Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Wendell posted:

But what's your stance on anime?! Hurry!!!

*crashes through wall*

Please purchase hit anime shooter Gal*Gun Double Peace on your Sony PlayStation 4 today!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

any anime skin recommendations for the outside of my ps4?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Can't confirm that specific team off the top of my head but yeah, various 2K games have different historic NBA teams, the Dream Team, etc.

Cool thanks

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

any anime skin recommendations for the outside of my ps4?

Please use the Megadimension Neptunia VII skin that comes with your Special Edition.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I can see EA flexing its muscles like this, especially in light of the Activision fallout/lawsuit, and the way Respawn leeched talent straight out of Infinity Ward, in a manner that seemed premeditated.

The Respawn people are extremely talented, but they like to play with fire, it seems.

If nothing else I wouldn't fault EA for looking at TF2 and thinking it could kill COD, no matter how wrong they were. The problem is that people that put in extra effort into finding new games to play aren't really the majority and brand recognition is a hell of a thing.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I'm bad at HZD and keep getting wrecked by the big machine at the end of this first cauldron.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That thing is really drat hard. probably one of the harder things in the game imo. Make sure to leave traps all over for it before you let it out. Also, if you need to you can fast travel out of cauldrons to stock up on supplies. up and down on the dpad changes floors if you are looking at the map and floor 1 is the overworld.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Its a medium size machine not a big one, get it right

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I'm doing cauldrons last for some reason at level 50. P easy

Some of those hunting trials though, gently caress

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
I've been playing through the uncharted games getting ready to play uncharted 4.

I'm really enjoying 3 but Jesus the gun play sucks bullet sponges everywhere. Does it get better come uncharted 4?

Also HAD is great but I've got to the point where to be honest I just want it to end it's started to get boring

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I saw the word Uncharted and immediately hit "Post Reply", I don't know the content of the rest of the post but just wanted to say the enemies in Uncharted are not bullet sponges, if you shoot them in the head with a pistol and they don't have a helmet or are a nonhuman color they die instantly

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
You only need to do cauldrons if you want to override dinos, if you don't care there is no rush at all.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I dunno, TF2 is fun and good. Add me for MP fun times. PSN is DocFuzz.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

unlawfulsoup posted:

You only need to do cauldrons if you want to override dinos, if you don't care there is no rush at all.

Ah ok, so that answers the constant "If I could only learn how to override it" comment that Aloy keeps saying. I haven't come up to any cauldrons yet.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

You Am I posted:

Ah ok, so that answers the constant "If I could only learn how to override it" comment that Aloy keeps saying. I haven't come up to any cauldrons yet.

They are the weird triangles on your map, I think they show up specifically when you climb the tallneck for that area. Cauldrons have an interesting atmosphere and take like 15-30 minutes to clear, they are not particularly difficult, just be wary there is always a pseudo Dino-boss fight in a little ring at the end. They are mostly the same in appearance, but being able to override robodinos is amusing so there is no reason to not do them.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
In Musou Stars there's a barrel in your base and every character says "barrel!" When they see it. This is very important.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

In Musou Stars there's a barrel in your base and every character says "barrel!" When they see it. This is very important.
Please upload a clip of Lu Bu seeing the barrel

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

homeless snail posted:

Please upload a clip of Lu Bu seeing the barrel
https://twitter.com/Laboarch/status/847370003464634369

edit: I am completely un-used to dealing with PS4 video clips and there was probably a better way to do that.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Mar 30, 2017

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Thank you.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

the enemies in Uncharted are not bullet sponges

Yeah but when you don't hit them in the head they don't really give a gently caress and just keep doing what they're doing. You can have a dude take 10 bullets before dying and not be called spongey if he reacts to it better.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mordiceius posted:

I'm bad at HZD and keep getting wrecked by the big machine at the end of this first cauldron.

