Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Attention SAB connoisseurs: if you don't like xpadder/j2k/etc..., you can use steam big picture mode for controller support in gw2. I find it's pretty nice and it's fantastic at handling multiple controllers at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Haven't played in a while, but some friends started up again so I might join in. Is it possible to get enough people to do the first raid still? I haven't ever gotten around to it but it's kind of the only thing I haven't tried yet.

Yes, for example, our Thursday night casual group does any/all raids including the first one.

Ambi
Dec 30, 2011

Leave it to me
Favourite bug of recent times; some of my friends need Monk runes, so we tried Path 3 Colossus Rumblus of Ascalonian Catacombs. We got turned into ghosts and were moving through the chamber where the Path 2 boss, Ghost Eater, spawns... and the event for him to spawn started? We fought through the event and the boss spawned, killing it gave us the rewards for completing Path 2? And then we continued on, fought the Path 3 boss, and got the rewards for that too?

It was a bizarre but rewarding experience.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Ambi posted:

Favourite bug of recent times; some of my friends need Monk runes, so we tried Path 3 Colossus Rumblus of Ascalonian Catacombs. We got turned into ghosts and were moving through the chamber where the Path 2 boss, Ghost Eater, spawns... and the event for him to spawn started? We fought through the event and the boss spawned, killing it gave us the rewards for completing Path 2? And then we continued on, fought the Path 3 boss, and got the rewards for that too?

It was a bizarre but rewarding experience.

It's a old bug that they never fixed for AC that you can exploit.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Re-installing this again. [GOON] still around on Maguuma? Probably pick up a code for HoT sometime tonight.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I'm just coming back after a long time, too.

I'm interested in rangers because I never really played one. Did they ever fix pet pathing or is that still kind of odd?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I recommend joining SFD, if you're coming back. We're active with regular events every week, multiple raids/WvWednesday (8pm Pacific tonight come play)/Guild Mission Saturdays, etc

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

I recommend joining SFD, if you're coming back. We're active with regular events every week, multiple raids/WvWednesday (8pm Pacific tonight come play)/Guild Mission Saturdays, etc

I just picked up a HoT code. Ill hit yall up tonight, I have class until 8.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

lokipunk posted:

I just picked up a HoT code. Ill hit yall up tonight, I have class until 8.

Sweet, if you can, hop on our forums beforehand, https://www.starfleetdental.com/forums, I'll auth you when I get home from work and it'll set you up with all required info, mumble/steam/irc/etc etc

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

Sweet, if you can, hop on our forums beforehand, https://www.starfleetdental.com/forums, I'll auth you when I get home from work and it'll set you up with all required info, mumble/steam/irc/etc etc

Can do. I was in [Goon] way back in the day, ill fill out a thing.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

CLAM DOWN posted:

Oh I joined the GOON squad too and am a newer player, am I missing out by not having that as my main?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

cage-free egghead posted:

Oh I joined the GOON squad too and am a newer player, am I missing out by not having that as my main?

You can join up to 5 guilds at once in this game and even see chat from all 5 at once. You only need to rep specific ones for guild hall access, perks, and....anything else? WvW claiming? I highly recommend joining SFD and you don't have to leave another guild to do so.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Across all characters, you have played for 627 hours 20 minutes across 1663 days.

And yesterday was the first time I realized I could right click salvage kits to salvage all items of certain rarities instead of clicking each piece of trash gear.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

They only added it in like a year ago, don't feel bad :v:

e. ok maybe just a little bad.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Guest2553 posted:

They only added it in like a year ago, don't feel bad :v:

e. ok maybe just a little bad.

That's a relief, haven't played in a year. The ability to eat a whole stack of luck is nice too, though I think that was changed a long time ago. I definitely remember endlessly clicking them in the past.
now just give me an "open as many bags as possible" button somewhere.

raising my APM

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
whens sab tho

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

7 hours

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Sound-Updates

Awful.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Praise the sun!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Good, gently caress the dreamer, give people the option to mute it at the very least.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Was there always a flag course in the clouds in the lobby? I was traveling for work basically the entire month of April last year and it's been so long I don't remember this existing.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Oh my loving god is that a gem thing I need it oh my god oh my god

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Good, gently caress the dreamer, give people the option to mute it at the very least.

The dreamer makes noises? I actually never see people with it so I wouldn't know.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

that may alone be sufficient for me to finally purchase HoT

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Must find out how to get up there

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Erdricks posted:

Must find out how to get up there

Use the cannon

Sprite141 posted:

The dreamer makes noises? I actually never see people with it so I wouldn't know.

I see people with it daily, and regularly in raids/fractals/WvW. Yes, it makes incredibly annoying horse noises.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

Yes, it makes incredibly sexy horse noises.

I fixed your typo.

Also so smart of them to put bank tabs on sale just before SAB started. Finally I get to role-play Goku gliding around in all his glory.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
People overuse the phrase "slap in the face" in that legendary sound adjustment thread. And in general when it comes to videogames and politics.

Every time people misuse the phrase, someone should actually slap them in the face.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxyySzfufoo

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

aaahahahahahah this is the best thing ever added to GW2

hyung
Jul 22, 2012
Turns out warrior is pretty awesome. I think heavy also has the best looking sets in the game.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

This is double great not only for the hilarity but the audio cue and the visibility. I'm triple sold.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

hyung posted:

Turns out warrior is pretty awesome. I think heavy also has the best looking sets in the game.

You're not making my decision whether to play through my warrior or my ranger first any easier!!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
warrior, duh

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Magres posted:

warrior, duh

That seems to be a pretty common response.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

hyung posted:

HATTORI HANZO

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

hyung posted:

you look like Tom Cruise

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/62ffui/there_is_a_super_bee_dog_cat_at_the_top_of_the/

Yes, it is a pain in the rear end to get.

Also if you wanna do Trib mode at all, I'd recommend trying GW2 Taco

http://gw2taco.blogspot.hu/2015/12/quick-start-guide.html

It will tell you where to go.

Lonk fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Mar 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lonk posted:

Also if you wanna do Trib mode at all, I'd recommend trying GW2 Taco

http://gw2taco.blogspot.hu/2015/12/quick-start-guide.html

It will tell you where to go.

Where does that interface stand in terms of violating the ToS?

• Locked thread