Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

DrNutt posted:

I preordered both PS4 and PC versions, I figure I can decide after the beta. :shrug: Seems reasonable.

Seems reasonable, Altisian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
If any of your nerds buy that ugly loving $250 bag :lol:

Also yeah. We need a console only thread so we can watch the PC thread die in about 2 weeks.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Mikey-San posted:

nah

how you doin', sin?

hey bb I'm good. just pre-ordering lovely video games from GameStop and paying an extra $10 apparently to have it show up on day 1.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

texaholic posted:

Will xim4 users be moving to pc?

That's another reason I'm fine sticking with the PS4.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

What's this poo poo about Cayde googling himself?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hahaha I just checked how much the ugly bag edition is up here in Canada and its like $320.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Wild predictions:

- Osiris is Clovis Bray
- Cayde has more power than he thinks
- Stranger gonna come back and be hella strange
- Praedyth may not be dead

Soulex posted:

What's this poo poo about Cayde googling himself?

http://www.ishtar-collective.net/cards/ghost-fragment-cayde-6

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Good thing about next gen only is that I only need to buy it 3 times instead of 4, saving some bux.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

quote:

Another similarity between Destiny and Destiny 2: PlayStation users will get exclusive content that will remain exclusive for at least one year — until fall 2018.

:lol:

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

It's because Sony signed a major partnership deal with Activision at the beginning of this console generation. It's the reason why Destiny and Call of Duty trailers are shown at PlayStation Events pretty much exclusively outside of Activision's initial reveals. Same reason the Crash Bandicoot remake is even happening.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Menstrual Show posted:

hey bb I'm good. just pre-ordering lovely video games from GameStop and paying an extra $10 apparently to have it show up on day 1.

Why not just buy it digital and buy the lovely cayde figurine for $5 on ebay a month later if that's what you're after

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I'll pre-order on PC as long as it's now a single player only campaign shooter.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Mr President posted:

It's because Sony signed a major partnership deal with Activision at the beginning of this console generation. It's the reason why Destiny and Call of Duty trailers are shown at PlayStation Events pretty much exclusively outside of Activision's initial reveals. Same reason the Crash Bandicoot remake is even happening.

iirc Sony has said they treat Destiny like a surrogate first party (homegrown) franchise and had some weird advertising agreement where it's only legally allowed to advertise the game for being on PlayStation. I remember Microsoft got in poo poo a few years back doing some wink-wink perfume ad that was actually a Destiny ad.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Steve2911 posted:

https://i.imgur.com/dI1M8Ey.mp4

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Thank you, I was hoping that gif would be posted.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I'm gonna try and get one daily.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

PathAsc posted:

I hope Rasputin commandeers an exo to talk to us super secret like while slav squatting in an Adidas track suit and chugging vodka.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
160$ later Destiny 1 is good.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Roman posted:

It is multiplayer so if it is not 60 fps on vanilla PS4 it won't be 60 fps on Pro no matter how much they improve the gfx for Pro, and I suspect Scorpio might have the same policy

That's not how frame rates work. The game will look smoother but it doesn't mean it's faster.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Steve2911 posted:

Don't worry, if you order on PC it will be.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Waffle House posted:

Wild predictions:

- Osiris is Clovis Bray
- Cayde has more power than he thinks
- Stranger gonna come back and be hella strange
- Praedyth may not be dead

No one really cares mate

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Mill Village posted:

That's not how frame rates work. The game will look smoother but it doesn't mean it's faster.

There is no way the game will be different frame rates between console systems.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

limaCAT posted:

160$ later Destiny 1 is good.

wow you mean a game patterned after MMOs got better over time? That's the craziest loving thing I've ever heard in my life

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer
I've been in prison for the last 20 years and I just got out and stole someones PS4 and I want to play Destiny. Am I making a huge goon mistake? Some times I think the poor machine creatures in Horizon need a break from being killed, so many some aliens should be killed.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

NuckmasterJ posted:

I've been in prison for the last 20 years and I just got out and stole someones PS4 and I want to play Destiny. Am I making a huge goon mistake? Some times I think the poor machine creatures in Horizon need a break from being killed, so many some aliens should be killed.

Yep, game is worthless now. Why even post?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I'm just going by what Sony said (I don't have a link), that they wont make multiplayer run at 60 fps on Pro if they are 30 fps on PS4 so Pro owners don't have any advantage.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Officially developers aren't allowed to give PS4 Pro users an edge over PS4 Peasants but sometimes you get situations like Battlefield 1 where it just happens anyway.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

the good fax machine posted:

Why not just buy it digital and buy the lovely cayde figurine for $5 on ebay a month later if that's what you're after

I like art books so I bought the $99 version.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Roman posted:

I'm just going by what Sony said (I don't have a link), that they wont make multiplayer run at 60 fps on Pro if they are 30 fps on PS4 so Pro owners don't have any advantage.

lol

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I think that because the promo material prominently shows the three Guardian classes without their helmets suggests that Bungie intends on letting us choose to play the game without helmets. Or at least hints at a vanity option for armor pieces. Which is why they mentioned how our Guardians' faces will be carrying over. Furthermore

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Policenaut posted:

Officially developers aren't allowed to give PS4 Pro users an edge over PS4 Peasants but sometimes you get situations like Battlefield 1 where it just happens anyway.

The target fps and the actual might be different but we won't see and 30 vs 60 fps situation.

Love it if we did, since i got a Pro with a SSD. But nope

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

xzzy posted:

Yep, game is worthless now. Why even post?

Because I'm genuinely wondering if Destiny is worth snagging. The complete edition is $60 and I do enjoy shooting stuff. I literally got a PS4 a week ago and I've been trying to find all the console exclusives I've missed out over the years. Destiny is near the top of that list.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I will wear my helmet and never take it off because why would I want to see my gay robot face instead of my cool good gay exotic robot helmet

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

If those AoT book notifications are driving you crazy close your 3rd party apps like DIM. I read that Ishtar Commander pushed out a fix for it but I can't confirm

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

NuckmasterJ posted:

Because I'm genuinely wondering if Destiny is worth snagging. The complete edition is $60 and I do enjoy shooting stuff. I literally got a PS4 a week ago and I've been trying to find all the console exclusives I've missed out over the years. Destiny is near the top of that list.

I've actually been thinking about playing Destiny again myself--game is Good--but I'm an antisocial goon plus the load times I remember being annoying

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

NuckmasterJ posted:

Nope it's a lovely 3 year old game. You missed your chance.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Policenaut posted:

I will wear my helmet and never take it off because why would I want to see my gay robot face instead of my cool good gay exotic robot helmet

My Exo Hunter is canonically gay

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Steve2911 posted:

STEVE HOLT doesn't want games to be a social experience!

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
Is it a thing of PC peeps just straight up abandoning even good stuff now then? Pretty sure people still play wow today.

Wife has already preordered this for PS4 too even without seeing the gameplay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

hitchensgoespop posted:

No one really cares mate

Why are you bothering to quote me, then? That seems like a shocking waste of effort on your part. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Locked thread