Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
keep telling yourself that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
lol is trump fine yet

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

thathonkey posted:

keep telling yourself that

el graunidad posted:

Kelner declined to comment on the details of Flynn’s conversations with the federal and congressional officials who are conducting separate inquiries into Russian interference in the US election. But he noted Flynn was “the target of unsubstantiated public demands by Members of Congress and other political critics that he be criminally investigated”.

“No reasonable person, who has the benefit of advice from counsel, would submit to questioning in such a highly politicized, witch hunt environment without assurances against unfair prosecution.”

But contrary to the assertion by Flynn’s lawyers that discussions with the relevant committees were already underway, top aides on the House intelligence committee disputed the claim.

Jack Langer, a spokesman for the House intelligence committee chairman Devin Nunes, said no such offer had been made by Flynn in exchange for immunity. A Democratic committee aide also said members of his party had not been presented with an offer from Flynn.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/30/michael-flynn-trump-russia-investigation-testify-immunity

im sorry thathonkey. it doesn't matter.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
The Dems are going to drunkenly stumble from one wet fart to another until they lose more seats in the midterms and then stand there shocked.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

new phone who dis posted:

The Dems are going to drunkenly stumble from one wet fart to another until they lose more seats in the midterms and then stand there shocked.

What has trump done good?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
gently caress Russia. Russia is so evil they throw gays off buildings.

Oh wait, that's Saudi Arabia, the dudes its chill to do government business with

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Russia's government is linked to all the terrorists that did 9/11 and the hijackers came from Russia.

Oh wait, no, that's Saudi Arabia, the dudes its cool to be friends with

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

some harvard law professor dude who obviously doesn't know what he's talking about, right?? posted:

As an experienced lawyer, Kelner will know that the Justice Department would never grant immunity for testimony on these terms. Prosecutors would first require that Flynn submit to what’s called a proffer session in which Flynn would agree to tell everything he knows in exchange for the prosecutors agreeing not to use his statement against him. Only after the prosecutors heard what Flynn could offer in terms of evidence against others, and had an opportunity to assess his credibility, would they be willing to discuss any grants of immunity or a cooperation deal. At a minimum, the prosecutors would require Flynn’s lawyer to make a proffer outlining the information that Flynn could provide.

The fact that Flynn and his lawyer have made his offer publicly suggests that he has nothing good to give the prosecutors (either because he cannot incriminate others or is unwilling to do so). If he had something good, Flynn and his lawyer would approach the prosecutors quietly, go through the proffer process in confidence, and reach a deal. Why? Because prosecutors have an interest in keeping their investigation secret, and Flynn’s lawyer knows that. The last thing Flynn’s lawyer would do if he thought he had the goods would be to go public, because that would potentially compromise the criminal inquiry and would certainly irritate the prosecutors, the very people Flynn’s lawyer would be trying to win over.

https://www.justsecurity.org/39426/explainer-flynns-request-immunity/

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

GET MY BELT SON posted:

What has trump done good?

He mostly sucks, but getting us out of the TPP was cool and good. Offered to entertain a bi-partisan immigration compromise. Mostly a shitshow from there out, though.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

please look at these other things the USA has done bad historically to distract from the retard president whose dick i cant stop sucking

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Only Hillary's staffers who worked on her server are allowed to get blanket immunity without giving testimony because she obviously did nothing wrong

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
trump hasn't done very much good but he did win the election and probably did not actually use any russian help doing so, which makes him a Big Winner Boy in the eyes of half of america apparently

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
If any mentally deficient democrat can explain to me why we are obsessed with RUSSIA right now, and not say, governmental corruption linked to Israel, Saudi Arabia, and China, I'd love to hear it

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

If any mentally deficient democrat can explain to me why we are obsessed with RUSSIA right now, and not say, governmental corruption linked to Israel, Saudi Arabia, and China, I'd love to hear it

you have lots of retarded opinions spunky but you're probably correct on the russia thing

just never talk about steak or ketchup again

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

you have lots of retarded opinions spunky but you're probably correct on the russia thing

just never talk about steak or ketchup again

I was not being serious about ketchup. I stated clearly later "Medium rare, only it's juices and seasonings"

The last steak I cooked I did sous vide, which lets you get the temperature exactly on the dot.

