Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i don't care about it's speed i need to know how many unremovable garbage apps it will come with since it's still running android & is a samsung device afterall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

pram posted:

anroid
lol!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

the samsung cpu is octocore, and the A10 is quad

it's more like 4 vs. 2 since that's all that operate at a time.

assuming samsung isn't cheating on their benchmarks again

also, put the mac pro single core store on there, fatwood

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
if they come out with a (non-pro) macbook with 2 usb-c ports which can drive 2 5k screens* it will be the last computer i will ever buy

* = its not just the number of ports the mbp 13 can only drive 1 5k screen

poty
Jun 21, 2008

ps: its 2017 where the gently caress are all the displayport 1.3 screens

poty
Jun 21, 2008

i was just researching why the mbp 13 cant drive 2 5k screens

at first i thought it was because the lg ultrafine 5k screens dont support dp 1.3 streams (i still dont know if this is true)
then i checked the graphics cards. intel only does dp 1.2 so this is def a problem but more importantly...
the usb-c ports in the macbooks are thunderbolt 3 which only supports dp 1.2 so thats probably going to be the longer-term limitation

what a ride in annoying confusing nerd poo poo

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
why do you need a goddamn 5k screen

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Apple said so 🍎

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Millstone posted:

i need two! four!! as many 5k screens as you can tower around me!!! i wanna get tanned from the sweet glow of a million 5k screens!!!! 5 billion pixels motherfucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

poty fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Mar 31, 2017

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

a macbook with a USB c port on each side and touchid would be a proper MacBook Air replacement that said I really like my pro butan edition

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
ive had a 5k screen since the retinal 27" imac came out (like i got one right away) and it's not without its issues, (short term burn in!!!!) but

apple

owns

youur

rear end

and its

hole

Syllables
Jul 2, 2011

XOF XOF XOF

:fag:
you dont really own a macbook until you put at least 2 stickers on it to be honest

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

hmmm, yes, the 7+ indeed appears to have 1241 more score points, precisely what my list of requirements dictates

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Syllables posted:

you dont really own a macbook until you put at least 2 stickers on it to be honest

i have many a stickers but i cant post or it would out me

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Syllables posted:

you dont really own a macbook until you put at least 2 bumper stickers on it to be honest

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

jeff fatwood of snack overflow

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Millstone posted:

Stop telling people their computer has too many pixels, gigabytes or gigahertz.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
I could dedicate a 5k monitor to display a red background with blue dots on it and it would be none of your business

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
I like to watch this on my 5k iMac with 1k to spare
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF0cGt5-69k

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

good monitors, headphones, keyboards and mice are good, having high numbers on the spec sheet and being extremely thin is bad

ufarn
May 30, 2009
physical buttons > small bezel > *sync > hdr > 2K

do apple monitors/imacs have vesa?

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

ufarn posted:

idk i'm not playing a ton of DOS games these days

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

ufarn posted:

imacs no cause the stands are built in but I guarantee their are some custom hack jobs. their monitors probably but I don't think they make monitors anymore.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Shaggar posted:

imacs no cause the stands are built in but I guarantee their are some custom hack jobs. their monitors probably but I don't think they make monitors anymore.

they do actually, http://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/imac-vesa - and, surprisingly, they charge only $40 extra

well i mean they dont if you didnt plan in advance, but otherwise yes

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

huh, that is legit cool though, shows far more awareness of the varying needs of professionals than i though the apple of 2017 had

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

yeah, its a refreshing page to read after the usual dongle galore

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
they're still 16:9 poverty resolution though

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Pinterest Mom posted:

it does beat iPhone 7 on multicore benchmarks

you're wife will love the octocore snapdragon processor

Millstone posted:

5k on large monitors is amazing

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

qirex posted:

a macbook with a USB c port on each side and touchid would be a proper MacBook Air replacement that said I really like my pro butan edition

hopefully this will exist in 2020 when it's time to replace my 2015 mbp

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

hmmm, yes, the 7+ indeed appears to have 1241 more score points, precisely what my list of requirements dictates

It really is the best phone in the world. Small hand havers can enjoy their Stebe edition or whatever, but the 7+ is a masterpiece. Tim has done it again.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

jet black 7 is vey nace

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i do think apple is suffering from overstretching their resources. macOS seems to suffer the most.

messages needs some desparate lovin.very weird error I ran into today in messages:

my good friend eric's conversation renamed him to "Liliana," another person in my contacts that i texted twice like three years ago. odd.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

how does the most profitable company on earth have stretched resources

how

for gently caress sake they could pay me $100k a year to q/a their bullshit and they wouldn't even know i was on the payroll

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

growing pains?

they went from having 20 billion to half a trillion dollars in ten years it takes a while to even figure out what the gently caress to do with all that money

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

"just wait guys, it'll be open hiring season once we get into the new office, really! we're just low on space!!"

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

THC posted:

growing pains?

they went from having 20 billion to half a trillion dollars in ten years it takes a while to even figure out what the gently caress to do with all that money
they're building a massive ring-shaped spacecraft that'll allow them to leave earth forever

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i imagine it will take a long time for them to shake their hiring practices to expand more rapidly- if it'll happen at all

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

THC posted:

growing pains?

Actually it's them being too cheap to retain good developers bc Google Amazon Microsoft and Facebook etc pay a shitload more.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
apple are probably transitioning to being a hedgefund/bank with an iphones business attached, only thing that explains cook bumping off beloved product lines with great synergy that convince people to stay with apple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

yeah idk what I'm going to do when my time capsule dies

• Locked thread