Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
Shot a -1 71 today with 35 putts. Had 3 3-putts, including 3-putt pars on a par 4 and a par 5. 9 of 14 fairways, 15 of 18 greens.

Hit the ball like Sergio, putt the ball like Sergio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

Kameh posted:

Hit the ball like Sergio, putt the ball like Sergio.

So you hit a cameraman with your ball?

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

I present you to, a tale of two 9s.

Look at this loving bullshit.

Now I'm not saying that the 15-20 mph wind that suddenly started on the back 9 had anything to do with this, but it totally had everything to do with this lol

Actually my putter went kinda cold compared to the front 9, but really, gently caress that stupid wind.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
YES!! Think I woke up my neighbours when Leishman sunk that putt on 18 to win. Top bloke - real happy for him.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

mattfl posted:

Now I'm not saying that the 15-20 mph wind that suddenly started on the back 9 had anything to do with this, but it totally had everything to do with this lol

Actually my putter went kinda cold compared to the front 9, but really, gently caress that stupid wind.

At least you closed with a par.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

mattfl posted:

I feel your pain. Played Capital City CC again(I am going to piss on AW Tillinghast's grave). I shot a 39/50 today(I carry a 15 index). Something happens to me on the second nine and my tempo goes out the loving window. Also had a 1.5-2 club wind all day.

Farking Bastage fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Mar 20, 2017

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

mattfl posted:

my round from November was better (in it's awful back 9ishness). Those 4 putts were 60+ feet out on severely sloped greens where every one is a different speed.

I have a bad habit of randomly just making GBS threads up the back 9......last round a few weeks ago same crap 40 front/50 back, meh. I don't even drink either so no excuses except impatience to get the drat round over with and a wonky back.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Costco is suing Titleist for sending them a cease and a desist letter.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/21/news/companies/costco-titleist-golf-balls-lawsuit/index.html

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

daslog posted:

Costco is suing Titleist for sending them a cease and a desist letter.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/21/news/companies/costco-titleist-golf-balls-lawsuit/index.html

ohhhh this is gonna be fun :munch:

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

DJExile posted:

ohhhh this is gonna be fun :munch:

My guess is that the are pre-emotively suing so they can choose a venue that would be the most sympathy to their legal position.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Yeah I've seen various lawyer-golfers weighing in who all say it's unlikely this actually goes to trial or anything like that. I think Titleist is just giving Costco a shitton of free publicity; the most-read story on the Wall Street Journal site yesterday was the article about this.

It looks like I'm playing in a Tuesday league with a buddy this year, on a much more difficult course than the ones I usually play. It's a pretty narrow course with trees everywhere and certain tee shots require shaping the ball one way or the other or else you leave yourself a ridiculously long second shot. I'm looking forward to it.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Mar 22, 2017

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I am shocked that an article about golf would be popular in the Wall Street Journal of all places.

:v:

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Dustin Johnson sure is playing like #1 in the world. Koepka has also been pretty dominant so far in the matchplay.

We still have a foot of snow outside and the next week is going to be 40s with rain every day. If I can't play again before the Masters I'm gonna cry.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Breaking in my new MGGolf rangefinder today. I'll let you chaps know how it works out.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Shrapnig posted:

Breaking in my new MGGolf rangefinder today. I'll let you chaps know how it works out.

You're gonna love it. I'm 4 rounds in with it and getting exact distances to the pins is such a big difference.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

mattfl posted:

You're gonna love it. I'm 4 rounds in with it and getting exact distances to the pins is such a big difference.

I played like poo poo but it was pretty awesome. I read one yardage wrong all day, read the top of a bunker instead of the flag on a hole so I went a club long.

Coincidentally I was playing with a guy who had one of the fancy Bushnell rangefinders and our yardages were exactly the same.

My only gripe is that if you have a slightly shaky hand sometimes it takes a coupe tries to zero on on the target.

Bottom line, for $100 it's definitely worth the money so far.

Next challenge is to see what the battery life is like.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

I played like poo poo but it was pretty awesome. I read one yardage wrong all day, read the top of a bunker instead of the flag on a hole so I went a club long.

Coincidentally I was playing with a guy who had one of the fancy Bushnell rangefinders and our yardages were exactly the same.

My only gripe is that if you have a slightly shaky hand sometimes it takes a coupe tries to zero on on the target.

Bottom line, for $100 it's definitely worth the money so far.

Next challenge is to see what the battery life is like.

