Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I think the only sidequests that you have to redo are ones that are part of the chapters plot like the resistance camp weapon trader or chip vendor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

exploded mummy posted:

I think the only sidequests that you have to redo are ones that are part of the chapters plot like the resistance camp weapon trader or chip vendor

Yeah, that's why i asked since i had to redo those, but others were gone.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I straight up quit the second dark souls 3 dlc at the first boss. it wasn't even that it was hard since there've definitely been harder bosses in the series. I am just so tired of the "you killed the boss! lol jk here's another health bar, do it again" thing ds3 loves to do. def the worst offender of the lot too since it seems like it was actually done for a second before you realize that you're not done. at least form shifts in the other games didn't pretend like you'd won. the more I played ds3, the less I liked it

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think a sidequest changed my main menu screen which was pretty cool

I think emil's quest changes it to a field of lunar tear flowers. was that it?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

I straight up quit the second dark souls 3 dlc at the first boss. it wasn't even that it was hard since there've definitely been harder bosses in the series.

Did you bring Lapp down with you?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

no. is that an npc summon or something?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

no. is that an npc summon or something?

Yeah he's stupidly hard to find. If you go back to the first bonfire and continue on to the chapel with the two knights, sprint past them to the end of the room and run over the now-fallen tower.

You'll find a dude there.
Talk to him a few times at the second bonfire and eventually you'll find him before the boss fight.

He's insanely easy to miss, I only found out about him in the DS3 thread.

He'll take care of one of the bosses for you.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Manatee Cannon posted:

I straight up quit the second dark souls 3 dlc at the first boss. it wasn't even that it was hard since there've definitely been harder bosses in the series. I am just so tired of the "you killed the boss! lol jk here's another health bar, do it again" thing ds3 loves to do. def the worst offender of the lot too since it seems like it was actually done for a second before you realize that you're not done. at least form shifts in the other games didn't pretend like you'd won. the more I played ds3, the less I liked it

I think emil's quest changes it to a field of lunar tear flowers. was that it?

Yeah, that's it. I read about the significance of that thing in the previous game and it made things even more bittersweet, but it was poignant enough on its own. And now I'm reminded of it every time I boot things up!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah he's stupidly hard to find. If you go back to the first bonfire and continue on to the chapel with the two knights, sprint past them to the end of the room and run over the now-fallen tower.

You'll find a dude there.
Talk to him a few times at the second bonfire and eventually you'll find him before the boss fight.

He's insanely easy to miss, I only found out about him in the DS3 thread.

He'll take care of one of the bosses for you.

is he just a distraction like most other npc summons, or does he straight up remove a phase of the fight? because like I said, my problem wasn't that it was hard. I just really hate that particular gimmick at this point. I fully expect to have to kill the last dlc boss 4 times to actually win. friede was really stupid btw

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I don't know because I only tried the fight once and died (I'm going back to it this weekend) but he definitely seemed to have nearly killed one of the beast things.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

well if you died at that point, when you kill both they pretend to be dead for a few seconds (you can still lock on and hit them but it doesn't do anything), then a super demon gets up with 1.5x the health of one of them and a bunch of aoe fire attacks. I got past the first phase on my one try, tho I used most of my estus, and when I realized that the game was trying to fake me out I just lost all feeling of accomplishment. I did try to kill the second phase but I had like 3 estus by then and got owned instead

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hahaha gently caress sake

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah this fight is bulllllshit

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Sorry to interrupt page 4 of continuous soulsborne chat but I just got the platinum trophy in Horizon and deserve a pat on the back

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Sorry to interrupt page 4 of continuous soulsborne chat but I just got the platinum trophy in Horizon and deserve a pat on the back

Kudos to you and to Guerrilla Games, developers of the critically acclaimed Killzone series, for making a game I actually wanted to 100%.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

nice, can you take a picture of it for us?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ryoga posted:

Noice

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Ryoga posted:

He means your back.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

exquisite tea posted:

Kudos to you and to Guerrilla Games, developers of the critically acclaimed Killzone series, for making a game I actually wanted to 100%.

Yeah the grazer dummies/flowers/vessels weren't exactly "fun" but hardly a chore. The rest was great.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Yeah the grazer dummies/flowers/vessels weren't exactly "fun" but hardly a chore. The rest was great.

Remember you're not totally done with Horizon until you also 100% the character summary tab!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Time to get 100% of the overworld notebooks

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Fuuuuck that. I'm at 90.88%, that's good enough. Now I can go be disappointed with Mass Effect.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm joking. Collecting those is for insane people.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Fuuuuck that. I'm at 90.88%, that's good enough. Now I can go be disappointed with Mass Effect.

