Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

haveblue posted:

IIRC they released both variants in Japan, in the US you can only be dad Nier.

Was there ever an English release of the prettyboy version of Nier, like for the "Asia" region or whatever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
dad nier probably would have sold a bit better in japan if they didn't decide it was a good idea to release it exclusively for the xbox 360, a game console nobody in japan cares about, while releasing brother nier exclusively for the ps3, a console people even still care about

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Franchescanado posted:

Sorry, I actually meant PS+, not PSN.

My bad

lol no you didnt

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
also ps+ owns idk what you idiots are talking about

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
After playing Colorado some more in Hitman, I don't think the level deserves the hate it gets. I like it better than Bangkok. My biggest issue is probably that the main mission forces you to take the same exit every time, so I'm not completing any of the alternate exit challenges :argh:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

The Colonel posted:

i think i like link's awakening more than a link to the past
If it weren't the inventory management and the messages you get from bumping into rocks/pots, I would 100% agree. LA has great dungeon design, a very dense overworld with lots of secrets and unique personality, items that are a lot of fun to use and can do all kinds of fun stuff in and out of combat, and a surprisingly compelling narrative.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
wait how are people getting persona 5 early

I just landed a juicy contract and instead of paying off my irs debt i think I'll buy a ps4

just kidding haha i'm still buying a ps4 because the cost of a ps4 is a fraction of what I owe the irs lol

haha

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Was the Lufia 2 remake for the DS any good?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Not a Children posted:

I didn't play it but it's an eyesore.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Not a Children posted:

No. It's basically the original but with bad ARPG gameplay, puzzles that are less interesting than the original, a much crappier ancient cave, and a handful of plot point changes that exist to do nothing but remove bite from several of the game's scenes (Up to and including Maxim and Selene not dying at the end through total bullshit that sets up a new sequel that never happened.)

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

KingSlime posted:

wait how are people getting persona 5 early

I just landed a juicy contract and instead of paying off my irs debt i think I'll buy a ps4

just kidding haha i'm still buying a ps4 because the cost of a ps4 is a fraction of what I owe the irs lol

haha

Are you laughing, crying, or both?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Who knows anymore, i am dead inside

but the real question is how are people getting p5 in their grubby mitts already? isn't it out on the 4th?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think there are a lot of smaller stores that break street date

seems like people are always able to get their hands on big releases a week or two early

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
ah I was hoping that my release date info was off (google was surprisingly all over the place, a lot of sites still had it listed for a 2016 release lol)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

KingSlime posted:

ah I was hoping that my release date info was off (google was surprisingly all over the place, a lot of sites still had it listed for a 2016 release lol)

It did come out in 2016, in Japan. Like 6 months ago

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

In Training posted:

It did come out in 2016, in Japan. Like 6 months ago

It was released in Winter 2014, get your facts straight.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Healbot posted:

It was released in Winter 2014, get your facts straight.

Summer 2015

Valentines 2017

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Remember Outcast from 1999? Well, it's getting a sequel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDYI32gSrA4

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rexroom posted:

Did they make that sequel in the early 00's then not release it until now? Because those are some poo poo rear end animations.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Why's he wearing a VR headset?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That looks like such an early ps3 game.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Heads up, word is that Gamespot spoiled the ending of P5 in their video review so you may not want to watch it.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Rexroom posted:

Did I say sequel? I meant remake.

I'm tired after today.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Persona 5 is so good even though I've barely played any battles. All the the systems were designed with style in mind. I'm gonna love this game, I can tell.

I got my copy through Amazon, lol. After being super lovely on shipping pre-ordered stuff for me forever they're now good! I got Mass Effect a day early as well. Amazon is so good for Canadians now it's ridiculous.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Ometeotl posted:

Heads up, word is that Gamespot spoiled the ending of P5 in their video review so you may not want to watch it.

I am willing to put money on it being Peter Brown who does it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Grapplejack posted:

I am willing to put money on it being Peter Brown who does it.

Peter brown spoiled nier a's ending on the bombcast and i saw people saying he did it to ffxv too recently as well.

Hes a maniac

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

On that same podcast everyone was also speculating about late-game things for Breath of the Wild and Peter Brown was like, "I can just tell you if you want." He is so eager to spoil everything

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I dont care much about spoilers, but maybe not from professional game critics during release month

Serf
May 5, 2011

Managed to snag a Switch earlier. Pretty excited to play Breath of the Wild next week! But I'll also have Persona 5... This is gonna be a dilemma.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Serf posted:

Managed to snag a Switch earlier. Pretty excited to play Breath of the Wild next week! But I'll also have Persona 5... This is gonna be a dilemma.

That is some Atelier Sophie's choice

hyuck hyuck

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Serf posted:

Play Persona, then when you need to poop, play Zelda on the toilet.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

I dont care much about spoilers, but maybe not from professional game critics during release month

He talked about Nier Automata's True Final Ending, literally the last like 3 minutes of the game, before it had even released on PC lol. I don't really care much about spoilers either but dude, what the gently caress!

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

He sounds like a fun dude to have at rooftop parties.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

bloodychill posted:

hyuck hyuck

a real zero time dilemma

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I'm not sure what you can spoil with Breath of the Wild, like nothing happens

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

bloodychill posted:

hyuck hyuck

How is Firis tho

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

corn in the bible posted:

How is Firis tho

I haven't played it but goon response has been mostly positive.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

He talked about Nier Automata's True Final Ending, literally the last like 3 minutes of the game, before it had even released on PC lol. I don't really care much about spoilers either but dude, what the gently caress!

Peter brown master troll

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im in the process of replaying Ys: Memories of Celceta because I remember never actually finishing it and looking at the trophies I have it looks like I got to literally the last fight in the game and just dropping it for whatever reason. I am back in the final dungeon so I wonder what happens that must have made me ragequit back at release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

The late game story and main villain of Celceta are so un-engaging I'm honestly kind of surprised I finished it. I think I probably only did because lol Karna lol Napalm Shot lol Life Steal etc.

I feel like I talk down about that series a lot despite pretty much liking every game in it.

E: I actually don't even remember what the final boss of that game is now that I think about it. I think it's a big thing you fight on a volcano maybe?

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Mar 30, 2017

• Locked thread