Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

2 expansions an Osiris themed one and then a Warmind themed one. Liking the idea of both

texaholic fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Mar 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Alteisen posted:

Good thing about next gen only is that I only need to buy it 3 times instead of 4, saving some bux.

:discourse:

See, if you had been like his from the start it never would have gained traction

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

They got my money, OIF Exo is go.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Collector's edition sold out on Best Buy before I could preorder :negative:

Now I have to fight with Amazon users

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

:discourse:

See, if you had been like his from the start it never would have gained traction

Nobody ever accused me of being smart. :v:

Shame I don't have gaming stores here, wouldn't mind getting a physical version but digital is all I can do.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

texaholic posted:

2 expansions an Osiris themed one and then a Warmind themed one. Liking the idea of both

Considering that the price of the limited edition is the same as Destiny 1, I wonder if this means these 2 expansions are expected in the first year.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Blackfyre posted:

Is it a thing of PC peeps just straight up abandoning even good stuff now then? Pretty sure people still play wow today.

Wife has already preordered this for PS4 too even without seeing the gameplay

The biggest competitive games are on PC. This game isn't exactly catering to the MLG crowd, though.

The Division is doing great on PC, so I'm going to be surprised if it dies fast. It's not a tired franchise like COD.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

minusX posted:

Now I have to fight with Amazon users

Are we sure Amazon hasn't already put up and sold out of the collector edition? I saw it listed earlier but unavailable, now it's just not there at all.

Gamestop guy didn't mention the $99 version and I pre-ordered the $250 verison. After seeing what's actually in it.. I hope I can go back tomorrow and change it to the $99 version. The ghost for the original collector edition was pretty awesome. What the gently caress am I going to do with a messenger bag and a survival blanket?

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

katkillad2 posted:

Are we sure Amazon hasn't already put up and sold out of the collector edition? I saw it listed earlier but unavailable, now it's just not there at all.

Gamestop guy didn't mention the $99 version and I pre-ordered the $250 verison. After seeing what's actually in it.. I hope I can go back tomorrow and change it to the $99 version. The ghost for the original collector edition was pretty awesome. What the gently caress am I going to do with a messenger bag and a survival blanket?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B06XPSGV28/?ie=UTF8&condition=all&tag=nisa-20&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER it's there and nowinstock isn't showing that it was ever listed in stock, just out.

Also if you can get the $99 one and keep the $250 (for PS4) PM me?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

the good fax machine posted:

Considering that the price of the limited edition is the same as Destiny 1, I wonder if this means these 2 expansions are expected in the first year.

pretty good odds you should be thinking dark blow/house of wolves, not taken king/rise of iron, in terms of timing and content size

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Just preordered the digital deluxe.

No regrats

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

If anyone wants to do crota things I'm down for it in a few

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

This is a safe space for being dead, gay, in your 80s, and retarded, and you bozos are only half of those things :colbert:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Yesses it's on pc, I can dinkle once again

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

RBA Starblade posted:

Yesses it's on pc, I can dinkle once again

Is it on steam or origin?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

pretty good odds you should be thinking dark blow/house of wolves, not taken king/rise of iron, in terms of timing and content size

Thats what I'd expect too. 3 or 4 months for each and then a major expansion after.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

shaitan posted:

Is it on steam or origin?

It's Activision, won't be on Origin. I would assume Steam/Windows Store.

This is the moment I start hoping and praying for cross buy between Xbox/PC

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

In all seriousness I notice the only expansion I'm missing is Rise of Iron, I am kind of tempted to pick it up and play it. I've never seen any of the raids in this game so this most recent update bumping the raids up seems pretty cool?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Ciaphas posted:

In all seriousness I notice the only expansion I'm missing is Rise of Iron, I am kind of tempted to pick it up and play it. I've never seen any of the raids in this game so this most recent update bumping the raids up seems pretty cool?

This is the absolute best time for someone brand new to get into Destiny. The fact that you haven't done any raids lumps you in with those new people.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

trash person posted:

For some reason I thought Activision was owned by EA

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Half hoping the PC version comes with Uplay and GFWL, just because.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Raids are hands down the best part of Destiny, absolutely try to do them.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Only problem in my case is getting past the OP's "I'm an idiot loser and like playing by myself" clause :v:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Got the Husk at the Shrine on my first try... right after doing Crota tonight. But I lucked out with one that only needed thrall. Guess my Warlock will be running Crota again this week unless another character gets a Husk

I assume my Warlock just do a Crota checkpoint, or do I need the whole raid?

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Roman posted:

Got the Husk at the Shrine on my first try... right after doing Crota tonight. But I lucked out with one that only needed thrall. Guess my Warlock will be running Crota again this week unless another character gets a Husk

I assume my Warlock just do a Crota checkpoint, or do I need the whole raid?

You need abyss and crota both 390 mode, omnigul too. For omingul you can use the 320 strike from the director.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Beat the Crota challenge in two cycles, me and another titan used a weapons bubble to increase sword damage and get orbs for the super. I did about 65% on mine and he finished it. Also tex did the golden gun thing. Good times

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

trash person posted:

Yeah I hope there's some import function to load my character in from 360. Probably not, but still.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Imagine if Destiny 2 doesn't have lag.

Just imagine it.

Because it's not gonna happen.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yo guys the weapons bubble on the stairs outside the right door/invis razelighter to down strat is by far the best way to do Crota challenge.

I almost dropped him in one sword, and it's definitely possible to do it. And the absolute best part is that you never have to worry about heavy synths!!!

I'm not even kidding it almost makes crota a pleasurable experience. It's really hard to gently caress it up once everyone knows how it goes.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

CheeseFactory posted:

Imagine if Destiny 2 doesn't have lag.

Just imagine it.