Aim in the bottom third of the pin, higher if there's a hill or bunker lip in front of it. Also, if you hold the button down, it will zero in more.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

If Rahm wins this hooooly poo poo.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

Shrapnig posted:

I picked up a Breaking 80 - IS500 rangefinder the other day. Dude was giving out 50% off codes on Reddit so I nabbed it for 82 shipped through Amazon. Current price is 179.99, so it seems worth it. Haven't brought it out to the course yet thanks to work, but it accurately gave me distances to random things in my house. Gonna get it out on the course this weekend and see how it goes :D

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

So....

If I had 2 Wednesday practice rounds tickets for next week, would anyone here be interested in them at face value ($65)?

Here's the rub

So it's me and a friend that are going. We are leaving monday and staying in Charleston, SC and have a tee time set for Tuesday at Forest Hills which is in Augusta, it appears that the other 2 tee times for our time are available if you would like to join us. The other 2 tickets I was going to sell on stub hub for stupid money, however, between paying for the tickets and them mailing them out I moved. Apparently one of two things have happened.

1) They got sent to my old address and the people that live there now either threw them out/kept them
2) They are stuck in mail forwarding limbo

I've called customer support at Augusta multiple times and the assure me, if I don't have the tickets by this coming Saturday they will have 4 waiting for me at the ticket booth Wednesday. I must say, customer support at Augusta is amazing. It's a little old southern lady who is the nicest person in the world. Anyways. I've asked 2 other friends if they'd want to go and one is already out and one has a meeting that he is trying to reschedule and will know by end of business tomorrow. At the very least I have 1 for sure ticket. We would basically have to meet there Wednesday morning to pick up the tickets. This is making it basically impossible to sell for stupid money (currently at like $1600 on stubhub!) so I figured I'd see if anyone here would be interested and able to.

So, what do you guys think? Anyone interested in 1 possibly 2(know by tomorrow) tickets for Wednesday and possibly a tee time on tuesday?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

mattfl posted:

So....

If I had 2 Wednesday practice rounds tickets for next week, would anyone here be interested in them at face value ($65)?

Here's the rub

So it's me and a friend that are going. We are leaving monday and staying in Charleston, SC and have a tee time set for Tuesday at Forest Hills which is in Augusta, it appears that the other 2 tee times for our time are available if you would like to join us. The other 2 tickets I was going to sell on stub hub for stupid money, however, between paying for the tickets and them mailing them out I moved. Apparently one of two things have happened.

1) They got sent to my old address and the people that live there now either threw them out/kept them
2) They are stuck in mail forwarding limbo

I've called customer support at Augusta multiple times and the assure me, if I don't have the tickets by this coming Saturday they will have 4 waiting for me at the ticket booth Wednesday. I must say, customer support at Augusta is amazing. It's a little old southern lady who is the nicest person in the world. Anyways. I've asked 2 other friends if they'd want to go and one is already out and one has a meeting that he is trying to reschedule and will know by end of business tomorrow. At the very least I have 1 for sure ticket. We would basically have to meet there Wednesday morning to pick up the tickets. This is making it basically impossible to sell for stupid money (currently at like $1600 on stubhub!) so I figured I'd see if anyone here would be interested and able to.

So, what do you guys think? Anyone interested in 1 possibly 2(know by tomorrow) tickets for Wednesday and possibly a tee time on tuesday?
I mean, I live in Atlanta and I'm in between jobs...

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

I mean, I live in Atlanta and I'm in between jobs...

I knew one of you guys were actually in Atlanta.

So I will let you know tomorrow. If both tickets are available do you want both? And are you interested in golfing tuesday at forest hills? It's $160 for the tee time, Master's week prices of course lol

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

mattfl posted:

I knew one of you guys were actually in Atlanta.

So I will let you know tomorrow. If both tickets are available do you want both? And are you interested in golfing tuesday at forest hills? It's $160 for the tee time, Master's week prices of course lol
Let me do some asking around for the second ticket. I will almost certainly say yes for myself because what the hell else was I gonna do next Wednesday? Oh right, watch the livestream. :lol:

Google says 2 1/2 hours drive from here. Free parking is first come first serve so if I want to get there early, I might as well just drive in that morning. Seems like I would be exhausted afterwards, so I guess I would want to stay at a hotel or something that night? Would also be good for meeting other traveling patrons.

As for Forest Hills, I haven't hit a ball since July/August so I'm not sure dropping $160 would be the best idea for my first round back. :negative:

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Let me do some asking around for the second ticket. I will almost certainly say yes for myself because what the hell else was I gonna do next Wednesday? Oh right, watch the livestream. :lol:

Google says 2 1/2 hours drive from here. Free parking is first come first serve so if I want to get there early, I might as well just drive in that morning. Seems like I would be exhausted afterwards, so I guess I would want to stay at a hotel or something that night? Would also be good for meeting other traveling patrons.

