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Infinitum posted:

They're emulating the WiiU, not the Switch
Oh sorry, for some reason I thought cemu or whatever it's called was a Switch emulator. I thought I saw mention of it in here in the days after release.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Why is it still impossible to find a switch for sale?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

ikanreed posted:

Why is it still impossible to find a switch for sale?

Because Luigi's slow rear end can't get them out fast enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Jimmy Hats posted:

He's jerking himself off over how smart he is to use :filez: instead of his hard earned money!!!

Yeah, but using pirated games is a separate issue and does not make emulation itself illegal, immoral or "lovely"

• Locked thread