Because it's not gonna happen.

Bungie "We're going to be using dedicated servers this time"

"For social spaces only"

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yo guys the weapons bubble on the stairs outside the right door/invis razelighter to down strat is by far the best way to do Crota challenge.

I almost dropped him in one sword, and it's definitely possible to do it. And the absolute best part is that you never have to worry about heavy synths!!!

I'm not even kidding it almost makes crota a pleasurable experience. It's really hard to gently caress it up once everyone knows how it goes.

My group was doing that strat since OG crote's end :colbert:

uh, but with g-horns instead of lighters, since those weren't in yet

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Mazerunner posted:

My group was doing that strat since OG crote's end :colbert:

uh, but with g-horns instead of lighters, since those weren't in yet

Yeah bone krew had a post run breakdown where we wondered why we hadn't always done it like this.

It makes sense that we didn't, considering that without swords, without smoke, and without the need to never drop the sword it was always easiest to just have the bladedancer go do his invis thing in the center.

With the new tools we have and with the added challenge conditions you're insane not to use the nightstalker/razelighter/weaponsbubble method.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah bone krew had a post run breakdown where we wondered why we hadn't always done it like this.

It makes sense that we didn't, considering that without swords, without smoke, and without the need to never drop the sword it was always easiest to just have the bladedancer go do his invis thing in the center.

With the new tools we have and with the added challenge conditions you're insane not to use the nightstalker/razelighter/weaponsbubble method.

Yeah it was harder than now. We had 1-2 bubbles at the top of the stairs, and then everyone would step or jump out and shoot rockets as the sword-bearer ran at Crota. Since you're so close you didn't have to account for rocket travel time and it was easier to coordinate. Then sword guy backs off back to the bubbles, everyone reloads and chills, repeat. Move to other side.

However it was kind of a clusterfuck getting 5 people to not hit each other or the bubble especially if we only had one titan. And sometimes if the sword-bearer's timing was off or someone was too close Crota would aggro and smash everyone.

Now it sounds... easier?

We haven't done the new version yet but I think and am 100% confident that we will get it first try zero problems :yarg:

actually I do have two questions-
I know Crota summons an oversoul everytime he kneels, but does he still enrage at low health?

and also is the chest still there at the end of the thrallway after bridge? what's in it?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
There was always that one guy you had to ban from using a rocket launcher because he would always blast himself inside a bubble.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

Mazerunner posted:

I know Crota summons an oversoul everytime he kneels, but does he still enrage at low health?

and also is the chest still there at the end of the thrallway after bridge? what's in it?

Yes, yes, and class items.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Mazerunner posted:

Yeah it was harder than now. We had 1-2 bubbles at the top of the stairs, and then everyone would step or jump out and shoot rockets as the sword-bearer ran at Crota. Since you're so close you didn't have to account for rocket travel time and it was easier to coordinate. Then sword guy backs off back to the bubbles, everyone reloads and chills, repeat. Move to other side.

However it was kind of a clusterfuck getting 5 people to not hit each other or the bubble especially if we only had one titan. And sometimes if the sword-bearer's timing was off or someone was too close Crota would aggro and smash everyone.

Now it sounds... easier?

We haven't done the new version yet but I think and am 100% confident that we will get it first try zero problems :yarg:

You don't need gjally anymore, just one weapons razelighter will down him. We had one guy pop a rocket anyway as we run up just to be safe.

Yes he enrages still, same situation as before where you can damage him too much. Which is dumb.

I don't know about the chests I'm just in it for the exotic primaries and ornaments :dukedoge:

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The what now. this sounds good as gently caress

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

You don't need gjally anymore, just one weapons razelighter will down him. We had one guy pop a rocket anyway as we run up just to be safe.

Yes he enrages still, same situation as before where you can damage him too much. Which is dumb.

I don't know about the chests I'm just in it for the exotic primaries and ornaments :dukedoge:

no no, yeah. You don't need g-horn now, but that's how we did it pre-TTK.

So that's why it's easier, because shooting an oversoul is easier than coordinating 5 rockets, and having smoke bombs is better than bladedancer melee or no invis

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Legs Benedict posted:

The what now. this sounds good as gently caress

A hunter with dual melee smoke nades and the swordbearer go hide down in the right ogre tower. Other four stay up at the right exit door.

Wait for crota to rotate to the right door.

When he rotates the swordbearer and hunter kill the sword guy and grab sword. Head up the stairs to the right door.

While this is going on and once the sword has been picked up, a Titan will put a weapons bubble with the extra bonus perk at the top of the right stairs. You can run out and slide from the doorframe, you'll end up in the right spot and crota won't slam you.

Hunter and swordbearer go inside the bubble, hunter smokes both, they both run out to crota right there. Hunter raze lights crota with the power attack, he goes down in one hit. The swordbearer can nail crota as soon as the uppercut power attack connects. You can get four slams. Or a bunch of combos. Because you're right there and invis when he's getting dropped there's room for error.

As soon as the hunter hits his uppercut, he retreats to the bubble. The swordbearer runs back after his slams. Repeat the smoke and uppercut and slams.

The four people inside worry about the oversoul.

After this ogres will probably spawn, they seem to be keyed to damage. Kill them so the sword knight will respawn.

If you killed ogres quickly enough (one raze lighter guy to each tower basement should be enough) you can repeat this process on Croats next left rotation ftw. Otherwise just wait out his next right rotation and swap in a new swordbearer.

It's loving awesome because it doesn't necessitate a ton of gjally shots, the boomers and wizard aren't problems and it's not prone to weird fuckups from having to jump to the platform.

The only downside is you need a hunter and a Titan and specific gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Here's vid of the hunter on our second sword

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/uberingram/video/29001883

• Locked thread