Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

WarMECH posted:

i am fiends with some pitbull owners and they go out of their way to constantly mention how sweet their dogs are and would never hurt anyone they are so sweet my god so gentle

i never hear anyone with a golden retriever or beagle needing to jump thru hoops to justify their ownership of those breeds

i'm gonna mcdonalds drivethru for a second but here's the thing; any dog can be a good dog. there are tons of pit bulls/pit mixes that are totally fine, don't get me wrong. the problem isn't necessarily with the owners although i'd assert that pit bulls are absolutely not a first time dog owner breed. the problem is with the inherent combination of the original intention of the breed which was unfortunately for agility and prey drive, and combining that with their ABSURDLY powerful jaws, you're asking for even the slightest potential slipup and whatever gets attacked is hosed.

i'm not gonna elaborate on why but we fostered one once for a few weeks and the entire time even when she was just seeming to try and "play" with the cat(s) i was absolutely terrified she was going to kill them if only by accident. i was once playing tug with a rope in the yard and her jaw was so strong that i could swing her entire body off of the ground like a flail and she would not let go.

pits aren't alone though in this and terriers in general are poo poo. jack russells are loving terrible too.

if you want a dumb friendly dog just get a golden. the worst that will happen is it'll probably die of cancer which is like 40-60% of all causes of the breed's deaths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Weeping Wound posted:

During the 1990s, Hidden Valley had three kid-oriented variations of ranch dressing: pizza, nacho cheese and taco flavors.

we never should have uncovered that valley

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Iron Crowned posted:

All dogs are garbage tier pets for assholes. If you disagree you're obviously an rear end in a top hat.

What the gently caress???

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

triple sulk posted:

i'm gonna mcdonalds drivethru for a second but here's the thing; any dog can be a good dog. there are tons of pit bulls/pit mixes that are totally fine, don't get me wrong. the problem isn't necessarily with the owners although i'd assert that pit bulls are absolutely not a first time dog owner breed. the problem is with the inherent combination of the original intention of the breed which was unfortunately for agility and prey drive, and combining that with their ABSURDLY powerful jaws, you're asking for even the slightest potential slipup and whatever gets attacked is hosed.

i'm not gonna elaborate on why but we fostered one once for a few weeks and the entire time even when she was just seeming to try and "play" with the cat(s) i was absolutely terrified she was going to kill them if only by accident. i was once playing tug with a rope in the yard and her jaw was so strong that i could swing her entire body off of the ground like a flail and she would not let go.

pits aren't alone though in this and terriers in general are poo poo. jack russells are loving terrible too.

if you want a dumb friendly dog just get a golden. the worst that will happen is it'll probably die of cancer which is like 40-60% of all causes of the breed's deaths.

get a mutt

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

Weeping Wound posted:

sort of wish pug owners would feel the need to jump through a few hoops to justify their dog's hell of an existence

a coworker said they wanted a pug because they were so cute and i was like "you know they can't breathe because they bred their snouts into nothing, they are literally suffocating every waking hour of their being" so now she's going to get a labradoodle

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

lmao i'm the rhetorical question "abolish independent journalism?"

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

All dogs are garbage tier pets for assholes. If you disagree you're obviously an rear end in a top hat.

ban this filth

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

eonwe posted:

im glad of our amazing former president getting to relax in an awesome as gently caress hotel and write his memoris

Beats Grant racing to type his poo poo out as he died painfully of cancer, hoping if he finished before the cancer finished him, his wife wouldn't be left destitute.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

A Handed Missus posted:

the opposite of shook

Melania Trump will do nothing in a literal Golden Tower at a cost of $1m a day.

Forget how much Dons Disney World trips cost

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
The best dog to get is a shelter dog FYI

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

I approve.

The 5 stars represent what General Mattis will have pinned on his uniform when he takes control of our New Republic.

:patriot:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

mormonpartyboat posted:

rhodesian ridgebacks are the best dogs

isn't the ridged back caused by genetic deformity just like pugs hosed up faces?

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I figured out the Dem's secret plan... negotiate to help prevent a worldwide global meltdown by getting the Rs to help repeal the 22nd amendment so we can get Obama 4 life

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

triple sulk posted:

the trick is to breed a pit with an english bulldog so its lazy af

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/TeenVogue/status/847450357940617221

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Jack Russells are pieces of poo poo for pieces of poo poo

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Iron Crowned posted:

please don't troll

I do think it's real funny tho that having a dog means that at least once a day you're going to be using a bag as a hand-condom to pick up steaming hot dog poo poo

and that having a dog makes it legal and socially acceptable to put dog piss on trees and grass in public places. if i carried around a tupperware full of dog piss and threw it on a tree at the park I'd probably get arrested. but if I bring the dog piss there inside of a dog it's fine?? weird

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

cool and strong and your friend dogs:

- great dane
- newfoundland
- bernese mountain dog

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I know the senate intelligence thing isnt specifically about Trump today, but i'm excited its getting started

and im excited trump started off the morning attacking the freedom caucus

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

the trick is to breed a pit with an english bulldog so its lazy af

I like my dogs both mentally and physically defective

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

zegermans posted:

I like my dogs both mentally and physically defective

don't sign your posts

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
we've been over this

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

The first jack russell was named Trump.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Squizzle posted:

we never should have uncovered that valley

theres a lot of valleys that have been uncovered, such as day crew

zegermans posted:

Obama did a ton of dumb poo poo like appoint Comey and squelch his desire to go public with the Russia stuff, but I don't really blame him for jetting off to whore island after the US collectively told him to gently caress off

literally one of the hottest takes ive seen in a long while, this is advanced day crew poo poo

donal trump is president and zeger mans is a bawheid whae continues tae post after being skelped on the arse so thorougly becase his face int red enuff :redass:

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

angerbeet posted:

The best dog to get is a shelter dog FYI

:agreed:

unless it is a pitbull of course because it was most likely abused/neglected by its previous owner and therefore more likely to rip the throat out of the first toddler it comes across

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

crazy cloud posted:

don't sign your posts

wowzers

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

dogs are ok

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
no dog less than 30 pounds is worth having this is fact

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lastgirl posted:

donal trump is president and zegermans is a bawheid whae continues tae post after being skelped on the arse so thorougly becase his face int red enuff :redass:

i'm really liking your gimmick because i can honestly barely understand what you are saying and have to like parse out the words

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Lastgirl posted:

theres a lot of valleys that have been uncovered, such as day crew

literally one of the hottest takes ive seen in a long while, this is advanced day crew poo poo

donal trump is president and zeger mans is a bawheid whae continues tae post after being skelped on the arse so thorougly becase his face int red enuff :redass:

Please call 911 for your stroke

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

now goldfish are where its at

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
both dogs and cats own pretty hard

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/847422559607902208

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Cats own everyone should have at least two cats.

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

WarMECH posted:

:agreed:

unless it is a pitbull of course because it was most likely abused/neglected by its previous owner and therefore more likely to rip the throat out of the first toddler it comes across

I've got a toddler infestation. I need 3 pitbulls minimum.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

If a dog bites a person, kill the dog's owner. Justice.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Revelation 3
15 I know your deeds; you are neither cold nor hot. How I wish you were one or the other. 16 So because you are lukewarm — neither hot nor cold — I am about to spit you out of My mouth! 17 You say, ‘I am rich; I have grown wealthy and need nothing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind, and naked.…

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/847459216512040962

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

im not friends with half the worlds population because i only view women as sex objects

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Thom and the Heads posted:

no dog is worth having this is fact

FTFY

• Locked thread