Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Mahoning posted:

I mean, sure, if Amazon Prime was only good for discounts on video games, then yeah, your price breakdown makes sense. But, there's like a ton of other benefits to it, not the least of which is evident in this very thread on this very day....they're selling their Switch stock to Prime members only.

There are three tiers to product availability at Amazon: Are you in a Prime Now area? -> Are you a Prime member? -> Do you have a free Amazon account? Just because they started locking off more and more products behind a Prime membership doesn't constitute as one of a ton of other benefits, IMO. It's like people going to Sam's Club and feeling very superior to Wal-Mart shoppers. Let's not even act like Amazon Video is worth 1/100th of the Prime membership, either. Amazon's great if you live in rural areas but because they don't price match anything anymore (they will straight up make you request a return, send the item back, and buy it again at a lower price), there are way better deals to be found outside of Amazon in 2017. Jeff Bezos is the second-richest dude in the world--he doesn't need any more of my money.

Ornamented Death posted:

Technically you can still kind of do this, you just haven't been able to change or add anyone since Amazon redid the program and there's always the possibility they'll just remove the option entirely at some point. But they haven't for the last few years, so me and my crew have continued splitting the cost.

I haven't been able to do it properly since 2012-2013. Any additional members I add to the account can only get 2-day shipping if they ship the item to my billing address. If I change the shipping address or add a new address entirely, it is only eligible for free super saver shipping. :shrug:

Wasn't exactly trying to turn the thread into an Amazon debate. Just know that there are better options than mashing F5 on Amazon's website in 2017 to obtain a Switch. My local Wal-Mart doesn't allow shopping between midnight and 6 AM anymore due to an increased number of stabbings, so I waltzed in at 6:00 AM on March 3 and picked one up without fighting through any crowds. They still had about a dozen of them by the time I had gotten checked out with everything. If you're having trouble finding a Switch, I recommend leaving knives scattered around your local Wal-Mart and waiting a week or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh man I use Prime for like everything that isn't groceries, basically. I have like a dozen Dash Button and they own and they just delivered my Pro Controller today so I have an afternoon of Zelda on the TV coming up, it's going to be great.

Speaking of Zelda I just had the encounter on the snowy mountains north of Hateno and having that fight start at the top of the peak then work it's way down as you're gliding and shooting arrows? That was loving awesome

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
Yep, I moved to the suburbs, so most things around me were built up in the last 15 years. So ordering from Amazon doesn't rob a local mom & pop operation of money. I make use on Prime for pretty much everything other than food. Why spend $20 on something at Target when I can probably get it from Amazon for $15 and get it a day or two later, if it was the same price I would go to Target to help employ someone locally, but not going to spend more money if I don't need it immediately. Add in streaming service, video game discounts and unlimited cloud storage for photos and Prime is worth the $100/yr to me.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Bloodplay it again posted:

I haven't been able to do it properly since 2012-2013. Any additional members I add to the account can only get 2-day shipping if they ship the item to my billing address. If I change the shipping address or add a new address entirely, it is only eligible for free super saver shipping. :shrug:

Hence my caveats. The sharing will only work with people that were on your account BEFORE Amazon switched over how sharing worked. I've had the same crew for six or seven years and they've been able to keep getting the 2-day shipping stuff. If I were to remove one of them, though, I would not be able to add a replacement, it'd just be a lost slot for old-school Prime sharing.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

FireMrshlBill posted:

Yep, I moved to the suburbs, so most things around me were built up in the last 15 years. So ordering from Amazon doesn't rob a local mom & pop operation of money. I make use on Prime for pretty much everything other than food. Why spend $20 on something at Target when I can probably get it from Amazon for $15 and get it a day or two later, if it was the same price I would go to Target to help employ someone locally, but not going to spend more money if I don't need it immediately. Add in streaming service, video game discounts and unlimited cloud storage for photos and Prime is worth the $100/yr to me.

I purchased this Switch case from Target for $10 less than Amazon (they finally dropped the price to match Target). Even in the event it was cheaper at Amazon, Target price matches Amazon and you don't have to wait for any shipping at all. Some B&M stores also have promotions that Amazon doesn't touch. I'm not wealthy enough to own Dash buttons. I have spent thousands of dollars with Amazon over the years so it isn't like I'm not aware of what you get out of it. Unless it's just :effort:, everyone price matches and tax is the same. I'd much rather stop at Target or Best Buy and get it in ~10 minutes for the same price. I just happen to live in an area now where there are alternatives to Amazon and Prime is no longer a value for me. I appreciate everyone's civil discussion about this because I don't think I've recently seen discussion on any topic not turn into a complete shitfest after a few posts. Sorry to anyone who saw a lot of new posts thinking something cool happened with the Switch. I'm gonna shut up about Amazon now.

