Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAB
Nov 5, 2010

HAT FETISH posted:

Speaking as a PC master racist. XD

ur in the wrong thread, m8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Is there gunna be a PS4 pro bundle Ive been contemplating getting a PRO for Destiny 2 anyways

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

FishBulb posted:

Is there gunna be a PS4 pro bundle Ive been contemplating getting a PRO for Destiny 2 anyways

They are gonna wait til Christmas so you buy it twice, the game I mean

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I'm not gonna pre-order this

yet

not until I see some gameplay

and then I'll probably preorder no matter what anyway

KillTylerDurden
May 15, 2004
I watched Fight Club one too many times.
I hope this Cabal tower assault launches at 5am (EDT) on a Friday and Xur is the first one wasted.

Gonna get that bag and fill it with TTK Strange Coins and Ghost Edition ghosts.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I went ahead and got the PS4 version since I suspect that's where all the players will be. It'll almost certainly where the earliest beta access will be. Who knows, maybe they'll let your characters be cross-platform this time.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I'm going to have pay the Scorpio tax to play this at 60 fps with the Bone crew, aren't I?

Watch it be 30 fps on Scorpio and PS Pro.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mazerunner posted:

yet

yeup

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Mazerunner posted:

yet

Agreed. Even if this game is bad it will be good.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Mazerunner posted:

yet

We've been seeing the gameplay already for 3 years ya hoser

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

FishBulb posted:

give me the white ps4 pro.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
"Man I still have my Ghost chilling in my office but that bag is fugly. I guess I'll just get the limited edition this time around."

*gamestop exclusive gently caress you bungo

I still did it.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Things that would be dealbreakers for me:

-return to vanilla Destiny levels of grinding and rng for drops
-return to stupid dumb degrees of level... power... difference. Like year 1 I mean
-unskippable cutscenes
-no custom lobbies
-too much 'open world-ism'
-not enough Variks

Dealbreaker here means that I make a frowny face when I throw money at the screen

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Mill Village posted:

I'm going to have pay the Scorpio tax to play this at 60 fps with the Bone crew, aren't I?
Watch it be 30 fps on Scorpio and PS Pro.
It is multiplayer so if it is not 60 fps on vanilla PS4 it won't be 60 fps on Pro no matter how much they improve the gfx for Pro, and I suspect Scorpio might have the same policy

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

DrNutt posted:

"Man I still have my Ghost chilling in my office but that bag is fugly. I guess I'll just get the limited edition this time around."

*gamestop exclusive gently caress you bungo

I still did it.

I don't think it's exclusive, it's listed on a lot of places but none of them except Gamestop will take your preorder without guaranteed stock.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I dig that the trailer wasn't taking itself too seriously. I hope that translates over into the actual game.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Scorpio will still suck your dick tho

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I will be referring to Ghaul as "Garfield" and making pubbies uncomfortable with how much I want to put my penis in it ala Gangster Popeye

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

haveblue posted:

I don't think it's exclusive, it's listed on a lot of places but none of them except Gamestop will take your preorder without guaranteed stock.

Huh. Weird that Bungie only gives you the option to go to GameStop straight from their destiny the game site. Whereas you can go to Amazon via the Collector's edition, even though Amazon doesn't have preorders for that up yet.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I noticed a lack of Ghosts in the trailer, and the glowing parts of the Traveler are the parts that are broken in the first game. So it might be something like the Traveler called all the Ghosts back and/or sucked up all our Light to fight off the Cabal fleet, which explains why everyone is back to zero again.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Roman posted:

I noticed a lack of Ghosts in the trailer, and the glowing parts of the Traveler are the parts that are broken in the first game. So it might be something like the Traveler called all the Ghosts back and/or sucked up all our Light to fight off the Cabal fleet, which explains why everyone is back to zero again.

That seems as plausible as anything else. The city's all hosed up and the Traveler needs your xp to grow strong again.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

DrNutt posted:

Huh. Weird that Bungie only gives you the option to go to GameStop straight from their destiny the game site. Whereas you can go to Amazon via the Collector's edition, even though Amazon doesn't have preorders for that up yet.

Hmm. On the preorder page I pick Collector's Edition, PS4, US, and the retailer dropdown has Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop, Target, Toys R Us, and Walmart. All of them will let you sign up for in-stock alerts (except Best Buy, because the link just goes to the search results for typing in "destiny", lol).

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

poor life choice posted:

That seems as plausible as anything else. The city's all hosed up and the Traveler needs your xp to grow strong again.

Yeah but without your ghost, you die in the game, you die in real life.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

haveblue posted:

Hmm. On the preorder page I pick Collector's Edition, PS4, US, and the retailer dropdown has Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop, Target, Toys R Us, and Walmart. All of them will let you sign up for in-stock alerts (except Best Buy, because the link just goes to the search results for typing in "destiny", lol).

Yeah, that's the Collector's Edition. The Limited edition (the steel book and cabal box without the ugly bag) appears to be a GameStop exclusive. It's also 99 dollars which means the bag is 149.99. But I guess at least it has a solar panel and a USB port. All I got for my 249.99 was a Ghost that will remind me of the ol' Dinklebot.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

DrNutt posted:

Yeah, that's the Collector's Edition. The Limited edition (the steel book and cabal box without the ugly bag) appears to be a GameStop exclusive. It's also 99 dollars which means the bag is 149.99. But I guess at least it has a solar panel and a USB port. All I got for my 249.99 was a Ghost that will remind me of the ol' Dinklebot.

Ah, OK, I thought we were still talking about the super everything king poo poo of gently caress mountain edition.

I'm still getting one

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

anything new today guys

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Menstrual Show posted:

anything new today guys

nah

how you doin', sin?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Waffle House posted:

I will be referring to Ghaul as "Garfield" and making pubbies uncomfortable with how much I want to put my penis in it ala Gangster Popeye

:trumppop:

absolomb
Nov 26, 2004
Putting the "emo" back in "chemotherapy".
Hmm, after much deliberation and soul searching, it's been decided. I'm gonna buy Destiny 2, and it's gonna be good. Thanks

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Oh Ok

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

thanks for blogging

absolomb
Nov 26, 2004
Putting the "emo" back in "chemotherapy".
Don't make me regret this decision, poom.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Hey just a heads up you can put the new ornaments right into your WoTM armor to get the cool new effects, you don't need to ran new armor from the 390 raid or w/e.

It looks pretty dope.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Will xim4 users be moving to pc?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Depends on whether cross platform play happens or not, since all my bros are on xbox.

Since it's more likely a "not" situation it's super likely I won't be moving to PC.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

texaholic posted:

Will xim4 users be moving to pc?

Why would I play a console game on PC if the player population is going to die in five weeks?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Space Magic Halo 2: Destiny's Child is going to get my money. I hope Rasputin commandeers an exo to talk to us super secret like while slav squatting in an Adidas track suit and chugging vodka.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I preordered both PS4 and PC versions, I figure I can decide after the beta. :shrug: Seems reasonable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Also he drops a warsat on us for not paying to gently caress his sister

• Locked thread