Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I wonder if that basically guarantees a sixth season, given that 88 episodes are an extremely lucrative sell for streaming services.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Let's crank that Clarke death count even higher!

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Vermain posted:

Let's crank that Clarke death count even higher!

We're going to have Clarke be genociding aliens before this is over.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

God dammit, no episode this week?

All these arbitrary breaks should be punishable by death.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

enraged_camel posted:

God dammit, no episode this week?

All these arbitrary breaks should be punishable by Clarke

ftfy

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MiddleOne posted:

We're going to have Clarke be genociding aliens before this is over.

gently caress YES

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Fucck no episode this week?? At least colony was on

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

C'mon chancellor, just hang the kid real quick and restore order. He did gently caress you over super hard. Laffo that no one died though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

With the way that scene was edited at first I was sure they weren't actually going to show Lincoln

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Poor Raven can't catch a drat break, can she? She's this show's Chief O'Brien: great at engineering, bad at not getting repeatedly sucker punched by the writing staff.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
By now Octavia killed so many people for all sorts of reasons but to execute the motherfucker who just exploded her people home? Nope, thats going too far

Also, wtf did the azgeda traitors wanted those barrels for? "yeah lets screw the only chance we all got of surviving by stealing the rocket fuel for yourselves because...???"

edit: I cant remember the origin of that girl who's loving Claire

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Mar 17, 2017

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
I think she is the Trader that got occasional scenes in the past few seasons

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

BabyFur Denny posted:

I think she is the Trader that got occasional scenes in the past few seasons

Yup.

Also I love Clarke's explanation for her sticking around. "I really just want a booty call but uh... you'll get vaccinated from rads here first!"

God she sucks so hard now.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

For someone who's spent the past three seasons fast-talking her way out of situations and crowing endlessly about The Needs Of Her People, Clarke just loving rolls over and puts the entire future of the world at stake because someone put a knife to her throat. Why not just sit there and refuse? Bellamy even points out that none of the Azgeda know how to drive, so why doesn't Clarke fold her arms and tell them to go get stuffed?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Vermain posted:

For someone who's spent the past three seasons fast-talking her way out of situations and crowing endlessly about The Needs Of Her People, Clarke just loving rolls over and puts the entire future of the world at stake because someone put a knife to her throat. Why not just sit there and refuse? Bellamy even points out that none of the Azgeda know how to drive, so why doesn't Clarke fold her arms and tell them to go get stuffed?

Because its always easier to gamble with other people's lives than with your own.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Dalael posted:

Because its always easier to gamble with other people's lives than with your own.

It just feels weirdly out of character for her. She starts season 3 living by herself in the woods wrestling with future panthers to survive, and ends it by putting her life in serious peril via pumping herself full of nightblood. Just one episode ago, she gambled that Roan wouldn't simply shank her while they were alone. She's been clearly established as someone who's grown increasingly unafraid of personal danger in pursuit of her goals, so why back down now, in a situation where she's got all the cards, the outcome of which will decide the future of the human race?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
But more important: what the azgeda guys wanted that fuel for?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Elias_Maluco posted:

But more important: what the azgeda guys wanted that fuel for?

Roan has some line about how they're gonna use them to make bombs (do they even know how to do that?) because there's fighting in Polis over... something (control of the city?). The whole thing makes it seem like they started the script by writing, "ROAN jumps from the back of a car to another car," and went backwards from there.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Vermain posted:

The whole thing makes it seem like they started the script by writing, "ROAN jumps from the back of a car to another car," and went backwards from there.

Lets be honest this is as good a writing prompt to start a script with as anything else in this show.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

So even if they make the mass nightblood serum for everyone, won't all the plants and animals all still die? I guess they can eat rocks or each other :v:

Murphy keeps finding better and better hideouts.

Every episode they are becoming more and more like Mt Weather. And it owns.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

There is absolutely no way that the writers of this program included the phrase "black rain" multiple times in previous episodes for it to not ironically turn into a rain of nightblood that manages to protect everything... somehow.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Vermain posted:

There is absolutely no way that the writers of this program included the phrase "black rain" multiple times in previous episodes for it to not ironically turn into a rain of nightblood that manages to protect everything... somehow.

