Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I am excited to watch 17 and Piccolo fight again, even if they are not fighting each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

I honestly forget a lot of the time that even this current incarnation of Buu is still stupid powerful

I've started thinking Mr. Buu is actually no, or not much, weaker than he was as full on Fat Buu.

Sure, Evil Buu had the lion's share of Buu's full power, but Buu's FULL power was Super Buu, which was being restrained by Dai Kaioshin's good nature. Super Buu is the exact same constituent parts with the only difference being the lack of Dai Kaishin holding them back. I figure Evil Buu's power was primarily the difference between Fat Buu and Super Buu, making him much stronger than Mr. Buu without actually reducing his power now that his evil side is gone.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Fat Buu is SSJ2 with a nice dose of physical invulnerability

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Adder Moray posted:

I've started thinking Mr. Buu is actually no, or not much, weaker than he was as full on Fat Buu.

Sure, Evil Buu had the lion's share of Buu's full power, but Buu's FULL power was Super Buu, which was being restrained by Dai Kaioshin's good nature. Super Buu is the exact same constituent parts with the only difference being the lack of Dai Kaishin holding them back. I figure Evil Buu's power was primarily the difference between Fat Buu and Super Buu, making him much stronger than Mr. Buu without actually reducing his power now that his evil side is gone.

The evil Buu never died, Buu is 100% immortal. Off-screen, after Goku disintegrated the Kid Buu, a pink mist cloud coagulated into the Fat Buu and reintegrated him.

Fat Buu does not act like all evil has been removed from him, he acts like the same spoiled child he was when he was released from that egg thing. The only difference is the Z-FIghters have replaced Babidi.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Buu is going to belly bump people off the stage, and will be the battle royale MVP.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

seiferguy posted:

Buu is going to belly bump people off the stage, and will be the battle royale MVP.

Buu should deliberately explode himself into thousands of tiny Buus. That way he can fight everyone at once, and you can only push a portion of him off the edge.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Rutibex posted:

Buu should deliberately explode himself into thousands of tiny Buus. That way he can fight everyone at once, and you can only push a portion of him off the edge.

Buu should make a ton of copies, Piccolo should start spitting out eggs, Tien multiforms, Krillen and Goku do that go-fast multiform thing, just pure chaos out there.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Darko posted:

Buu should make a ton of copies, Piccolo should start spitting out eggs, Tien multiforms, Krillen and Goku do that go-fast multiform thing, just pure chaos out there.

Krillin can do multi-form too, he used it against Nappa.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Even Gohan - the most boring fighter - could pull some cool stuff off if they plan this out properly.

He'll probably try to impress his dad by straight brawling like always though.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Rutibex posted:

The evil Buu never died, Buu is 100% immortal. Off-screen, after Goku disintegrated the Kid Buu, a pink mist cloud coagulated into the Fat Buu and reintegrated him.

Fat Buu does not act like all evil has been removed from him, he acts like the same spoiled child he was when he was released from that egg thing. The only difference is the Z-FIghters have replaced Babidi.

As much as we like to think otherwise, spoiled children aren't evil.

Mr. Buu acts innocent, which is neither good nor evil. It's lacking the understanding of a good or evil. And where Buu does understand these things (killing is bad, for example) he doesn't choose evil.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Adder Moray posted:

As much as we like to think otherwise, spoiled children aren't evil.

Mr. Buu acts innocent, which is neither good nor evil. It's lacking the understanding of a good or evil. And where Buu does understand these things (killing is bad, for example) he doesn't choose evil.

He needs a good beating to teach him not to be a brat then.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

sassassin posted:

are you gonna give it to him? i think people are happy enough with bratty buu without endangering the planet once more to get him to act nicer

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

sassassin posted:

Don't beat children.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

a cartoon duck posted:

Don't beat children.

Buu is millions of years old, if he hasn't grown up by now he never will.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I hope 17's park ranger skills come into play somehow.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Unlike everyone else, it's literally his job to protect the earth. Dude's going to step up.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Rutibex posted:

Buu is millions of years old, if he hasn't grown up by now he never will.

