Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Welp, it happened.

I can feel the seething contempt just oozing off of there. Because clearly this just screams Reboot.jpg:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
YZK 0 baby

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Tae posted:

YZK 0 baby

Yazuka 0? :v:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Top 10 Anime Openings of all Time.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Finally got around to listening to the podcast. I'm glad Woolie made the right choice for which power rangers song to use at the end.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
if it's not the original then he hosed it right up

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Power Ranger reboot was apparently 48% poo poo, who would've thought?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Grouchio posted:

Power Ranger reboot was apparently 48% poo poo, who would've thought?

this apparently happens which is pretty good at least

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9x2uFPVfFI&hd=1

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
ITS FINALLY HERE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT-Izrn3qKk

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

:getin: :woop:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

HGH posted:

Welp, it happened.

I can feel the seething contempt just oozing off of there. Because clearly this just screams Reboot.jpg:

He did it.

https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/846922128125513728

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Captain Invictus posted:

this apparently happens which is pretty good at least

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9x2uFPVfFI&hd=1

Whoever designed those zords should be ashamed.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
From what I hear, the movie's alright and really good at bits, just the mecha designs are absolute garbo.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

the fact that he didn't actually tweet anything negative makes this even funnier.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Mar 29, 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm glad Pat and Woolie are making what I feel is the lamest part of Dark Souls 1 still fun to listen to

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

KaosMachina posted:

Finally got around to listening to the podcast. I'm glad Woolie made the right choice for which power rangers song to use at the end.

Lol I just heard it and you and Woolie have garbage tier taste, I bet you think the GameCube is blue too.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

I'm glad Pat and Woolie are making what I feel is the lamest part of Dark Souls 1 still fun to listen to

Agreed, and I think pretty much everyone would agree Demon Ruins / Lost Izalith are the worst areas in the game by a significant margin. Except I guess there's a few Tomb of the Giants megahaters.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
tomb of giants at least has some fuckin

design going on

most of demon ruins is a curved line through bright orange day glo lava with identical enemies spread around like how I put trees in sim city games

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I loving hate Tomb of the Giants. The crawling skeletons are among the worst enemies for a raw dex build to face due to their range, strength and speed of attack, with too much darkness to dodge roll with wild abandon.

Fortunately I am not quite pure dex, and have a Great Chaos Fireball that kills them in one with the extra lava damage. :getin: You only get four, though, so you need to use them frugally between bonfires.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

my large club playthrough of ds gave me an appreciation for just how hard you can gently caress up a skeleton's day

thank you tomb of the giants

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
Overwatch Gallery speedrun any % is already under 8s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS-ysdpEtow

(01:37:00 in this weeks podcast)

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I loving hate Tomb of the Giants. The crawling skeletons are among the worst enemies for a raw dex build to face due to their range, strength and speed of attack, with too much darkness to dodge roll with wild abandon.

Fortunately I am not quite pure dex, and have a Great Chaos Fireball that kills them in one with the extra lava damage. :getin: You only get four, though, so you need to use them frugally between bonfires.

If you're playing a rollabout dextrous dave then I assume you're not using a shield? You could grab a Skull Lantern from the catacombes for your offhand

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ah, excellent. Now instead of watching idiots bumble around and then abandon the game three parts later. I can watch idiots confidently march toward their goal and fall down every open manhole in their path.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Captain Invictus posted:

Lol I just heard it and you and Woolie have garbage tier taste, I bet you think the GameCube is blue too.

I was one of those kids who got the metallic silver one and associates the gamecube with that color in their head

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wasn't there a trans-orange gamecube as well?

Edit: or was that n64

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

No, not transparent, just regular orange. Spice Orange if I remember correctly.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

KaosMachina posted:

I was one of those kids who got the metallic silver one and associates the gamecube with that color in their head

I got the Black Gamecube since that was the only other option at launch, but the purple indigo seems pretty synonymous with the console since it was what was always used in marketing, logos, etc, and also on the boot screen.

...man I kind of miss that boot screen now.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
It's time for Super Terrorist Captain Janeway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HDsb2t9nsw

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

havenwaters posted:

Pat, ardent believer of the idea that the transporter kills you on usage, uses Tuvix as an example of Janeway's moral bankruptcy despite the fact that if he's right about the transporter, everyone is the byproduct of a transporter accident and thus souless nonpersons. Somehow this bothers me more than the fact that they're playing the janky PS2 version of this game.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Mar 30, 2017

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Continuing the "Max gets tons of donations during his streams" streak from his Nioh playthrough, some dude just donated $1,000 to him in the span of 10 minutes in split increments. And all he's done so far is start the stream by respeccing his DS3 character.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

ApeHawk posted:

Continuing the "Max gets tons of donations during his streams" streak from his Nioh playthrough, some dude just donated $1,000 to him in the span of 10 minutes in split increments. And all he's done so far is start the stream by respeccing his DS3 character.

Was it that same guy that gave Max $10,000 that one time, and apparently goes around giving shittons of money to streamers?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
No, different guy entirely.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Making a compilation video of it now. Will post here as soon as it's uploaded.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GnmUdw2ejw

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Mar 30, 2017

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Apropos of nothing in this thread, it amuses me how Pat remarked during the Nier LP that fans of Nier are super polite and secretive about that game's spoilers and yet I've been dodging bomb after bomb to avoid hearing anything about the sequel because I chose to play Zelda first.

Remf
Jun 28, 2008

REALLY NOT FEELIN UP TO IT RIGHT NOW. SORRY.

havenwaters posted:

All these reasons that Janeway is bad kinda make Janeway sound pretty cool???

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Remf posted:

All these reasons that Janeway is bad kinda make Janeway sound pretty cool???

Janeway is kinda cool and as a friend put it "Janeway is my favourite villain." She's kinda just written inconsistently.

Pat, or whatever he was quoting definitely mis-characterized some of the stuff. I might be getting it slightly wrong as well, but when she rammed the time ship, she wasn't making a wild guess it'd fix everything, there was no-one else aboard Voyager and the weapons were busted. She was making a sacrificial attack.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Phantasium posted:

Apropos of nothing in this thread, it amuses me how Pat remarked during the Nier LP that fans of Nier are super polite and secretive about that game's spoilers and yet I've been dodging bomb after bomb to avoid hearing anything about the sequel because I chose to play Zelda first.

Got hit with the most blatant spoiler I've ever seen of the finale in a YouTube thumbnail/title the other day. Normally I don't mind spoilers too much but cripes it was absurd in how far it went. HERE'S THE FINALE GUYS AND A BIG PICTURE OF WHAT THE FINALE IS, DONT WORRY WE USED ALL THE KEYWORDS TO MAKE SURE THIS VIDEO GETS LISTED RIGHT AT THE TOP.

I can still look forward to finding out how it happens but it's a bummer.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

you can barely tell what's going on in those t humbnails and none of them spoil the truly amazing thing that happens with that sequence

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Futaba Anzu posted:

you can barely tell what's going on in those t humbnails and none of them spoil the truly amazing thing that happens with that sequence

I haven't actually gotten there yet, so that's good to hear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
This might be because Automata is breaking out with a bigger crowd right now, whereas original Nier was unpopular and has had years for people to appreciate avoiding spoilers.