As for Forest Hills, I haven't hit a ball since July/August so I'm not sure dropping $160 would be the best idea for my first round back. :negative:

So here's the thing about hotels. There are probably no rooms left in and around Augusta, and even if there were, you'd be looking at $1000+/night. We are actually staying in Columbia, SC at a Holiday Inn which is about an hour and fifteen away and we are paying $150/night.

And yeah, doesn't sound like a good use of $160 if you are currently jobless and haven't played in a while :)

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

mattfl posted:

So here's the thing about hotels. There are probably no rooms left in and around Augusta, and even if there were, you'd be looking at $1000+/night. We are actually staying in Columbia, SC at a Holiday Inn which is about an hour and fifteen away and we are paying $150/night.

And yeah, doesn't sound like a good use of $160 if you are currently jobless and haven't played in a while :)

The best scenario is to book a buddies weekend in Hilton Head or Charleston after going to the practice rounds.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

https://www.lostgolfballs.com/deals/muirfield-practice-balls.html

Heck of a deal here.

Basically practice balls from the Memorial Tournament.

They say practice on them but the owner of lostgolfballs.com was on golfwrx, one of the biggest golf forums, saying the balls are basically brand new, maybe hit once or twice, and are the same balls the players would be using in the round just with practice stamped on them. I picked up another 3 dozen nike rzn’s :)

Use this code for another 10% off MARWRX3

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

Those have been mostly gobbled up by GolfWRX people buying 10 dozen at a time, as expected. Only Nike and Srixon were left when I tried to buy some yesterday.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

ironlung posted:

Those have been mostly gobbled up by GolfWRX people buying 10 dozen at a time, as expected. Only Nike and Srixon were left when I tried to buy some yesterday.

Bridgestone
Nike
Callaway
Srixon
Taylormade

Are available right now.

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

Still says out of stock for me when I try to add anything but Nike or Srixon to my cart, WTF!

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

ironlung posted:

Still says out of stock for me when I try to add anything but Nike or Srixon to my cart, WTF!

My bad. You are right. I assumed they were removing models when they were out of stock which is why Titleist wasn't there. Sorry :(

The Nike's are awesome though, you should play them :)

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
Ugh dammit I would have bought so many Chrome Softs

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I've used the same Yellow Chrome soft for 3 straight rounds I don't need Costco BALLS. :smugdog:

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Ok who here works for lostgolfballs. Right after I said about removing balls that were out of stock, suddenly the balls that are out of stock are gone lol

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Was just watching the Golf channel and I'm now in love with Blair O'Neal.

Please carry on about practice balls.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

You are still interested in at least one correct?

mattfl fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Mar 30, 2017

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

mattfl posted:

https://www.lostgolfballs.com/deals/muirfield-practice-balls.html

Heck of a deal here.

Basically practice balls from the Memorial Tournament.

They say practice on them but the owner of lostgolfballs.com was on golfwrx, one of the biggest golf forums, saying the balls are basically brand new, maybe hit once or twice, and are the same balls the players would be using in the round just with practice stamped on them. I picked up another 3 dozen nike rzn’s :)

Use this code for another 10% off MARWRX3

Hey man, appreciate this. Got 4 dozen Nike RZN for about $50. I really hope they're mostly gen 2 (blue) golf balls instead of the gen 1. If they're Miurfield tournament practice balls , then surely they're the newest model, right? I could get a box of the gen 1s for about $12 anyway.

$10 shipping when I live less than 20 minutes away is killing me. I just can't take off during the week to pick them up in warehouse.

Kameh fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Mar 30, 2017

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

daslog posted:

Was just watching the Golf channel and I'm now in love with Blair O'Neal.

Please carry on about practice balls.

I wonder if they're gonna try to scoop Paige Spiranac up pretty soon. If she's not on Tour in a few years, maybe that's what she'll have to do.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Kameh posted:

Hey man, appreciate this. Got 4 dozen Nike RZN for about $50. I really hope they're mostly gen 2 (blue) golf balls instead of the gen 1. If they're Miurfield tournament practice balls , then surely they're the newest model, right? I could get a box of the gen 1s for about $12 anyway.

$10 shipping when I live less than 20 minutes away is killing me. I just can't take off during the week to pick them up in warehouse.

I'm hoping too that they should all be gen 2 balls. Like you said, being that they are practice balls I'm not sure a pro would be playing last years balls. Unless last years and this years ball are identical?

Mine are scheduled to be here saturday so I'll update when they get here.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

mattfl posted:

You are still interested in at least one correct?
Ya, just the one. Haven't heard back from anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Ya, just the one. Haven't heard back from anyone.

Ok cool. Shoot me an email -> mattfl @ gmail.com and we can work on the logistics of getting together and stuff on wednesday.