Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

I forgot that tv seasons used to be really long. Every season of Frasier has 24 episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Apparently taping would go relatively quickly (one 3-hour sitting of one live audience compared to two 5-hour tapings with two audiences for one episode of Friends :stonk:) and it really is like a play in how it's written and acted. The Frasier apartment is a masterwork in set and stage design. There are 'smarter' shows on now but as far as network television goes everything about Frasier was a class act, and that was really uncommon at that point.

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!

us vs also us posted:

GRRR, NILES!!! *Frasier begins frothing and barking like a dog, gets down on all fours and tears around the apartment. Their small dog Sparky lies died, assuredly at Frasier's hand*

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

afeelgoodpoop posted:

adult sitcom of nineties 'wow aren't we a bunch of pompous classist assholes, haha!"

child show of the nineties

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZC14BNLXZE&t=519s

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Apologies if this has been posted already, but this is required viewing for the thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSK1UeD9nvE

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Apologies if this has been posted already, but this is required viewing for the thread:

gently caress im gonna have to revisit this show aren't I

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2hs0oZ6JuQ

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I just read this entire thread in one sitting to make sure nobody had posted this yet :mad:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

I so very can't believe this was actually part of an episode.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
FRASIER: "Niles."
NILES: "Frasier."

Remember that ep? Fuckin lol

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

KomodoWagon posted:

FRASIER: "Niles."
NILES: "Frasier."

Remember that ep? Fuckin lol

The eyebrow waggles aren't scripted but they convey so much extra! :heysexy:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I have been watching this show half my drat life and I just now realized Frasier has two drat phones in the living room like 10 feet from each other.

The one they usually use is by Martin's chair but there's another one on the little table to the right of the entrance to the kitchen.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Why two phones in the living room??

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Maybe one's his personal/shrink line, the other is for the apartment so Daphne or Martin can be on while he's talking to a patient? (but I just realized he's not doing private practice almost at all during the show)

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
There's no way Martin wasn't spending hundreds a month on phone sex lines.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Why two phones in the living room??

In that era, you'd have one corded phone and one cordless.

The corded phone was probably supplied by the phone company, was a requirement of having a phone line with them as was available in an exciting range of 3 colours of a single, basci model

The cordless phone was one that you bought and actually used.

You kept the original phone - even if it weren't hard wired in - because analogue cordless phones would always run out of battery during the day due to their crap batteries, especially if you had a hectic social life like the Frasier household

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The episode where Frasier irreparably destroys or loses Martin's chair and he goes to great lengths and cost to replace it exactly as is leading to the punchline that it was now the most expensive piece of furniture in his apartment is still the best thing ever played on tv

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Why are they always so mean to Lilith if she's nothing but cordial and polite to everybody I mean yeah she's cold and was kinda rude once or twice but that was only in response to the Crane boys attacking her first

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

still loling about tim allen being the biggest piece of poo poo ever. loving snitched lol.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Calaveron posted:

Why are they always so mean to Lilith if she's nothing but cordial and polite to everybody I mean yeah she's cold and was kinda rude once or twice but that was only in response to the Crane boys attacking her first

I've always assumed she took Fraiser to the cleaners in the divorce.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Vakal posted:

I've always assumed she took Fraiser to the cleaners in the divorce.

Dude moved as cross country as you can possibly get to a swanky new apartment and pays for his dad and his dad's caretaker who he also paid for on the basis of an always shaky paycheck in a highly volatile industry

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

Calaveron posted:

Why were the F.R.I.E.N.Ds always so mean to Janice when she was really really kind and friendly I mean yeah she was a bit over the top but it's not like anyone ever told her she was making them uncomfortable.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
I wish Roz was naked

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

luncheon meat posted:

I wish Roz was naked

:q:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Disgusting Coward posted:

Why were the F.R.I.E.N.Ds always so mean to Janice when she was really really kind and friendly I mean yeah she was a bit over the top but it's not like anyone ever told her she was making them uncomfortable.

It could be because she would put Chandler through the ringer.

I love that actress. She is so good at playing annoying pieces of poo poo. She reprised that role in spirit on Curb Your Enthusiasm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAwlx0aTBi4

"LOL, Larry. LOL."

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

jb smoove was the best thing about curb your enthusiasm.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Goddamnit this thread is going to make me rewatch the series again

Solice Kirsk posted:

Just wait! Diedrich Bader is Roz's date in one of my favorite episodes! The one where Frasier and Niles buy a restaurant.

This episode was amazing.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I'm not going to deny that. He makes that show exponentially funnier.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Frasier seems to love slutshamimg Roz

Do they ever hook up?

I'm 4 seasons in and wondering if this is some Donna and Josh Lyman style stuff or if she's gonna rage quit to work for Dan Savage once it hits the late 90s

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZEIMQ42-oU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Calaveron posted:

The episode where Frasier irreparably destroys or loses Martin's chair and he goes to great lengths and cost to replace it exactly as is leading to the punchline that it was now the most expensive piece of furniture in his apartment is still the best thing ever played on tv

I rewatched that tonight due to this post and there are some grade-A boner jokes in that episode.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

maskenfreiheit posted:

Frasier seems to love slutshamimg Roz

Do they ever hook up?

I'm 4 seasons in and wondering if this is some Donna and Josh Lyman style stuff or if she's gonna rage quit to work for Dan Savage once it hits the late 90s

They do once
Also I read Roz got pregnant not because Peri Giplin was too (she wasn't at that point irl) but because the producers decided there needed to be consequences to Roz always sleeping around so that was kinda lovely

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Even though they made a pretty good joke about it when she discovered she was pregnant (condoms only work 99 percent of the time. I can't beat those odds)

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Calaveron posted:

lilith is actually hillary clinton

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

he's great but the best thing was actually the palestinian chicken

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

ArmZ posted:

he's great but the best thing was actually the palestinian chicken

Goddamn do I love that episode. It's so drat perfect.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Bogus Adventure posted:

It could be because she would put Chandler through the ringer.

I love that actress. She is so good at playing annoying pieces of poo poo. She reprised that role in spirit on Curb Your Enthusiasm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAwlx0aTBi4

"LOL, Larry. LOL."

she really hit her stride on californication

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSp6e5fGQpY

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Is this the thread where we talk about how I want Roz to whisper the nastiest poo poo in my ear

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Well *I* only read the New Yorker and eat Fancy Feast.
Roz is the best character for more than one reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Roz was a degenerate