Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

spacetoaster posted:

That's pretty funny because the last pope was literally in the Hitler Youth.

Also, you called a massive percentage of the population you disagree with nazis. lol, you big baby.

pseudo nazis doesnt equal nazis ya big goof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

StashAugustine posted:

uhh you realize we're in the 'make fun of nazis' thread right

e: also the point of my post was that conservatives who wouldn't be on board with the hardright reactionary poo poo four years ago like me got taken along for the ride on the trump train

I just want to make fun of everyone.

sneakyfrog posted:

pseudo nazis doesnt equal nazis ya big goof

Actually....

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

spacetoaster posted:

I just want to make fun of everyone.

Actually....

like everyone everyone or just itt everyone?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Now is that actually what happened because heatst.com is kinda trashy

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Uncle Wemus posted:

that's a weird way to spell Hearst

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Uncle Wemus posted:

lovely thing may or may not have dunked on lovely thing fairly or unfairly

next

on whogivesafuck breaking news.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Ok heres the shaming

And then heatst turned that into an accusation of kink shaming and sex negativity

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
ok. but which one is the nazi? do not see it

:haw:

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

its me, im the nazi who champions the superiority and perfection of the aryan race while jacking off to weird anthropomorphic spacedogs

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
did someone say yiff?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'm jerking right this minute it to the idea of an orgy of all the maidens trapped in crystals from the SNES classic Zelda: A Link to the Past

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

cumshitter posted:

I'm jerking right this minute it to the idea of an orgy of all the maidens trapped in crystals from the SNES classic Zelda: A Link to the Past

gross todd.

gross.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

cumshitter posted:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

https://twitter.com/powerpcmacaroni/status/847454502240243712

those conservative evangelicals with their notoriously low divorce rates

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/Anawnnemus/status/847550754491699202

quote:

This country was invented by whites. Our culture descended from Europeans onto European Americans. No other subgroup in human history has more contributions, inventions, and innovations than whites. Thats a fact. If you deny it you're just lying to yourself. Whites built and designed this country. Stop taking it for granted

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

not a worldstar video that ends appropriately for sure. :smithfrog:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

sneakyfrog posted:

not a worldstar video that ends appropriately for sure. :smithfrog:

the WSHH comments section is filled to the brim with Alt-Right dipshits

why?

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

What is it about fast food places that make people lose their god drat minds. If it isn't people fighting it's dipshits like going full 1488 while ordering their Big Mac.

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
Masturbation is problematic

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

THC posted:

In case anyone hasn't seen it: https://contemporaryfamilies.org/impact-of-conservative-protestantism-on-regional-divorce-rates/

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

cumshitter posted:

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Imagine.... if you ever jerked off to some naked Avatar-looking vixen from a decade old Star Fox spin-off.

Because that apprently actually happened.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
The alt-right jerk off to Starfox is what I'm coming away with right now.

E: OR do the alt-right just want to defend the right to jerk off to Starfox?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Montasque posted:

The alt-right jerk off to Starfox is what I'm coming away with right now.

E: OR do the alt-right just want to defend the right to jerk off to Starfox?

Compromise: if you are going to jerk off to star fox its only ok to jerk off to Peppy

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Uncle Wemus posted:

Ok heres the shaming

And then heatst turned that into an accusation of kink shaming and sex negativity

i am more surprised they responded to it. they don't respond to comments/insults much(least on twitter) because they know the dumb shitstorm that happens.. plus it wasn't on their wall but on sadbrains page and they usually keep to their own stuff. but anyone lovely on anyone from polygon is fine by me.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 00:29 on Mar 31, 2017

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

THC posted:

I'm seeing "evangelicals" being thrown around a lot. What is that? Is that a particular denomination? Or is it just like catholics who are against condoms?

The wiki page says it was a political movement from like 30 years ago, but I haven't heard of that recently.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

I'm seeing "evangelicals" being thrown around a lot. What is that? Is that a particular denomination? Or is it just like catholics who are against condoms?

The wiki page says it was a political movement from like 30 years ago, but I haven't heard of that recently.

its mostly a catch all for various hard right moral majority protestants, usually with mega churches. bible belt and deep south. believe in protestant work ethic and prosperity gospel, hate gays, ridgely enforce gender norms, anti abortion, pro war. etc.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Dapper_Swindler posted:

its mostly a catch all for various hard right moral majority protestants, usually with mega churches. bible belt and deep south. believe in protestant work ethic and prosperity gospel

:smithfrog: that was my jam.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

sneakyfrog posted:

:smithfrog: that was my jam.

I live in south east PA, so we are on the edge of their territory, they are really big in poor white,shittier parts of the country, because their tenents are basicaly, "say you believe in Jesus and your saved, repeat ad nausem"

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Dapper_Swindler posted:

its mostly a catch all for various hard right moral majority protestants, usually with mega churches. bible belt and deep south. believe in protestant work ethic and prosperity gospel, hate gays, ridgely enforce gender norms, anti abortion, pro war. etc.