You actually don't have to get all the datapoints for 100%. The stuff people usually miss are buying all the purple tier weapons/armor and that blooddrinker quest.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Now I can go be disappointed with Mass Effect.

Don't do ittttttt

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

exquisite tea posted:

You actually don't have to get all the datapoints for 100%. The stuff people usually miss are buying all the purple tier weapons/armor and that blooddrinker quest.

Hmm I thought I had done all the side missions but yeah I have not done blood drinker.

Also why would I need anything about shield weaver for armor

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
So here I am, halfway through Horizon Zero Dawn and having a hard time on Normal. I drop the difficulty to Easy and then get to wondering why I've only unlocked regular and fire arrows yet... Well, let's just Google this, and... oh... oh no...

:negative:

So yeah, I played 11 hours of this loving game without buying weapons that fire hardpoint/shock/freeze/corruption arrows. I was installing mods, which is probably how I even got as far as I did.

When I finally tried a hardpoint arrow I one-shotted a thing that would have been a whole ordeal to fight otherwise. Good grief.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I was just gonna post about easy it is to not realize that, though I don't know if you get guided into some different weapons a little further along the main quest -- I'm just on my way to Daytower now having spent a ton of time just loving around in the East. The Hunters Lodge line might serve that purpose too.

Might just be me but I usually don't think of vendors as very important in most RPGs, the best items are usually looted.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I was just gonna post about easy it is to not realize that, though I don't know if you get guided into some different weapons a little further along the main quest -- I'm just on my way to Daytower now having spent a ton of time just loving around in the East. The Hunters Lodge line might serve that purpose too.

Might just be me but I usually don't think of vendors as very important in most RPGs, the best items are usually looted.

Yeah, I guess that was my thinking. In the vendor menus the weapons just seem to say "yo this one fires more slowly but more accurately" and whatnot, and I guess I just glazed over the different symbols.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

If the devs of Horizon knew how to make a good game, why have they been making killzone games for forever?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm still not very far in Horizon but I remember almost immediately buying a "warrior bow" or something that the devs apparently thought the meaning of being able to fire electric arrows was somehow encoded in that name.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

AAA development. Apparently Horizon doing gangbusters got a lot of AAA developers pumped because it's an original IP that got a bazillion dollars thrown at it that did really well. Put a crack in the risk-adverse publishing machine.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Attitude Indicator posted:

If the devs of Horizon knew how to make a good game, why have they been making killzone games for forever?

Killzone 2 was actually very good.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yeah, the Hunter's Lodge quests are the only things that explicitly signpost weapon upgrades to special attacks, since if you don't have the right weapon they will tell you to buy it

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

GG was always technically competent, and Sony was giving them lots of console-exclusive money for them to churn out CoD competitors every other year. They also did well by hiring the right talent to help make the transition to an open world RPG, like the lead writer from Fallout: NV and quest designer from Star Wars Galaxies among others.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Pocket Billiards posted:

No way. People didn't even take advantage of the DLC they did release. The servers here will still empty except for basic attrition.

People don't seem to understand that Respawn is a fairly small studio, like even smaller then Platinum. EA asked most of them to move on to dev'ing a Star Wars game, with a portion left on for TF2 support. This was always the case.

That first-person boost roll maneuver is amazing to behold.

Oxxidation posted:

DS3 also had the problem of its similarities and rehashed nature being a deliberate nature of the plot and setting. The game has you encountering tweaked versions of NPC's from the first game and the whole world is exhausted and waiting to end for good. Which is a bold choice, but it does run the risk of making the player just as fatigued. I beat it once and never touched it again.

So DS3 is the MGS2 of Souls games.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The most important game ever made 🤔🤔🤔???

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The greatest, most important game ever made?

yes indeed

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
A few pages back, someone said they got an auto-refund for south park.......so i went to the sony customer support chat and demanded a refund.....they did it instantly.
That means i played Stick of Truth for free and now i have money for Persona 5 or whatever.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Because Sony desperately wanted a 'Halo killer' at one point and kept telling to make one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I don't deny that theoretically it's possible, the technology exists after all. But you'd pretty much have to force the ISP's at gunpoint to lay out proper domestic fibre networks across the entire planet to make it viable.

Besides, even as-is right now it would be a non-starter simply because of US college dorms; Large customer base for videogames, gently caress-all internet for downloading them with :v:.

20 pages back and communist as hell, but every single house and apartment in America has electricity and water, seems like we could also get them fiber optic cables. Wouldn't even need to go full communism because God knows there's a poo poo ton of private utility companies.