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Mar 30, 2017

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Prime sucks and I only use it because my parents pay for it and it's sometimes the only option. I buy way more crap elsewhere online or in store when I'm in the big city on weekends.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Twitch Prime is a pretty great benefit if you're into that

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

FireMrshlBill posted:

It may be good for them just to get more software out there. However, I don't see them making the same collections for the prices Sega sells theirs for. Nintendo would rather just keep it on a device you have to buy from them for prices they set. $5/NES game rather than $14.99 for 10 NES games like Sega steam collections or whatever.

If this system got the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection from the 360, I'd buy it day 1.

games included
Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Alien Storm
Altered Beast
Beyond Oasis/The Story of Thor
Bonanza Bros.
Columns
Comix Zone
Decap Attack
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
Dynamite Headdy
Ecco the Dolphin
Ecco: The Tides of Time
ESWAT: City Under Siege
Fatal Labyrinth
Flicky
Gain Ground
Golden Axe
Golden Axe II
Golden Axe III
Kid Chameleon
Phantasy Star II
Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
Ristar
Shining Force: The Legacy of Great Intention
Shining Force II: The Ancient Seal
Shining in the Darkness
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
Sonic & Knuckles
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Sonic 3D Blast/Flickies Island
Sonic Spinball
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2
Streets of Rage 3
Super Thunder Blade
Vectorman
Vectorman 2

Unlockable
Alien Syndrome (arcade)
Altered Beast (arcade)
Congo Bongo (arcade) (under original title "Tip Top" in some regions)
Fantasy Zone (arcade)
Golden Axe Warrior (Sega Master System)
Phantasy Star (Sega Master System)
Shinobi (arcade)
Space Harrier (arcade)
Zaxxon (arcade)

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Mar 30, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I just got every 2d Genesis Sonic game for loving free on my kids Kindle

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rexroom posted:

Jackbox Party Pack 2 is coming April 13th, at least in Australia with a price of $32.27AUD.

thats a 100% buy for me

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
prime now owns

I ordered a switch, went to bed, woke up, there it is

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

I'm at 85 hours in Zelda and still only 1/4 way through the main quest, 64 shrines, 120 seeds, etc. I'm dragging it out as long as I can, maybe I will beat it before MK8 comes out. Maybe.

Bloodplay it again posted:

I purchased this Switch case from Target for $10 less than Amazon (they finally dropped the price to match Target). Even in the event it was cheaper at Amazon, Target price matches Amazon and you don't have to wait for any shipping at all. Some B&M stores also have promotions that Amazon doesn't touch. I'm not wealthy enough to own Dash buttons. I have spent thousands of dollars with Amazon over the years so it isn't like I'm not aware of what you get out of it. Unless it's just :effort:, everyone price matches and tax is the same. I'd much rather stop at Target or Best Buy and get it in ~10 minutes for the same price. I just happen to live in an area now where there are alternatives to Amazon and Prime is no longer a value for me. I appreciate everyone's civil discussion about this because I don't think I've recently seen discussion on any topic not turn into a complete shitfest after a few posts. Sorry to anyone who saw a lot of new posts thinking something cool happened with the Switch. I'm gonna shut up about Amazon now.

Ya, I hear that. I did try to just shop locally this year for xmas, ended up having to go to Amazon anyway for a few things (6 different stores didn't have the loving Grinch blu ray) so I should have just done that from the get go. I haven't done price matching in years because I used to do it and hated going through the process of making sure it is in stock locally (for B&M stores) or is sold by first party (for online retailers like Amazon that allow third party sellers). I just hate going into stores now too I guess, haha. Even when I was only 15 minutes outside of DC (live an hour away now), everything was either out of stock or more expensive locally (since I don't bother with price matching).

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Spacebump posted:

If this system got the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection from the 360, I'd buy it day 1.

games included
Alien Storm
Altered Beast
Bonanza Bros.
Columns
Comix Zone
Decap Attack
Dynamite Headdy
Ecco the Dolphin
Fatal Labyrinth
Flicky
Gain Ground
Golden Axe
Golden Axe II
Golden Axe III
Kid Chameleon
Phantasy Star II
Ristar
Shining in the Darkness
Sonic & Knuckles
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Sonic Spinball
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2
Streets of Rage 3
Super Thunder Blade
Vectorman
Vectorman 2

Unlockable
Alien Syndrome (arcade)
Altered Beast (arcade)
Fantasy Zone (arcade)
Shinobi (arcade)
Space Harrier (arcade)
Zaxxon (arcade)

own it on ps3 and pc, and would buy again.

Gain Ground.

Gain loving Ground, with impromptu joycons.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Nolgthorn posted:

You wouldn't download a Switch

Thread title

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Spacebump posted:

games included
Alien Storm
Altered Beast
Bonanza Bros.
Columns
Comix Zone
Decap Attack
Dynamite Headdy
Ecco the Dolphin
Fatal Labyrinth
Flicky
Gain Ground
Golden Axe
Golden Axe II
Golden Axe III
Kid Chameleon
Phantasy Star II
Ristar
Shining in the Darkness
Sonic & Knuckles
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Sonic Spinball
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2
Streets of Rage 3
Super Thunder Blade
Vectorman
Vectorman 2

Unlockable
Alien Syndrome (arcade)
Altered Beast (arcade)
Fantasy Zone (arcade)
Shinobi (arcade)
Space Harrier (arcade)
Zaxxon (arcade)

I think I have a similar one on Steam, but not sure that it had that many games. I mainly got it for Phantasy Star games so didnt really pay attention to the others.

