Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I say, they have fixed battle MAPS but not battle MODE unless I can do elimination (last man standing) with no time limit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I don't know much about Nintendo products, but my wife loves Mario games, and I am thinking of getting her a Switch for her birthday.

I read Odyssey isn't coming out until around Christmas, so does anyone know if there are any old Mario games you can get for the switch? Downloadable or something on their e-store?

get her a 3ds

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

parallelodad posted:

I say, they have fixed battle MAPS but not battle MODE unless I can do elimination (last man standing) with no time limit.

I'm fine with how it is, at least in regards to playing online. Waiting an entire 12 player match if you got eliminated early would not be fun.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Playing with the Pro Controller right now. It is really drat good and holy gently caress it's awesome and perfect.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

The jackbox 3 is good, but there is no fibbage :smith:

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Playing with the Pro Controller right now. It is really drat good and holy gently caress it's awesome and perfect.

Yep, I thought it would be hype but it makes my hands feel good when I hold it. I find myself playing more now that I have it.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

There's some third party joycon grips that angle them to fit better in your hand if I remember correctly.

Also let's be real the joycon grip configuration is way nicer than it has any right to be, really the only configuration I don't find especially comfortable is using half a joycon as a controller, although there's some good third party grips for that.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

parallelodad posted:

I bought a grey and a set of neon joycon. Best of both worlds

them buy separately neons are the wrong way round!

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

HEB charged my credit card so I skipped the amazon batch but now I'm worried this grocery store in texas is not going to actually ship me the thing

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

them buy separately neons are the wrong way round!

You could buy a set of red and blue, then you have it all.

But to be honest I like grey better because I'm boring and think the odd color combination is an eyesore even if it does look a bit better in person.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

The Joycons are good for games like Blaster Master, but trying to play Zelda on them after using the Pro is a chore

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

chaleski posted:

The Joycons are good for games like Blaster Master, but trying to play Zelda on them after using the Pro is a chore

It's serviceable for when I'm traveling, since I don't really like lugging around a pro controller wherever I go, but the grip shell is easy enough to fit into my bag without me worrying I'll mess it up.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Mr Phillby posted:

Double dash was limited baloons just like 64.

I'm stoked they're bringing back the bombomb mode, and unlimited stock in regular mode isn't a dealbreaker for me, but yeah, i'm crossing my fingers for decent customization options ala smash.

For some reason all I remember out of Double Dash was the Bombomb mode and I thought a mode with unlimited balloons but I must be getting that confused with the Wii version.

Decent customization options would own, let's hope for it.

chaleski posted:

You must have sweet chores in your house. I've had no problems playing Zelda with the joy cons attached to the screen or joy con dock that came with the system.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

chaleski posted:

I'd argue the opposite since Zelda doesn't need a dpad while a 2D platformer benefits from one.

The directional buttons on the left joy con aren't as bad for that as I thought though. They work surprisingly well for Bomberman but I'd still prefer a real dpad.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Does the new Battle Mode actually have online play? They haven't mentioned that in any of its promotional material so I'm wondering if that's just a local thing

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Does the new Battle Mode actually have online play? They haven't mentioned that in any of its promotional material so I'm wondering if that's just a local thing

Yes, it does.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Real hurthling! posted:

I beat it in 30 with numbers like that and all main quests completed. Feel bad.

haha ya, I spend the majority of my time just running around and climbing and doing the pointless side quests for 20 rupees or whatever

Vikar Jerome posted:

My biggest regret is buying a grey switch instead of a neon.

Ya, I regretted it at first. Though I got a set of the red joycons and have a gray Left and red Right joycon on my Switch, and keep the other two in those mini controller grips for some Snipperclip (and future mario kart) action. Kinda like my gray/red look.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I believe it will have some ad hoc online play until they roll out the official online, at least I thought I read that somewhere. May just be random races like Fast RMX did or like the Splatoon 2 test, and maybe the ability to create rooms for friends once official online is available?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
i like the joycons and its the only controller i've played with all month. i tried booting up dark souls 3 on pc the other day using my 360 wireless pad and holy loving poo poo it was super weird. i couldnt believe how huge the sticks where and my brain couldn't process how i'd managed to use the pad in the past. joycons4ever.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I got my left joycon back today. I shipped it on Monday. That was a quick turn around.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Spent most of the week looking for a switch, 4 targets, a best buy, Toys R us, and a couple gamestops no luck...

Today went to a 5th target store which online listed the switch as "limited stock". Got there just shortly after they opened, no switches in the display case but lady said she had em in the back.

Score! Of course I got called into work the next few days😭

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Everyone buy Metal Slug and Metal Slug 3 so they port all of the other games to the Switch. Thank you.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Hamster please fix the Neo Geo Audio. Thank you.

Neo Geo is loaded with games that are perfect for Switch's portable multiplayer, though. Twinkle Star Sprites, Puzzle Bobble, Samurai Shodown, etc.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
What's wrong with the audio?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Wanna play baseball 2020 or whatever it's called, tia

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

What's wrong with the audio?

Maybe they're still patching it but as of when I bought Turf Masters the audio is on a significant delay. It's bad enough that I have to play with the sound muted because it's disorienting.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I haven't really noticed a problem with it. Is that in portable mode?

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

secret volcano lair posted:

HEB charged my credit card so I skipped the amazon batch but now I'm worried this grocery store in texas is not going to actually ship me the thing

I called them and managed to cancel my order before I got charged just because I trust amazon to be faster and more reliable. Let me know how long it will take to get to you or if you even get it at all.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Wanna play baseball 2020 or whatever it's called, tia

2020 Super Baseball was the bomb. The robot team had killer players.

Also, League Bowling. Let's Bowl!

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

I haven't really noticed a problem with it. Is that in portable mode?

I'd only played in portable mode but I just tried it docked and it's still screwed up.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
My ACA games have no lag with audio or anything strange at all. Are you unpatched?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yes, it does.

Sweet, looking forward to owning friends online

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Why the gently caress are you nerds talking about emulators when you can be talking about Jackbox Party Pack 3?

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

secret volcano lair posted:

Howard E. Butts is legit, I wouldn't worry (best grocery store ever, I'll miss it if I leave texas)

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

So, does anyone know if the collectables in Snake Pass actually... do anything? It doesn't seem like it, but that's not going to stop me from getting them all.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Super Bomberman R is getting free DLC from the video showed it looks like new maps and characters

https://twitter.com/NinWire/status/847646097673564161

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Infinitum posted:

Why the gently caress are you nerds talking about emulators when you can be talking about Jackbox Party Pack 3?

My hype for that died when I remembered you'd need to still be connected to the internet to play. I still have 'em all on steam so I don't really see a need to buy it again on the switch.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Infinitum posted:

gently caress yeah

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Infinitum posted:

its good, OP

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Jarogue posted:

Super Bomberman R is getting free DLC from the video showed it looks like new maps and characters

https://twitter.com/NinWire/status/847646097673564161

This is actually cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
hosed up that Puyo Puyo Tetris and Mario Kart 8 DX come out the same week.

• Locked thread