Elemental Arrows are what you need to really kill the big machines. That and the Tear-inflicting Arrow types to knock off components. Don't plink away at their HP, dismantle them piece-by-piece and shoot the weakpoints your Focus identifies.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Samurai Sanders posted:

edit: I am completely un-used to dealing with PS4 video clips and there was probably a better way to do that.

God fuckin' bless this game

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

kirbysuperstar posted:

God fuckin' bless this game
God didn't bless it unconditionally because the frame rate is bad as hell compared to Berserk Musou, at least on the Pro. Besides being overall embarrassingly low for a game series which has never been about fancy graphics (or good gameplay, or a good story, or good...almost anything, but I still love it), it has a regular hitch in it every several frames. I hope it gets fixed at some point.

edit: I also saw this hiccup in the brief time I played Zelda Musou on the WiiU. Did they ever fix that?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Mar 30, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Samurai Sanders posted:

lol

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

What a nice Atelier Injoke. I love it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Surprised more people in this thread aren't talking about the new Dark Souls 3 DLC 👀
Invading the second bonfire area is so much filth, it's super active on PS4 at the moment.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Surprised more people in this thread aren't talking about the new Dark Souls 3 DLC 👀
Invading the second bonfire area is so much filth, it's super active on PS4 at the moment.
Probably because Dark Souls 3 was a little disappointing and the first DLC didn't do much to change that.

I'm a huge Souls fan, I've got the platinum in every game so far (including 3) but I really don't feel much need to get the DLC.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
So far I'm not enthralled by any aspect of Musou Stars other than watching Lu Bu do stuff.

https://twitter.com/Laboarch/status/847397875084517376

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Akuma posted:

Probably because Dark Souls 3 was a little disappointing

What the gently caress...

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Pablo Gigante posted:

This happens when people build up expectation and hype.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Pablo Gigante posted:

It's the only Souls or related series game that I haven't finished even once yet. I can't put my finger on it but it didn't grab me like any of its predecessors.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Pablo Gigante posted:

It's not an entirely uncommon opinion. I sort of agree with it too.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Pablo Gigante posted:

It was a step backwards from Dark Souls 2 in a lot of ways and has a lot of design issues for me, like enemies feeling like they're in Bloodborne but the player is still in a Dark Souls game. The DS1 nostalgia just rubbed me the wrong way.

DS2 felt fresh, despite its warts. They got so much right with that game.

DS3 dropped almost literally every advancement from DS2 and felt like a weird mix between DS1 and Bloodborne (which also lacked a lot of nice poo poo that was added to DS2.)

Edit: when comparing it to DS2 I'm thinking primarily of Scholar of the First Sin.

Akuma fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Mar 30, 2017

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
So if the only way souls game I've played is bloodborne (and holy poo poo i am bad at bloodborne) but i wanted to play another, I should play ds2 before ds3??

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

They're very different games. I've played 2 before 3 and then 2 again after 3 and they feel totally different.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

did DS3 bring the rat covenant back? Best part of 2 imo.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

fridge corn posted:

So if the only way souls game I've played is bloodborne (and holy poo poo i am bad at bloodborne) but i wanted to play another, I should play ds2 before ds3??

eh, in many ways ds3 is the better game, but i personally prefer ds2. They're both good, but ds2 is going to seem really slow coming from BB. ds3 not quite as much.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

DS3 is good but they tried to mesh Bloodborne mechanics with DS1 mechanics while ignoring just about everything good from DS2 and it didn't really work out that well.

quote:

They're both good, but ds2 is going to seem really slow coming from BB. ds3 not quite as much.

They felt so different to me that I didn't have a problem adjusting at all. BB to DS3 was harder because you're not as fluid as in BB, but the enemies are.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Not putting in Bonfire Ascetics was a dumbass move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Playing DS3 after BB is going to feel like you are moving underwater while getting wombo comboed by even basic shitknights. The bonfire placement is usually more forgiving though.