So pretty much all christians except for like unitarians or something. ok.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Evangelicalism, a major part of popular Protestantism,[b] is among the most dynamic religious movements in the contemporary world, alongside resurgent Islam.[5] While on the rise globally, the developing world is particularly influenced by its spread.

In 2015, the World Evangelical Alliance is "a network of churches in 129 nations that have each formed an evangelical alliance and over 100 international organizations joining together to give a world-wide identity, voice, and platform to more than 600 million evangelical Christians".[70][71]

According to a 2011 Pew Forum study on global Christianity, 285,480,000 or 13.1 percent of all Christians are Evangelicals.[72] These figures do not include the Evangelical movements Pentecostalism and Charismatic movement; 584,080,000. The largest concentration of Evangelicals can be found in the United States, with 28.9% of the U.S. population or 91.76 million,[73] the latter being roughly one third of the world's Evangelicals.[4]

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

So pretty much all christians except for like unitarians or something. ok.

ill be overly dramatic but, its the wahabism of Christianity.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I was raised Evangelical adjacent. My mom's side of the family are all hardcore bible thumpers who spend 4-6 hours a week at church, some of them are even pastors. I went to church maybe once or twice a season when I'd go stay over for the weekend. Evangelical services are fiery passionate affairs with lots of shouting about hellfire and damnation. They also lasted four hours with another hour afterwards for socializing, plus additional midweek services if you just couldn't get enough. None of them go to megachurches, and in fact theres a certain amount of pride in having your church be a crappy store front in a strip mall or a cinderblock building outside of what passes for town. Shows how humble they are. My parents are both non-religious but wanted to let me make the choice, and I can see how if youre raised fully in that tradition it would forever mark your worldview. My wife keeps wanting to go to an Evangelical service just to see what its like, but Ive told her she would have to go without me, as its not something I care to experience ever again.

RedneckwithGuns posted:

What is it about fast food places that make people lose their god drat minds. If it isn't people fighting it's dipshits like going full 1488 while ordering their Big Mac.

No one who eats fast food on a regular basis is in a good place in their life

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
eh. some things you grow out of. other things you dont. :shrug: hell i went to school for mathematics and physics. shits weird.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Race Realists posted:

the WSHH comments section is filled to the brim with Alt-Right dipshits

why?

Because the real audience has better things to do with their lives than post in comments sections?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Not a Step posted:

I was raised Evangelical adjacent. My mom's side of the family are all hardcore bible thumpers who spend 4-6 hours a week at church, some of them are even pastors. I went to church maybe once or twice a season when I'd go stay over for the weekend. Evangelical services are fiery passionate affairs with lots of shouting about hellfire and damnation. They also lasted four hours with another hour afterwards for socializing, plus additional midweek services if you just couldn't get enough. None of them go to megachurches, and in fact theres a certain amount of pride in having your church be a crappy store front in a strip mall or a cinderblock building outside of what passes for town. Shows how humble they are. My parents are both non-religious but wanted to let me make the choice, and I can see how if youre raised fully in that tradition it would forever mark your worldview. My wife keeps wanting to go to an Evangelical service just to see what its like, but Ive told her she would have to go without me, as its not something I care to experience ever again.

They sound terrible.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

ill be overly dramatic but, its the wahabism of Christianity.

What percentage of christians are we talking about? This description:

Dapper_Swindler posted:

hard right moral majority protestants, usually with mega churches. bible belt and deep south. believe in protestant work ethic and prosperity gospel, hate gays, ridgely enforce gender norms, anti abortion, pro war. etc.

makes it sound like it's just those crazies you see protesting funerals and yelling outside abortion clinics, but some of you make it sound like they're everybody.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Dapper_Swindler posted:

it's important to note just how different churches can be and still be evangelical. i saw something a while back that said something like less than 40% of self-identified evangelicals agree on what it means to be an evangelical. so you've got publicly proselytizing prosperity gospel megachurches alongside unaffiliated baptists whose churches are basically 2-3 extended families and who really don't care to have new members. i'd argue that the chief defining characteristic is a relative lack of importance placed on the more esoteric theological distinctions that separate the various protestant denominations, so it tends to be a very "big tent" and ill-defined.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

how could trump betray the internet :qq:

http://www.spin.com/2017/03/trump-supporters-internet-privacy-fcc/

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

spacetoaster posted:

They sound terrible.

What percentage of christians are we talking about? This description:

makes it sound like it's just those crazies you see protesting funerals and yelling outside abortion clinics, but some of you make it sound like they're everybody.
funeral protesters are a really small part of it, as a matter of percentage, since those churches don't tend to recruit as well as the joel osteen loving megachurches that set up shop just off the interstate and get literally thousands of people worshipping every sunday.

the biggest part would be prosperity gospel people who would unironically love supply side jesus.

i do really love that one of my senators wrote that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

it kind of blows me away he's gonna sign that since it would be such an easy win for him not to