That would be nice for a similar one from Nintendo. Who knows, maybe since they did the $2/game pricing on the NES Classic Edition, they would do a 30 game bundle for $60 on the Switch and could save even more without the extra hardware. However, I have a feeling they won't. Heck, they won't even let you keep the monthly NES/SNES game with the online subscription.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I just got Bomberman and it's really good. I'd say it's a must buy if it was $20.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
I don't know much about Nintendo products, but my wife loves Mario games, and I am thinking of getting her a Switch for her birthday.

I read Odyssey isn't coming out until around Christmas, so does anyone know if there are any old Mario games you can get for the switch? Downloadable or something on their e-store?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I don't know much about Nintendo products, but my wife loves Mario games, and I am thinking of getting her a Switch for her birthday.

I read Odyssey isn't coming out until around Christmas, so does anyone know if there are any old Mario games you can get for the switch? Downloadable or something on their e-store?

Nothing yet but I wouldn't be surprised to know about virtual console in a month or so.

EDIT: Oh yeah, there's an excellent new port of the best Mario Kart game ever late next month.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I was a huge dickhead. I waited till midnight at Gamestop in line and I was really loving tired and I was on-call, and we looked at Prime Now and saw they had Neon switches. The Gamestop I went to only had extra in the from of gray, so I figured I can just go home and sleep and get a neon switch, or stand in line forever and get a grey one

it owned

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yall i cant wait for MK8

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Somebody mentioned it a while back but when is the You Don't Know Jack Party box game due?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Louisgod posted:

Somebody mentioned it a while back but when is the You Don't Know Jack Party box game due?

4/13

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

eonwe posted:

yall i cant wait for MK8

i didnt play the first one so its gonna be even better on the switch :dance:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Blazing Zero posted:

i didnt play the first one so its gonna be even better on the switch :dance:

from what I hear, its even better than the original version, and the original is honestly god drat amazing

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Bombadilillo posted:

own it on ps3 and pc, and would buy again.

Gain Ground.

Gain loving Ground, with impromptu joycons.

Gain Ground was loving rad :hf:
Did you know they made a PS2 remake with even more jammin' music?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

eonwe posted:

from what I hear, its even better than the original version, and the original is honestly god drat amazing

grats on your 36 thousandth post :toot:

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I would buy so many old games that I already have if they had a sliding scale based on what console it was on that capped out at N64 games being like $5.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Stan Taylor posted:

I would buy so many old games that I already have if they had a sliding scale based on what console it was on that capped out at N64 games being like $5.

Haha, you're hilarious. Five dollars for a game from 20 years ago.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FireMrshlBill posted:

I'm at 85 hours in Zelda and still only 1/4 way through the main quest, 64 shrines, 120 seeds, etc. I'm dragging it out as long as I can, maybe I will beat it before MK8 comes out. Maybe.

I beat it in 30 with numbers like that and all main quests completed. Feel bad.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

eonwe posted:

I'd say the original is pretty much perfect except for it's battle mode and that's the main new fix to Deluxe. I'm going to put 100s more hours into it and enjoy it all.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Blazing Zero posted:

grats on your 36 thousandth post :toot:

fuk ya

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
i heard the new battle mode isnt last man standing?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

HyperPuma posted:

i heard the new battle mode isnt last man standing?

There isn't one single mode now. There's 5 including a new one, Renegade Roundup, that looks like it'll be really fun.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'd say the original is pretty much perfect except for it's battle mode and that's the main new fix to Deluxe. I'm going to put 100s more hours into it and enjoy it all.

I thought people pointed out they didn't really fix battle mode in the end?

You have balloons but when you run out, you respawn. Seems more like Double Dash battle mode than 64. I just want to do 64's battle mode but online.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
My biggest regret is buying a grey switch instead of a neon.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

They really need to just make Smash levels of customization in MK

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Vikar Jerome posted:

My biggest regret is buying a grey switch instead of a neon.

:same:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I bought a grey and a set of neon joycon. Best of both worlds

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Spacebump posted:

You have balloons but when you run out, you respawn. Seems more like Double Dash battle mode than 64. I just want to do 64's battle mode but online.
Double dash was limited baloons just like 64.

I'm stoked they're bringing back the bombomb mode, and unlimited stock in regular mode isn't a dealbreaker for me, but yeah, i'm crossing my fingers for decent customization options ala smash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Spacebump posted:

The battle mode in Wii U MK8 is a lovely mess that has you playing on racing courses.

• Locked thread