Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face

Faerie Fortune posted:

No! I really did do it myself, Artix was there :colbert:

Well of course Artix, the save-file-editor, would corroborate your lie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I believe you Fae, because you never give up! Let us all remember Bongo-Bongo. You definitely have more patience than me. I gave up on Bongo-Bongo and didn't touch the game for about a year.

Rabbi Raccoon fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Mar 20, 2017

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I believe you Fae, because you never give up! Let us all remember Bongo-Bongo. You definitely have more patience than me. I gave up on Bongo-Bongo and didn't touch the game for about a year.
I think, if we're talking about Bongo-Bongo, Artix is definitely the winner in patience, though. Chaos Mode BB looked like the definition of unfun garbage. :P

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem
Great Bay Temple is my favorite temple in the game gently caress you guys

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Episode 50 - I've Played A Link To The Past

Happy 50th episode, thread! :toot:

Have Artix getting mad at me for reasons I can no longer remember.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
It weirds me out that Octorocks disappear once they submerge

EDIT: And yeah, Arghus isn't a boss that translated to 3D well. Cool idea in 2D, tedious in 3D. He definitely wears out his welcome. And yet, I somehow always seem to forget about him until I enter his room.

Rabbi Raccoon fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Mar 21, 2017

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

It weirds me out that Octorocks disappear once they submerge

EDIT: And yeah, Arghus isn't a boss that translated to 3D well. Cool idea in 2D, tedious in 3D. He definitely wears out his welcome. And yet, I somehow always seem to forget about him until I enter his room.

:confused: Just shoot it with fire arrows to pop off a ton of bubbles at a time.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Geemer posted:

:confused: Just shoot it with fire arrows to pop off a ton of bubbles at a time.

This but bombs.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I'm not watching the video again to see what the gently caress I suggested but yeah, bombs and spin attacks gently caress Wart up pretty good. Quickspins especially will ruin his day, but I don't think Fae is capable of doing one on command, let alone several. :v:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Artix posted:

I'm not watching the video again to see what the gently caress I suggested but yeah, bombs and spin attacks gently caress Wart up pretty good. Quickspins especially will ruin his day, but I don't think Fae is capable of doing one on command, let alone several. :v:

What are you talking about, Fae is great at quickspins!

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto
Found this short performance of the Song of Time in another thread.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg6nmWZi3DU

I liked it anyway. Happy 50th, Fae and Argtixes!

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

You have no idea how much time and Magic Power I wasted trying to get up on the pillar in the room you started in by dolphin diving before I realized I needed the dungeon item. I'm bad at dolphin dives.

Also, I never had much of an issue with Wart. In fact, I kind of had fun with him. The actual boss of the temple, however...

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
I remember Deku spinning being a good way to deal with the bubbles when they're on the ground. It's been about two years since I last played the 3DS version, which was over a decade since I played the original, so I don't entirely remember how I got them off.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Commander Keene posted:

You have no idea how much time and Magic Power I wasted trying to get up on the pillar in the room you started in by dolphin diving before I realized I needed the dungeon item. I'm bad at dolphin dives.

Also, I never had much of an issue with Wart. In fact, I kind of had fun with him. The actual boss of the temple, however...

Honestly the final boss was more tedious and annoying for me. The entire temple/getting the fairies was the real boss for me.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Episode 51 - Stupid rear end in a top hat Frog

Most of this video is Artix yelling at me and this time I probably actually deserve it.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I don't know what anyone's talking about, Zora Link did some sick swimming moves into those pipes.

Th-th-th-th-th-th-th-th-th-th-th-th-th-th-thmp

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
That was some physics, I tell you what. I've never seen Zora Link do the backstroke before.

The biggest question I have, though, is this: how were the Ice Arrows going to make all those pirates rich? They were so jazzed about the prospect of looting the great treasure from the temple, and, well, even if we discount their Failure To Infiltrate the grand prize would have been a blast from the Sad Trombone of Time.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

They just heard rumors of treasure, they didn't know what it was.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Also the Skull Kid told them and we all know he's a little poo poo.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Even if skullkid was just screwing with them to make things hard for everyone in the ocean, I could certainly see how a magic freezing bow could potentially help out some pirating. Granted, it doesn't make giant ice burgs to smash boats against and it wouldn't work on the boats themselves unless they were very watery, but even if you don't give it more power than the game does, the ice floes do give you ways to quickly infiltrate over water that will vanish quickly and lower chances of people knowing you're there.

Shei-kun posted:

I don't know what anyone's talking about, Zora Link did some sick swimming moves into those pipes.

It's the new dance craze sweeping the Zora nation, the dub step. Very popular to do along with the swim.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

The Kingdom Hearts HD remakes came out on PS4 yesterday so my girlfriend decided that she is going to 100% Kingdom Hearts 1 in the highest difficulty available to us, over the course of the next three days. My anime hell begins now

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Shei-kun posted:

I've seen some crazy things in MM but this I haven't seen happen... very often.

