Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
This is a game of footy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Staggeringly poor umpiring decision

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Yeah that was dumb. What else could he do?

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

Solemn Sloth posted:

Staggeringly poor umpiring decision

Blame the stupid rule, not the stupid umpiring

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Well that kinda killed the game

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Forum Joe posted:

Blame the stupid rule, not the stupid umpiring

They've literally said within the length of the goal square is fine if you're under pressure. The umpire squibbed it completely

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

Solemn Sloth posted:

They've literally said within the length of the goal square is fine if you're under pressure. The umpire squibbed it completely

It's not about distance it's about pressure, and the nearest player was three meters away. That is not direct pressure. The umpire said as much after the remonstration.

Forum Joe fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Mar 31, 2017

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
That was a bullshit holding free against Jones.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Too many times in the last quarter swans have failed marking contests, waiting for the ball to come to them instead of attacking it. Not enough awareness of surrounds

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Solemn Sloth posted:

Too many times in the last quarter swans have failed marking contests, waiting for the ball to come to them instead of attacking it. Not enough awareness of surrounds

Yeah, that one that Grundy missed that resulted in the Bont goal killed the Swans momentum and gave it all to the Dogs.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Woeful umpiring at the end there. Did they forget why they brought in that "no pressure rushed behind" free kick rule? It was because some bloke had a kick in after a point and walked it back over the line a few times to win a game. Not someone killing the ball behind a pack. If that was paid correctly, the rule is loving stupid.

Also that holding the ball decision was dumb. No prior and he was trying to get it free. If he was a Dogs player, he would've just dropped the ball and play would've gone on.

That said, I was going for the Dogs, so hooray I guess. Bont picking that guy's pocket in the goal square was rad.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
I thought the Jones holding the ball call was fine. he got tackled but there wasn't really anything stopping him from punching it out, he just kinda writhed around like a worm

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
Lachie Hunter giving hand signals like "No way, no interview" and BT just walks straight up to him and asks some question about the horse racing tomorrow. What a loving joke.
Is it just me or does Channel 7 have way more access to all the winners in the rooms after games this year?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Every year the media talks like we all want a twilight grand final, and every year their own polls show that we don't. Are they ever going to shut the gently caress up about it?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Just watched the last quarter of tonight's game. Wow it was exciting until that deliberate rushed decision ruined the game.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

I think I'd prefer a twilight grand final because the shadows on the ground during afternoon games are garbage

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

realbez posted:

Every year the media talks like we all want a twilight grand final, and every year their own polls show that we don't. Are they ever going to shut the gently caress up about it?

No, because ratings. It's not about pleasing fans of the game it's about getting a few more people who couldn't give a poo poo to have it on their tv in the background

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

No, because ratings. It's not about pleasing fans of the game it's about getting a few more people who couldn't give a poo poo to have it on their tv in the background

:sigh:

I'm ready to watch us get slaughtered. It's a rebuild!!!

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Adelaide looking atrocious

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
What happened to last week's Adelaide?

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
God damnit Adelaide.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Vickery doing a Rance and trying to punch the bloke on teh ground in theback of the head.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Lol no

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Krows

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Could someone explain how Roughead beat lung cancer? It was my understanding that lung cancer is treatable but not curable.

Good on him, of course.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

snoremac posted:

Could someone explain how Roughead beat lung cancer? It was my understanding that lung cancer is treatable but not curable.

Good on him, of course.

He had melanoma that spread. Immunotherapy killed it (touch wood).

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

snoremac posted:

Good on him, of course.

he had skin cancer

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Popppyyyy

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
eddiebetts!!

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

realbez posted:

Just watched the last quarter of tonight's game. Wow it was exciting until that deliberate rushed decision ruined the game.

If they apply it that way every week it'll be awesome imo

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Shmoses posted:

If they apply it that way every week it'll be awesome imo

Maybe, but they won't. They already let one go today

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Tackling someone who doesn't have the ball is apparently no longer a free kick

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Eddie Betts' shorts are so big. He also kicks good goals.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

OK you can stop tanking now Hawks

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
EDDIEBETTS

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
FUCKEN HELL, EDDIE

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Any time you're ready.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

OK we're doomed.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Get absolutely hosed, umpire!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Lol what a terrible decision

• Locked thread