The rocket explodes on re-entry and the cure is distributed worldwide.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

That was a... surprisingly good episode, especially considering the quality of the previous one. This show's forte has always been intense, small-scale character drama, and everything in the episode fit the bill. The reveal at the end was especially great; I like watching John Murphy constantly teetering on a knife's edge between being a self-sacrificing hero and an out-for-himself sleazeball, and there was some definite discomfort in his face at the start. I find him to be the show's most interesting character.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Vermain posted:

That was a... surprisingly good episode, especially considering the quality of the previous one. This show's forte has always been intense, small-scale character drama, and everything in the episode fit the bill. The reveal at the end was especially great; I like watching John Murphy constantly teetering on a knife's edge between being a self-sacrificing hero and an out-for-himself sleazeball, and there was some definite discomfort in his face at the start. I find him to be the show's most interesting character.

Yeah he's definitely had the most character development out of all the characters. Imori was just fuckin ruthless this episode, hell yeah :boom:

Every time Clarke or Kane tried to give advice in last night's episode though, ughhhhh. Shut the gently caress up you two, it's like just trying to mansplain(only coming from Clarke) and Kane trying to drop some moral advice that is completely unnecessary. And Octavia always fiending for that grounder D :wtc:

I thought it was a pretty solid episode, even if some of the drama was pretty contrived. Harper getting super depressed cause she didn't help the guy didn't make much sense to me, since that dude was like literally yanking her jacket off of her outside and almost looked like he was gonna pull her down to get past her, but eh.

Vermain posted:

...gently caress, if you predicted this poo poo my hat is off to you.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

As an aside: Harper is loving ripped. She looks like she could punch a house in half!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Johnny Truant posted:

...gently caress, if you predicted this poo poo my hat is off to you.

This thread is awesome at figuring this show out. Remember when somebody realized that the symbol from the key was the show's logo?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Vermain posted:

As an aside: Harper is loving ripped. She looks like she could punch a house in half!

lol when she ripped her clothes off I was like "holy poo poo, Harper's got a six pack, daaaaaaamn!"

Rhyno posted:

This thread is awesome at figuring this show out. Remember when somebody realized that the symbol from the key was the show's logo?

For real. I was thinking about the black rain theory and was like, poo poo, that makes a lot of sense.

They have enough fuel to go to space, so who's gonna sacrifice themselves to save humanity!? Probably Raven since she's got that brain thing.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Johnny Truant posted:

They have enough fuel to go to space, so who's gonna sacrifice themselves to save humanity!? Probably Raven since she's got that brain thing.

I don't know, they specifically mentioned Raven's brain will heal if she takes it easy, it'll be Abby to sacrifice herself I'd guess.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Kane did a pretty piss poor job of addressing the fact that his head security guy basically pulled a coup on him in the last episode. :colbert:

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Vermain posted:

Yeah, the actress has a great Twitter account. She's a fitness nut and trains with the same guy who trains the guys to bulk up.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Oh hey someone calls out the Mt. Weather comparison.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I'm glad Roan is able to do what is needed. Shame that Abby wasn't.

They opened the hatch! :lost:

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

So now we wait 4 weeks until the next episode?

Welp. At least there's definitely a season 5 coming, so we wont be cut off mid-cliffhanger.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Spiteski posted:

So now we wait 4 weeks until the next episode?

Oh for fucks sake

ufarn
May 30, 2009
The push-pull of setbacks and gains has been a pretty boring plot device, really wish we'd at least get at nice b-plot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What the gently caress, this just started back up and it's got a loving hiatus???

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lindsey Morgan is rumored to be up for the lead role in the Whedon Batgirl film

http://comicbook.com/movies/2017/03/31/batgirl-lindsey-morgan-rumor/

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Hopefully she can avoid getting shot in the back this time.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

LOL that Crazy Jaha actually pulled it off and saved everyone!

Little disappointed that the bunker wasn't filled with crazy cultists or cryogenically frozen John Pyper-Ferguson tho. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Astroman posted:

LOL that Crazy Jaha actually pulled it off and saved everyone!

Little disappointed that the bunker wasn't filled with crazy cultists or cryogenically frozen John Pyper-Ferguson tho. :colbert:

Wait what?

• Locked thread