I've eaten steaks so rare they're still purple on the inside

At worst, I'll use a little dab of A1. But usually I just saute onions in butter and use that as a topping

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Because Cheeto Benito got in office partial due to the paranoia caused by Russia doing the DNC leaks, and even though influence from all those countries is objectively bad having Trump sucking Putins dick constantly is bad and dumb

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

new phone who dis posted:

He mostly sucks, but getting us out of the TPP was cool and good.

Completely agree

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I've eaten steaks so rare they're still purple on the inside
That's horse, man.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Because Cheeto Benito got in office partial due to the paranoia caused by Russia doing the DNC leaks, and even though influence from all those countries is objectively bad having Trump sucking Putins dick constantly is bad and dumb

I'm sorry if Podesta used "password" as his password and he got loving Haxxor3d pwned and then the DNC looked like complete assholes (which they apparently are)

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Also the Dems felt jealous of the whole birther movement and needed something equally as dumb, they just didn't realize how popular blaming everyone but themselves for losing would be with their electorate.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
here we go again with hillary's emails

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Saudi Arabia is balls deep in 9/11 but apparently no one even gives a poo poo lmao, it's Russia that is the bad guy

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

thathonkey posted:

here we go again with hillary's emails

taco bowl engagement is real, and strong, and it's my friend

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it is gonna be funny when the only win of trumps entire political career was beating hillary

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

GET MY BELT SON posted:

Completely agree

Yeah now all those Pacific nations will turn to...China for trade agreements and they can all leverage America instead of us leveraging China. Brilliant!

(The TPP had some real poo poo in it that needed to go but, uh, it's basically just gonna give China more economic influence)

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

thathonkey posted:

it is gonna be funny when the only win of trumps entire political career was beating hillary

that's not true. i would consider future president mad dog "chaos" mattis to be wholly made of win

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Skypie posted:

Yeah now all those Pacific nations will turn to...China for trade agreements and they can all leverage America instead of us leveraging China. Brilliant!

(The TPP had some real poo poo in it that needed to go but, uh, it's basically just gonna give China more economic influence)

trump will lead us?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

thathonkey posted:

Wouldn't you like things to actually get better than reveling in schadenfreude

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

GET MY BELT SON posted:

trump will lead us?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

yes? i just see no reason to believe they will

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Seeeeeems so familiar for some reason.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Saudi Arabia is balls deep in 9/11 but apparently no one even gives a poo poo lmao, it's Russia that is the bad guy

But what about the leakers!! Tactics are consistent at least.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

"I want things to get better so I support the guy whose entire campaign was predicated on making things worse."

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Having your stupid-man dreams crushed and realizing you're the type of person who was born to be fleeced are the first steps to recovery, friend :)

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Cheeto Benito lol

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

thathonkey posted:

Lemme tell you how it was. We were down by three, nobody expected us to come back. Things are looking bad, the crowd is starting to go home. But we dug deep, we played hard and pulled off something so incredible and outrageous that people will be talking about it for years (and I certainly know I will)... four touchdowns, in a single game. That's right. I did that. I don't like to brag, but it's never been seen before.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Well Saudi Arabia's government/businesses are not competing with the United States' government and businesses... Russia's is... therefore Russia is evil

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
heyyy derrrr look over here 9/11 derrr-a trump voter

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I like how all attacks on trump are gonna destroy the dems in the midterms.

:qq: If you guys don't stop being mean to my best friend trump then you'll never win anything. :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

i don't know what the word neoliberal means

• Locked thread