He spent most of those millions of years trapped inside of a ball. Depending on how long Bibidi has him, Buu might literally have only been active for a couple of years at this point.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Condiv posted:

are you gonna give it to him?

yeah

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Le Goku

https://twitter.com/DBZcom/status/847369982753165312

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

France, what the gently caress are you doing with Comic Sans?
You're meant to be the center of the universe when it comes to art.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Josuke Higashikata posted:

France, what the gently caress are you doing with Comic Sans?
You're meant to be the center of the universe when it comes to art.

Comic sans has been cool for a few weeks now. Where have you been?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A better place than the lest few weeks, clearly.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Okay, grandpa.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Adder Moray posted:

buu's full, unrestrained power was kid buu

I actually don't get how the evil/kid buu thing works. when they removed all of the people that buu'd eaten (including fat buu), why didn't he just go back to being evil buu?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Yeah but this time Buu is powered by his love for Satan so he's even stronger now.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I do not like this anti-Gohan trend we've been on recently. Gohan was cool as hell when I was 12, he's cool as hell now.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

I actually don't get how the evil/kid buu thing works. when they removed all of the people that buu'd eaten (including fat buu), why didn't he just go back to being evil buu?

Kid Buu was his original form. I'm not exactly sure how the stuff with the Kais he absorbed works since Fat Buu has existed forever thanks to the Grand Supreme Kai but Super Buu didn't stay in his South Supreme Kai form after Buu was removed.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

Inaccurate. Kid Buu is the 2nd weakest Buu

Fat Buu = Kid Buu + South Kaioshin + Dai Kaioshin with Dai Kaioshin's good nature restraining his power.

Evil Buu = The lion's share of Fat Buu's power without Dai Kaioshin

Super Buu = Fat Buu without Dai Kaioshin's influence holding him back.

Mr. Buu = Fat Buu - Evil Buu. Basically Dai Kaioshin and some Buu stuff.

Buff Buu = Kid Buu + South Kaioshin

Kid Buu = Buu in his purest, weakest form.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's not inaccurate, kid buu is the actual buu and the rest are just fusions of various things. that is his full power; he's not the strongest but that doesn't matter at all because the rest are adding other people into the equation

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's not inaccurate, kid buu is the actual buu and the rest are just fusions of various things. that is his full power; he's not the strongest but that doesn't matter at all because the rest are adding other people into the equation

This is some really dumb semantics.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's true tho?

also kid buu is still stronger than anything before super buu. they even say that the kais made him weaker

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's true tho?

also kid buu is still stronger than anything before super buu. they even say that the kais made him weaker

Grand Kai specifically made him weaker. Absorbing the South Supreme Kai made him stronger, when Super Buu regressed to Huge Buu, Goku pointed out his power went up, before he became Kid Buu.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Kid Buu was a dumb idea, that arc should have ended with Vegitto clowning on Super Buu.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Personally I think they should have went straight to Kid Buu after Super Buu.

None of this knock off Perfect cell bullshit

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Burkion posted:

Personally I think they should have went straight to Kid Buu after Super Buu.

None of this knock off Perfect cell bullshit

Smart Buu was the best part of that arc, you are wrong.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Adder Moray posted:

Inaccurate. Kid Buu is the 2nd weakest Buu

Fat Buu = Kid Buu + South Kaioshin + Dai Kaioshin with Dai Kaioshin's good nature restraining his power.

Evil Buu = The lion's share of Fat Buu's power without Dai Kaioshin

Super Buu = Fat Buu without Dai Kaioshin's influence holding him back.

Mr. Buu = Fat Buu - Evil Buu. Basically Dai Kaioshin and some Buu stuff.

Buff Buu = Kid Buu + South Kaioshin

Kid Buu = Buu in his purest, weakest form.

Provide references

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
It just occurred to me, when Buu absorbed Piccolo he became smarter, but when Buu absorbed the fat Dai Kaioshin he became retarded. I think this goes a long way in explaining why universe 7 has such a low mortal level.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Rutibex posted:

It just occurred to me, when Buu absorbed Piccolo he became smarter, but when Buu absorbed the fat Dai Kaioshin he became retarded. I think this goes a long way in explaining why universe 7 has such a low mortal level.

But all the kais seem to be retarded.

And their bosses are uncaring monsters.

Perhaps "mortal level" is a bullshit metric.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
I want Piccolo to be thrown from the platform only to launch his stretchy arms and rubber band himself back on. Preferably using his momentum to knock someone else off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

the buu saga is the greatest achievement in mankind's history

• Locked thread