Fae is making a good case in favor of those new swimming controls in MM3D :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

It's true, I was not a fan of the new controls until we got to Zora Link in the LP and now I completely understand their value. Still kinda sucks that the classic swimming is tied to magic, but that's pretty much a non-issue anyway.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Episode 52 - The Definition Of Insanity

A short episode today since we had to cut this one short and end the session but I'll make up for it with an update on Friday, I promise!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

It's true, I was not a fan of the new controls until we got to Zora Link in the LP and now I completely understand their value. Still kinda sucks that the classic swimming is tied to magic, but that's pretty much a non-issue anyway.
I get the value of slower controls, but I do think they could have implemented them without tying the fun controls to a limited resource

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I remember the first time I played through this level I thought you had to stop the water wheel in the first room (for god knows what reason), so after flipping that red switch I very creatively made my way back up to the door. I'm not sure what happened after that.

Also hey high five for other people scared of fictional heights. I saw the new Beauty and the Beast with my best friend and all the shots from the top of the castle looking down freaked me out. I HATE heights. Why do I live in the mountains?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

ChaosArgate posted:

That's what I've been saying all along and folks called me crazy. :colbert:

Any time I start a new cycle in MM3D, the process became "Collect the free 200 Rupees in Clock Town, warp to night of the first day, chug Chateau Romani, go about my business."

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
This isn't related to this LP per se, but Fae Youtube recommended your Sailor Moon discussion to me and oh my God it's hilarious. My wife decided to re-watch the entire series a couple years ago and I went along for the ride, and it's as crazy as you probably imagined.

E: The whole run is on Hulu, including that final season which is very real and very hosed up.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Apr 5, 2017

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

C-Euro posted:

This isn't related to this LP per se, but Fae Youtube recommended your Sailor Moon discussion to me and oh my God it's hilarious. My wife decided to re-watch the entire series a couple years ago and I went along for the ride, and it's as crazy as you probably imagined.

E: The whole run is on Hulu, including that final season which is very real and very hosed up.

I've been told the new series is pretty drat good, but like Parks and Rec just skip past the first season.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Hi friends, its been a while since I updated. Blame a mixture of depression and Kingdom Hearts. I promise one isn't related to the other.

Anyway, time to ring in my glorious return with a video that mostly takes place in the same room!

Episode 53 - I Did Not Look Up

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I don't think it will come up ever again but you can also break those barrels by doing a regular roll into them.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Funny, the two faeries Artix called out as "dick moves" I didn't have any trouble with. I saw the chest in the lower alcove as I entered the room, and the one in the upper alcove as I was getting on the water wheel. It's the faerie in the next room that I thought was a dick move. I had to use an FAQ to find it and actually breaking it is the one place where the MM3D swimming controls are actually indisputably inferior to the N64 version's, because you need to be using magic to break it in 3D.

In MM3D, they reduce the time slow effect of the Inverted Song of Time, so I've actually run out of time several times in dungeons and had to Song of Time.

I also didn't know you could freeze the downspouts by shooting them in the middle. I always shot near the hole. In my defense, though, that's not how that logically works.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

quote:

In MM3D, they reduce the time slow effect of the Inverted Song of Time, so I've actually run out of time several times in dungeons and had to Song of Time.

I ran out mid-boss-fight. It sucked. IIRC though, I did find out that as long as you make it into the boss room you can take the warp at the front of the temple, you don't even have to find the key again.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Apr 29, 2017

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
There is ALWAYS time for sick trick shots.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The swimming thing wasn't really your fault, Fae. We talked up the swimming controls a lot (too much, probably), but what they're good for is... fluidity I suppose is a good word? This dungeon was always pretty awkward, it's open spaces where they shine

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Yeah, in fact, I think this dungeon is the best possible defense of 3D's swimming controls, while Great Bay itself is probably the place where they fall flattest.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I keep forgetting that this is the same kid from OoT. So yeah, I guess he is still engaged to Ruto, unless that went south in the intervening time.

...so Link is wearing the face (and soul?!) of a dead man whose children, by a woman who bears a striking resemblance to how his fiancée would look in a future that's not going to happen any more and only he remembers (where she might have died...), he has saved in another future that hasn't happened any more and only he remembers.

I guess what I'm saying is: the guy's holding together pretty well, considering. Like, he's only occasionally running head first into brick walls.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Dzhay posted:

I keep forgetting that this is the same kid from OoT. So yeah, I guess he is still engaged to Ruto, unless that went south in the intervening time.

At risk of bringing up Zelda timelines, official material states this Link came back before his meeting with Zelda, and they abused his knowledge of Ganondorf's plots to bring him to heel. Even if Link remembers them, this version of him ostensibly never met Darunia or Ruto.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

For what it's worth, freezing the water around the low end of the seesaw to hold it down was my first thought too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

AlphaKretin posted:

For what it's worth, freezing the water around the low end of the seesaw to hold it down was my first thought too.

Mine was to freeze the chus like Fae tried. :shobon: